Difference in calibers

Just got my FAC back yippee got wot I asked for , but I got thinking is there much difference in .222 and the 22-250

I've got .222 on my licence to acquire but before I do is it worth me sending it back for the other or am I better just biting the bullet and buying a .222

Edited by bullet1747

Just got my FAC back yippee got wot I asked for , but I got thinking is there much difference in .222 and the 22-250

I've got .222 on my licence to acquire but before I do is it worth me sending it back for the other or am I better just biting the bullet and buying a .222

A lot of noise difference 😂😂😂

What you make are you thinking of getting ?

And hope you put in for a moderator 😊

All the best

Of

.222 is perfect for what i do as i don't shoot beyond 250 yards it's very easy to load, easy to moderate and sweet to shoot, all them i found more important than pushing my shot's further than where i feel comfortable shooting, if i was a longer range shooter it would of been 22-250

colin

All similar twist shoot the same bullets therfore no difference in wind ( it's hard to outrun wind) trajectory wise the 22 - 250 will start to show itself after 250 ish but before that it's all pretty meaningless

The triple has a longer barrel life and as it uses less powder is easier to moderate

If your not into handloads and downloading the triple is a busting great choice and can still be downloaded anyhow - it just can't be given 22- 250 legs

Question should be posed how much shooting do you do past 300?

Just in case someone missed your question

222 was my first FAC rifle and boy did i shoot some fox with it i swaped it for a 22/250 because i fell into the bigger is better then i realised i was shooting thesame ground that my 222 was killing all my fox on its still a 22 bullet head with a bit more powder behind it and a lot more £ coins as well

All similar twist shoot the same bullets therfore no difference in wind ( it's hard to outrun wind) trajectory wise the 22 - 250 will start to show itself after 250 ish but before that it's all pretty meaningless

Speed?

Triangle of velocities?