Half gun for syndicate shoot in Aberdeenshire

Hello everyone.

Due to a member moving to Singapore we have a space for a half gun on our small DIY shoot available.

The shoot is located near Crathes which is a few miles from Banchory.

This year we are releasing 1300 pheasants and 450 red leg partridge spread over our 1500 acres of ground. We have 10 formal days plus 2 boundary days and 2 woodcock/snipe shoots which are great fun.

As a half gun you would get to shoot on 5 formal shoots and both boundary and woodcock days.

Bags can be 50-60 during the first half of the season however this can reduce to 20-30 by the end of the season.

We have 2 teams of 9 guns on each shoot and we operate a walk one stand one format.

The price is £440 which includes SACS membership. Work parties take place every couple of weeks from April until August and although there is no minimum attendance it's important that members help to get the shoot ready for the coming season.

All members are welcome to shoot rabbits, pigeons, crows etc at any time throughout the year and having just shot a bag of 82 crows this week I can vouch for some cracking sport when the game season ends.

We have a lovely old bothy which is fully kitted out and has provided many good social evenings!

Some of the members also pay a wee bit extra every year for clay shooting on our ground. We bought our first automatic trap this year and have a couple of manual traps currently but are looking at buying an automatic trap each season.

IF you are interested send me a PM me and I can give you my phone number and let you see the ground.

Thanks

Nick

Edited by Nmb

Is the shoots held weekdays or weekends?

Thanks

Hi,

Shoots are all held on Saturdays.

Half guns are all paired with another member so they can decide which shoot days they can attend.

Cheers

Nick

• 1 year later...