What dog ?

foxnet22

Whilst out setting up my scopes last night I got to thinking about maybe having another dog .I've always had terriers and just recently had my old bitch put to sleep due to health problems and decided that's it with dogs.but it's in the blood so never say never.ive had my days with terriers though and was wondering what type of dog would be suitable for working the bush to the shotgun a dog to retrieve that unfindable Pigeon and a dog that could retrieve that shot rabbit.a medium size dog maybe a springer maybe ?what advise could you lads give what would you recommend I don't do much hide shooting mosty rough shooting and rifle and lamp shooting.

I've always had Flatcoats and they've done everything you are looking for, but they have had problems with cancer in recent years. Mine, though, have all lived long lives, up to 16 years. I thought about a GLP next, better colour for hiding on the foreshore, unless you can find a liver Flatcoat.

I've always had Flatcoats and they've done everything you are looking for, but they have had problems with cancer in recent years. Mine, though, have all lived long lives, up to 16 years. I thought about a GLP next, better colour for hiding on the foreshore, unless you can find a liver Flatcoat.

I can point you at a breeder of livers if you ever need one. I think you have been lucky life expectancy wise as most seem to pass on pretty early from the ones I have known

I can point you at a breeder of livers if you ever need one. I think you have been lucky life expectancy wise as most seem to pass on pretty early from the ones I have known

I've been told that there are some liver kennels that don't have such cancer problems, but I don't think I'll have another dog, it might outlive me. I've no-one to leave a dog with now if I have to go anywhere, flatcoats are noisy if left alone and GLPs could be even worse, so I've read.

Get yourself a springer!! Mine is now 4 years old. Picks up 50 days a year and beats on another 10-15 days. Retreives anything and everythig from partridge to pheasants and the odd rabbit. Great temperement and quiet if left alone for the day.

But i too am rather biased. Had springers now for some 40 years+. Never needed anything else, never wanted another breed....... I just love em!!!