Itching to get started

TIG

Having transplanted myself from a semi in Surrey to 6 acres with a wood in Lincolnshire, I hit on the idea of eating my way through the local pigeon population. To be honest, the only gun I've ever fired was an AK47 when traveling in Viet Nam, and when it comes to all things shooting I'm a bit clueless. Well, let's make that a lot clueless.

Before even moving and finding out how agile the wild woodie is, I went out and acquired an air rifle. Much as the TX200 makes me smile, it does demand that pigeons settle for a while and have a kip if I've got any chance of nabbing them. So far I've had one, which means a single snack cost me around £600.

I've now realised that I need to push the cost of those snacks higher, so am signing up for a few lessons at a local shooting school. Hopefully that'll teach me a few things. Well, I did say hopefully...

Hi and welcome.

You are going the right way with lessons. If you can find a nice tree where the woodies always like to sit set yourself up below with some good camo and keep still and move very slowly to take the shot. Its a great way of passing a few hours. Its unlikely you will get a big bag but you might get a few.

Good luck.

well....you have certainly started the right way...(by not pretending to everyone that you are a gun expert)...so well done for coming clean.....that is the best place to start and as a result you will get all the help you need from from this forum

so however stupid it sounds just ask away...........we all started from this point...and we only learnt thro not being frightened by asking questions

WELCOME ... :good::good::yahoo:

PS....always take pics....if you are not sure what crop it is then take a pic and ask... :good:

Edited by ditchman

• 2 weeks later...