Sub 12ft lb .25 cal

figgy

8 hours ago, old man said:

Just a thought.

Why introduce another element into accuracy, a loopy .25 trajectory, why?

A correctly placed missile from a flat shooting gun is easier, quicker and more effective to my way of thinking as shock power not needed in precision placement?

Keep it simple?

Need to shoot at 60 yds with sub 12, think again maybe?

Ask them on their Facebook page or through their YouTube channel. 

4 minutes ago, figgy said:

4 minutes ago, figgy said:

No thanks, each to his own.

Aim and shoot wins the day for me.

Interesting thread. jsb beast .22 weigh in at 34 grains, or monster .22 are 25 grains. This is .25 territory. you could try these in your favourite .22 and see how you get on. The extra 2 hundredths of an inch in pellet diameter a .25 has over a .22 is debatable. You wouldn't need to buy a new gun to see if its for you.

3 hours ago, stu64 said:

Interesting thread. jsb beast .22 weigh in at 34 grains, or monster .22 are 25 grains. This is .25 territory. you could try these in your favourite .22 and see how you get on. The extra 2 hundredths of an inch in pellet diameter a .25 has over a .22 is debatable. You wouldn't need to buy a new gun to see if its for you.

There really is only one usefull .25 cal  pellet for sub 12 guns .

That is the h+n field target trophy .at 20 grns 

It allows a fast ish speed (for a .25 ) and the low bc coupled with the 6.35 mm head makes for excellent energy transfer and reduced penetration .

Which is great on pigeons and ferels. 

If i wanted an ideal ferel basher id probably have a light weight gun shooting ftts around 700 fps .or 22 fpe .

Edited by Ultrastu

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 11:22, Dekers said:

This topic has a 3 year gap from June 2016 to now, where do people find these old threads?

Sign out and do a google search for say .25 air rifles, its quite interesting what comes up on some of the old threads, we've not all been on here for years 👍 

59 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Sign out and do a google search for say .25 air rifles, its quite interesting what comes up on some of the old threads, we've not all been on here for years 👍 

I agree, but the continuation of this thread after some 3 years with the comments made hardly seems relevant.  Start another thread if you want, what was the point of kicking this thread off again!

:good:

hello, i think all pellet sizes have there use in different situations, 177/.20.22.25, i find there are not many types of .20 air rifles spring and PCP having looked over these last few day,  the vast majority being 177 and 22, i can see a sub 12 .25 being a good ratter at close range, this depends on the type of pellet to use for a clean kill, i have always used a .22 for rats, i am now looking at a 177 and heavy pellet for rats and rabbits with more of the latter.  

Oldypigeonplopper try .177 wadcutters for rats. They work a treat if your gun shoots them ok. My gun is ok out to around 20 yards for body shots then goes off with them.

Rabbits I use Jsb exacts, I have the normal and the heavy weight ones. Prefer the normal jsb for flatter trajectory.

H&N do a good range of shock deliveringp pelllets and saw jsb do some ultra shock heavies that look good 10.3 grain weight.

Edited by figgy

9 hours ago, figgy said:

Oldypigeonplopper try .177 wadcutters for rats. They work a treat if your gun shoots them ok. My gun is ok out to around 20 yards for body shots then goes off with them.

Rabbits I use Jsb exacts, I have the normal and the heavy weight ones. Prefer the normal jsb for flatter trajectory.

H&N do a good range of shock deliveringp pelllets and saw jsb do some ultra shock heavies that look good 10.3 grain weight.

hello, thanks i will look into those when i order a 177, have been recommended JSB heavy as well, i did try some wadders years ago but think they are much improved now,

Id definatly second the .177 wad cutter for rats .

In my opinion. With ranges up to say 20 yds. 

The faster and lighter /more fragile the better .

So a cheap rws hobby or gekko flat head at 7 grns or lighter will travel around 850 fps and splat when it hits .if you fire them out of a springer instead of a pcp .they should go faster ,and possibly retain more energy on target too .