New Aldi 5 blade Razor

bruno22rf

Saw these in our local Aldi last week and, as I usually use their 3 blade offering, I thought that at £3.75 for the razor and 2 blades and the same price for 4 replacement blades it was worth a punt - gotta be hones - cannot fault them on any count, deffo one of the closest shaves ever and 1 blade is still very sharp after 4 uses so quality must be up there......BTW - no I don't work for them :good:

Get a razor pit to clean the blade, they can last for quite a while afterwards, best £15 I spent 4 years ago.

Cheers

Aled

Second that for Razor pit!!

I shave 3-4 times a week and use about 5 blades a year

Edited by Cosd

Get a razor pit to clean the blade, they can last for quite a while afterwards, best £15 I spent 4 years ago.

Cheers

Aled

Could you provide a link to The Razor Pit please?

I've searched for it and found a number at quite different prices and am not sure as to the preferred model!

Cheers

Saw these in our local Aldi last week and, as I usually use their 3 blade offering, I thought that at £3.75 for the razor and 2 blades and the same price for 4 replacement blades it was worth a punt - gotta be hones - cannot fault them on any count, deffo one of the closest shaves ever and 1 blade is still very sharp after 4 uses so quality must be up there......BTW - no I don't work for them :good:

Talking about razors from Aldi the rotary three headed electric one I bought from them has been brilliant. Better than my expensive one from Phillips.

• 3 years later...
On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 21:52, Lampwick said:

Could you provide a link to The Razor Pit please?

I've searched for it and found a number at quite different prices and am not sure as to the preferred model!

Cheers

Amazon now sell razor pits.

Cheers

Aled

On 23/05/2016 at 21:43, Harnser said:

Are they any good in the lady garden ?

Harnser

My EX wife needs a brushcutter there.

On 23/05/2016 at 14:38, Aled said:

Cheers

Aled

I use a Razor Pit. I thought it was a gimmick at first. but was pleasantly surprised at how it works. I also put the blade/handle in my sonic cleaner.

Yep, bought mine three years ago and it's still going strong.

I was sceptical but now converted. I started a new blade up on January 1st and it's still (rather boringly) going strong. Every time I think it's had it I manage to bring it back to life with the Razor Pit!!! I have probably missed a dozen shaves in that time.

On 30/05/2016 at 08:53, cookoff013 said:

Cooky your having  a larf arn't you  !  I used one of them for 45yrs and it cost me more for the bog roll to stick on my clock to staunch the blood in the mornings ,used to go to work looking like the Mummy has Woken !  thank gawd for the triple blade . lol

• 1 month later...

Don't waste your money. The brand new Aldi razor didn't feel as sharp as the month-old blade on my Gillette fusion. The Gillette also has the handy trimmer blade on the reverse. Yes, there's a big difference in price but at one blade a month it's only costing me an extra £20 a year to have a razor that does a proper job.

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Lampwick said:

Well it’s been a year for the one blade! Put it on a year ago to the day and had a shave with it today. It’s looking a bit sad and does need a regular “razor pitting” but it keeps on going. I only changed the last one because I broke it. 

0DF5181E-67EE-4233-9AF8-4FC07A51164D.jpeg

so how do these razor pits work then and how much do they cost  please ? 

5 hours ago, derbyduck said:

so how do these razor pits work then and how much do they cost  please ? 

I paid £20 on Amazon. There do appear to be knock off ones on there now.

Use wise, I put some foam, shampoo, shower gel on the surface wet it a bit and slid the blade up it (not up and down) the reverse direction to the shave. Wash it clean and shave away. 
You will need to clean in between the blades (I use a water glosser now but did use a needle) 

I must say the blade is getting harder to get sharp now and I will be changing it pretty soon.  I know it’s no a life changer but I’m really surprised with it. And no I don’t have shares in it!! :) 

5 hours ago, Lampwick said:

I paid £20 on Amazon. There do appear to be knock off ones on there now.

Use wise, I put some foam, shampoo, shower gel on the surface wet it a bit and slid the blade up it (not up and down) the reverse direction to the shave. Wash it clean and shave away. 
You will need to clean in between the blades (I use a water glosser now but did use a needle) 

I must say the blade is getting harder to get sharp now and I will be changing it pretty soon.  I know it’s no a life changer but I’m really surprised with it. And no I don’t have shares in it!! :) 

thanks