"Today i am mainly doing.....

ditchman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fueltank and carb on........and started it up... :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: ....need to alter the slow running screw but will do that when i have the stem and the / gearbox../ and prop on....

will finish tomorrow.......enjoy the pics.. :good::good:

post-11401-0-65691300-1465309835_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-06248400-1465309852_thumb.jpg

We could be setting sail by the weekend at this rate. Well done that man.

hope so ................got a migrant run to do @£5000/head....and i serve up cheese and picalilly sarnies halfway over............last time i served that up they all jumped overboard...cant understand why tho'

hope so ................got a migrant run to do @£5000/head....and i serve up cheese and picalilly sarnies halfway over............last time i served that up they all jumped overboard...cant understand why tho'

Question is DD, to which country should be escape to? France should be ours really so that would be my first port of call...... It's way to good for the French. :lol:

Jobs to check.......

1. start it....................runs nice and smooth ...had to adjust slide screw
  2. water pump..............nice steady flow
  3. geabox...out............yes
  4. gearbox...in.............yes ..drive good....

all covers back on...and a quick clean down

jobs a gooden

THE END

post-11401-0-12500600-1465387708_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-77607900-1465387720_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-99283600-1465387743_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-05752100-1465388006_thumb.jpg

DD, do you have a boat or was this for a friend?

just doing it for a friend.....he is a carpenter...and i want some hardwood slats for some cast iron outdoor funiture...........

(did have a 16ft plastic canoe 3 seater....got fed up with the rowing or paddling bit...put a 15HP motor on it and was constantly chased by the broads authority who had nothing else better to do....never caught me...cause i could "slam it into the reeds and they would wizz by......used to wet myself laughing...got board with that so sold it)

(did have a 16ft plastic canoe 3 seater....got fed up with the rowing or paddling bit...put a 15HP motor on it and was constantly chased by the broads authority who had nothing else better to do....never caught me...cause i could "slam it into the reeds and they would wizz by......used to wet myself laughing...got board with that so sold it)

Read the above and then pictured this below.... but with the outboard on the outside of the drum, you standing in the drum and blatting down the River Yare with the Rozzers in hot pursuit :lol::lol::lol:

post-11401-0-12986000-1465387582.jpg

the "rozzers" park their boat at Ardley dyke....they chased me a couple of times but their boat only does 8-10 knots...so i used to "tease" them then open up the 15hp and loose them on the bends tween cantley and reedham ferry............

......wouldnt use the drum as a boat ...would have a go in a bathtub............... :good::lol:

Another impressive job.

How do you know what needs to be done and what goes where? It's all baffling to me!

how do you think i feel.... :lol::lol: ..im sure there were some bits left over...so i kicked them under the table and didnt look at them ...and everything was fine ...

Malk.................................WHAT THE HECK IS THAT

It was what you could call the prototype Range Rover,. One of Land Rover's attempts at making a comfortable Land Rover.

Ditchy if you move on to big outboards you may want to bear this in mind. I had a Johnson V4 90hp and as usual was tinkering with it. It had a big prop on as the boat was as light as a feather and being young speed was of the essence :whistling: I put it in a dustbin of water, as you did, and started it up, no problem there. However, I was looking over the bin checking for water flow from the pump and blipped the throttle ............ in gear :good: I swear to god that engine emptied the dustbin FULL of water in a micro second, vertically :hmm: What goes up must come down, and it doesn't care who's below :lol: Couldn't have got any wetter water skiing fully clothed :lol::lol::lol: