for the welsh lads

Unfortunately the answer is "how long is a piece of string" three weeks ago i could of had a variation done in a week in avs but sent mine in two weeks ago and its sat awaiting a signature now. Back log came in and put waiting time up.. Its Just how it goes...

Seem to be the norm with bridgend rediculous waiting times has been over a month now time for another polite phone call again!

Well....called the department yesterday Only to be told that my variation form has been returned to myself due to the home office RE-wording the forms as of JUNE the 1st ??? So could Not process it? And i now need to complete a new form And return it to them asap waiting time is 11 weeks min?? Unberlievable!! Anyone else been told This?

Well....called the department yesterday Only to be told that my variation form has been returned to myself due to the home office RE-wording the forms as of JUNE the 1st ??? So could Not process it? And i now need to complete a new form And return it to them asap waiting time is 11 weeks min?? Unberlievable!! Anyone else been told This?

Got told this when I rang to check something, luckily it was last week in may so I held out for the new form, but i have fallen foul of that before...

Any idea on the 're wording'?

Any idea on the 're wording'?

Have looked through the New form steve and the only thing that i could find is section on giving them full consent to access your doctors file as they will now contact your gp to ask if you have suffered form any type of illness that can affect your firearms cert

June 1st i was told ?? What area you under?

South Wales the same as you. You were given the wrong date as it was definitely 1st April. The reason for the GP consent on the new variation form is for your medical records to have a 'flag' on them so that your GP knows your a certificate holder and can report any relevant changes in your medical circumstances straight to the police.

Edited by r1steele

South Wales the same as you. You were given the wrong date as it was definitely 1st April. The reason for the GP consent on the new variation form is for your medical records to have a 'flag' on them so that your GP knows your a certificate holder and can report any relevant changes in your medical circumstances straight to the police.

Thanks 👍

Thanks

The reason I found out is the same as you, I posted my variation on the 19th may and had it back on the 21st with the new variation form enclosed. I had my paperwork all written out in mid March but was caught up in other things so didn't get it sent off until May which is how I made the mistake.

Submitted paperwork for FAC & SGC on Jan 6th got them both back May 4th

Apparently they only work part time like 2 to 4:30 no wonder it's slow.

They only answer the phone (if you can actually get through to them) between 2pm - 4pm, but are in their office most of the day. They have cut down on staffing levels though.

I sent my SGC renewal and FAC application in in February, phoned them last week and they said their waiting on a couple of things to come back and when they do they will be in touch, no idea of a timeline

Last variation on FAC was 8 weeks with South Wales OCT 2014

Submitted my SGC beginning of March this year, cheque cashed middle of March, had my interview last Wednesday....

They seen to be cashing the cheque straight away then Take a min of 12weeks to get it together? As a paying customer you,ed expect a better survice..but This Seems to be the norm all over the country.

I must have got them on a good day. About a month ago i took my variation form to Glasgow firearms department to hand in personally. Lady at the counter said have a seat, 5 minutes later she call me over and handed me my new cert with the required varition. Hats off to Glasgow fireams department, no messing about done and dusted in 5 minuets

I must have got them on a good day. About a month ago i took my variation form to Glasgow firearms department to hand in personally. Lady at the counter said have a seat, 5 minutes later she call me over and handed me my new cert with the required varition. Hats off to Glasgow fireams department, no messing about done and dusted in 5 minuets

Result..Maybe a trip down to the department will hurry things Along. I Spoke to them today and explaind the situation and was told they will do they,re utmost best to get it done by 25th June.. i wait and see..?

Edited by welshgun