Tikka T3 10 shot mag

activeviii

Today a 10 shot mag dropped on the door mat to fit the .223 Tikka T3.

UK manufactured. Machine from aluminium so none of this wearing out of the lips. It's solid, strippable and the workmanship in it is outstandling.

IMG_20160517_103134_zpst1ynt0pc.jpg

Massive thumbs upto black rifles in the making of these. Cant wait for the 308 version so I can run one on the new T3 6.5 creedmoor.

Very very impressed with it. Oh, and I can drop feed single rounds as well. Not like my other 3 Tikka plastic mags

Well done black rifles.

They do the cerakote Melk but no, this ones the hard anodised version.

Every one that's knocked the door the last couple of days I have thrust it in their hands for a feel.

If any of our group wish to have a play then more than welcome. Range at end or month for anyone that wants to try as well.

I'm so impressed with it I can't stop talking about it. The way I see it is. A t3 plastic mag is £50+ I have binned 3 so far just to wear on the lips. This one, its not going to wear out so in the long run its a saving, and it looks great as well.

Makes Tikkas own mags seem cheap.

£125 for a 10 shot magazine.

If you want/need one then fine, I have thought about Tikkas own larger mags before but still run the originals, and other than on the range never had any issues with them!

Cheers :good:

Had My T3 for 10 years now and still have the original tupperware mag. As it is I can't justify £50+ for an injection moulded plastic box.............but £125 for a magazine..............

I saw a 3 legged stool at a fishing show a couple of years ago and the price was £3. The same stool at the shooting show was £10

A Rhino birdwatching scope £75. The same Rhino scope at a gunshop for use as a spotting scope £120.

Does anyone get the feeling that shooters are looked upon as a load of eejits looking to be fleeced :hmm:

G

Had My T3 for 10 years now and still have the original tupperware mag. As it is I can't justify £50+ for an injection moulded plastic box.............but £125 for a magazine..............

I saw a 3 legged stool at a fishing show a couple of years ago and the price was £3. The same stool at the shooting show was £10

A Rhino birdwatching scope £75. The same Rhino scope at a gunshop for use as a spotting scope £120.

Does anyone get the feeling that shooters are looked upon as a load of eejits looking to be fleeced :hmm:

G

It's called "Decoying" :lol:

To be fair, the magazine does look very well made and has a limited market so unit costs are higher.

G

You want quality, you pay for it. You want Tupperware, you pay for it.

Mass produced plastic magazine, that does wear out and the 223 wears quicker than most. As said, 3x 7 shot mags worn so far.

This one it solid. Aluminium and will last for ever. Plus it's a 10 shot that alot of people are asking for. Heck of a lot cheaper that replacing the stock to get an AICS mag to fit.

As well said, it's a smaller audience, also UK designed and manufactured, in small numbers.

We live to our means, if that means you need to look out for the lower priced items to enjoy what ever sport it is your into then so be it.

Buy once, cry once. This Black Rifle magazine is the dogs danglies and to me, a very good buy.

I don't really know why I'm justifying my spending to you anyways lol.

Are you using very long sharp/pointy bullets and set out to minimise jump - so you have extra long cartridges that don't like standard magazines ?

The extraction rim on the small cases seam to rub the top lip of the mag away Melk. Gets to a point where the front of the case sits up in the magazine and the bolt lug will not pick it up,im finding its about the 3round down where the spring pressure must be different and flips the front up. Plus, with the longer chamber lengths in the 1:8 twist you can not get anywhere near the chamber lenght with the stock magazine, this one measures 65.17mm so now the heavier 223 bullets can be loaded out to the lands without compromise.

I'm very happy with the magazine, one of my better buys, i can't wait till black rifle start manufacturing the 308 mags so I can get the 6.5 creedmoor running how I want.

Happy days.

Mass produced plastic magazine, that does wear out and the 223 wears quicker than most. As said, 3x 7 shot mags worn so far.

This one it solid. Aluminium and will last for ever. Plus it's a 10 shot that alot of people are asking for. Heck of a lot cheaper that replacing the stock to get an AICS mag to fit.

As well said, it's a smaller audience, also UK designed and manufactured, in small numbers.

We live to our means, if that means you need to look out for the lower priced items to enjoy what ever sport it is your into then so be it.

Buy once, cry once. This Black Rifle magazine is the dogs danglies and to me, a very good buy.

I'm not sure who is asking you to justify your spending, I certainly wasn't in my #11, simply making the point it is expensive.

It sounds like you may find this useful and cost effective, so great for you.

At the moment I have no issues with the standard mags on my .223 or .243 Tikkas. Additionally I don't like magazines that stick out a lot as I commonly find these dig into my back whilst walking with the gun shouldered on the sling.

Do you have a pic you could post showing one fitted to your Tikka please?

Cheers

Edited by Dekers

Not arguing about the quality as it does look very nice, and you are entitled to spend your hard earned cash anywhere you wish :good:

But as a frail old pensioner with very little money to burn........................... :lol:

I did buy one of those Howa magazine conversion kits for my 1500. Fitted it and then took it off.................bloody awful thing :no:

G

IMG_20160521_102622_zpsonsainh0.jpg

the left is the plastic tikka mag. still just about works but its hit and miss. as the photo shows, the head of the cartridge is just on the edge.

Tikka Mag

IMG_20160521_103009_zpsdqhyez33.jpg

Black Mag

IMG_20160521_102911_zpsxehk9fvp.jpg

40grain V-Max loading into both.

loaded maximum length of bullet.

IMG_20160521_114308_zpswqkyr6ax.jpg

for them that asked

Tikka Mag

IMG_20160521_111432_zpslf8kphcq.jpg

Black Mag

IMG_20160521_111331_zpsm56akzvj.jpg

I have nothing wat so ever against the tikka magazines, they are fit for purpose and all that. brilliant for the stalker and occasional stalker, even good for the range. however, they are plastic, they do wear and £54 for a replacement wears the wallet a bit thin after a while. my 6.5swede is still running strong and i doubt even will need replacing but the 223 i shoot a good number of rounds.

i hade a good look around for metal mags, either 3 round or 10 and there are some cheaper, but they are stateside so att the postage and vat then your not cheap. riflemags never have stock of the 10 shot and they are harder on the wallet. plus, in my mind. they really look pants.lol. My black Rifle mag looks the part. love it and its mine. so there....:)