bsa ultra grouping sorted

colin lad

well after getting a bit concerned my ultra was a bad buy 12 types of pellet later i have finally found a pellet it like's, air arm's hunter 16gr was getting 5p coin groups at 30 yards, h&n match heavy were good too but at 21.14gr will keep them for close range rats at under 20 yards, some i tried were giving 2" groups and some were grouping 7 out of 10 in a tight group with 2-3 fliers, sorted now so can start to enjoy my gun,

colin

Awesome until the probe snaps, or the probe release snaps, or when the groingggle groingggle of the MMC cocking spooks the rabbits on a calm day. Sorry but the MMC ultra was an abomination to shooting. The SE is much much better!

mine is a .22 ultra se

colin

Have you tried the Field, they have the edge over the Hunter for me in 5.51 size, never found the Hunter that great.

Not sure what size the Hunter is available in these days, not tried them for years!

yes i did as they worked well in my air arms so tried AA field, jsb exact, rws dome, and a few other well known make 1st but they didn't group Zetter off here sent me 8 or 9 different pellet types to try and the AA hunters were best of them so will stick with them for ferral pigeons and use the heavy's for close rat work i barns as that all i got the air rifle for really

colin

yes i did as they worked well in my air arms so tried AA field, jsb exact, rws dome, and a few other well known make 1st but they didn't group Zetter off here sent me 8 or 9 different pellet types to try and the AA hunters were best of them so will stick with them for ferral pigeons and use the heavy's for close rat work i barns as that all i got the air rifle for really

colin

Does seem to be rather fussy, and it surprises me the Hunters are best, but glad you have found something that does work! :good:

like yourself Dekers i have had quite a few guns over my 45 years shooting and this is certainly the most fussy gun i have owned including my rim fires and air rifles it was new only a couple of months ago and not had the equivalent of a full tin of pellets through it yet will try some other brands again in a while once it has properly settled down

colin

• 4 weeks later...

I've just for a bsa ultra se multishot and the air arm pellets in my gun are absolutely shocking. At first I thought I was going blind or there was a proplem with the gun. I then put jsb exact jumbo 15,89 .22 pellets in and I put 10 shots through a 5 pence whole at 30 yards.

I see people.discussing BSA air rifles and recommended pellets a fair bit.

There is no such thing they are the most pellet fussy gun I've ever owned. They all like different pellets no 2 guns are the same

I can confirm that Colins ultra is now bang on lol.