Remington Express

bruno22rf

2 hours ago, TR1 said:

I appreciate this is an old topic but I have just picked up a Remington Express XP.

I have a few question which I hope some of you may be able to help with.

1   With the standard 3-9 x 32 scope the target is a little blurred at about 15metres. Is there any adjustment to improve this.

2   The sound moderator appears a little in the scope , is this normal.

3   The scope has no manufacturers logo/name , any idea who makes it.

4.   The scope has a reticule focus adjustment which does not seem to do anything , reticule is sharp image no matter how the adjustment is set.

thanks in advance 

Hello, just bin the scope and get the cheap version of the Hawke range, might have mounts to, a 3x9x40 mil dot/ half mil dot, high mounts should get over the silencer, the express shoots better with a tuning kit fitted, try Tinbum tune kit

On 16/05/2021 at 06:40, TR1 said:

Thanks for that , the rifle is still under warranty so I am reluctant to change things at the moment.

I am sure in time your suggestions will get done.

Hello, what is the scope that goes with the rifle, ? If the shop is not to far I would get them to change scope or up grade, most people never worry about warranty for cheap air rifles

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

On 16/05/2021 at 06:40, TR1 said:

Thanks for that , the rifle is still under warranty so I am reluctant to change things at the moment.

I am sure in time your suggestions will get done.

Changing the scope has no effect on warranty, the supplied is a budget scope with the parallax set to much longer distances and if you are using 9 x zoom at 15 then you are probably asking too much.

• 2 weeks later...

With the scope on x9, I'd look to get a clear image at about 25yds. This can be achieved by re-parallaxing the front optic lense. You will need to loosen the front bell cover of the scope then you will see inside it is the lense carrier. This is a tubular threaded component and normally has two small slots in the front. Wind the carrier out in quarter turns then look through the scope and look for clarity on target at 25yds. Once achieved, tighten the front bell cover. For ranges below 25yds, reduce the magnification and it should become clear. The scope is probably a generic Chinese unbranded scope that seem to be supplied for package deals. Once the scope is set, you should then be able to fine tune with the rear adjustment. If you try to correct out of focus with just the rear adjustment, you will put the reticle out of focus, so it's important that that you use the rear adjustment first to get the reticle clear before you play with the front bell housing cover. By the way, on lower magnification, it's not unusual to see the front of the barrel.