Franchi Falconet - who has one?

DanWalker

I'm on the look out for a lightweight o/u game gun to replace/augment my sxs and I've spotted these. Look nice and secondhand prices are very tempting. However, I haven't been able to handle one. Is there anyone who has one, or had one, who can give me some feedback? Anything to watch out for, or any other relatively low cost lightweights I should consider?

Thanks in advance

Had one since I was about 12, with no problems to report in the last 25 years, although i don't use it for everything and recently not at all as I've treat myself to an CG eclipse evo game, that feels of a similar weight. The franchi will never be sold as I'm hoping my daughters will grow into it, I've had a guy locally thats wanted it for walked up days for years and always received the same answer. I am not sure of any other similar weight guns in that price range although there are a few falconets available on gun trader at the moment.

I'm on the look out for a lightweight o/u game gun to replace/augment my sxs and I've spotted these. Look nice and secondhand prices are very tempting. However, I haven't been able to handle one. Is there anyone who has one, or had one, who can give me some feedback? Anything to watch out for, or any other relatively low cost lightweights I should consider?

Thanks in advance

hello, can you put a link up to ones looked at?

Found one for a mates daughter. Plain black action, 27" barrels. In excellent condition.

The wood at sometime had been stripped, may have had a factory lacquer finish, but a lot of oil rubbed in and it came up a treat.

They are very light in weight, the action is alloy but is well made and finished.

Advised her to get some 21g loads.

Very easy to strip and clean, I was advised to check the firing pins as early models broke.

Ejects very well, barrels well made with 1/4 & 3/4 choke.

It feels sloppy when open but locks up tight and solid, was told it's due to the narrow hinge???

Hope this helps. C