Howa 1500

steve_b_wales

Can't answer your question except for sarcastically suggesting a picatinny mount which is no help to anybody but out of curiosity what stock have you got on that with a rail?

It's a Hogue over moulded stock. Under the forend, there's a short 'plastic' weaver/picatinny rail. It's been suggested that I can buy a weaver conversion for it, but have't a clue where to start looking?

never seen them like that, is it removable?

Yes, just spoke to the RFD who sold me the rifle, and he said that when you remove the action, the rail can be unscrewed. I did this, but, found that there was a small plastic strip fitting in the rail, and when removed, it exposes the screw heads. Rail has now been removed, but there's two holes in the stock. One can be covered with a QD stud, but not the other. Bloody annoying on a new rifle. (actually 2nd hand but only fired 45 rounds and mint condition) I've had it less that three hours and there's two holes in it! :|

Try searching " atlas bipod mounting options " you can also fit Harris bipods to them or just a plain sling QD stud.

Thanks. My mate mentioned about Atlas bipods this morning. I've ordered a Weaver bi pod adapter to attach to the rail. It only cost a fiver, and if it's no good, I'll probably get an atlas one.

I checked the price of the Atlas bipods, and I would rather go without. I'm not saying that they are rubbish, but I would never pay that much for one, unless I was wealthy. which, sadly, I'm not!

I have now refitted the picatinny rail, and have ordered an adaptor to allow a bipod/sling to be fitted. I may even not bother with fitting a bipod. Whilst the stock was removed, I fitted a magazine upgrade to it, which took all of 10 minutes to complete.

I'm not fussed on the stock being hollow, and I'm thinking of filling it with something to deaden the hollow sound. Any idea's as to what I can use?

I have now refitted the picatinny rail, and have ordered an adaptor to allow a bipod/sling to be fitted. I may even not bother with fitting a bipod. Whilst the stock was removed, I fitted a magazine upgrade to it, which took all of 10 minutes to complete.

I'm not fussed on the stock being hollow, and I'm thinking of filling it with something to deaden the hollow sound. Any idea's as to what I can use?

Cement ;)

hello steve, that builders foam in a spray can then can cut off surplus can be used but i did my 455 with shredded paper ( am a tight **** :lol: ) and pushed in with a bit of dowel then screwed back stock cap. cheers

hello steve, that builders foam in a spray can then can cut off surplus can be used but i did my 455 with shredded paper ( am a tight **** :lol: ) and pushed in with a bit of dowel then screwed back stock cap. cheers

I'm sure I have some thick foam filling (from a Duvet) up the attic somewhere. I've used it before to make cushions to rest the rifle on.