Turbo flapper

jangles

Apologies if this question has been asked previously.

Relative novice when it comes to pigeon shooting, have done it off and on throughout the years with limited success so decided to purchase a turbo flapper. Can anyone advise as to where the best placement for the flapper within my pattern. My usual pattern is horseshoe type, facing into the wind where possible.

Thanks in advance

I have seen that A1 Decoys sell a useful gizmo to adjust the flapping times and duration, so you get more control than with a random timer.

I have finally discovered (I think) that a short flap period - 2 or 3 wing beats works best and is less likely to spook the birds coming in.

I have seen that A1 Decoys sell a useful gizmo to adjust the flapping times and duration, so you get more control than with a random timer.

Just had a look at my two - black, matchbox sized with 2 small dial/knobs but with no ID. Checked all 3 places where I usually shop but couldn't find them until I went to one place where I don't shop which I'm not allowed to mention and found them. I was referred to A1 Decoys but their site now only shows the remote control version which i think is unnecessary for this purpose. These (mine) give random at the one end of the dials but away from that position, both the flap duration and the interval between are infinitely adjustable. Now finding that with the shorter flap time I can put them in among the other decoys but a tad away from the kill zone.

Edited by wymberley

The one I found was on their ebay shop.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Manual-Timer-Pigeon-Crow-Flapper-Pecker-Decoy-Micro-Adjustable-Random-Turbo-/350884658183?hash=item51b25afc07:g:AFUAAMXQUmFSd4OL

Just had a look at my two - black, matchbox sized with 2 small dial/knobs but with no ID. Checked all 3 places where I usually shop but couldn't find them until I went to one place where I don't shop which I'm not allowed to mention and found them. I was referred to A1 Decoys but their site now only shows the remote control version which i think is unnecessary for this purpose. These (mine) give random at the one end of the dials but away from that position, both the flap duration and the interval between are infinitely adjustable. Now finding that with the shorter flap time I can put them in among the other decoys but a tad away from the kill zone.

Edited by Penelope