For those about to rock...

lord_seagrave

Just crawled in after AXL/DC at Stratford.

It was pretty solid stuff, and although I was anxious about Axl Rose's ability, we weren't disappointed - he did a really good job. In fact after a couple of costume changes, the return of the bandana, dark glasses and white snakeskin jacket, he looked every inch the rock star (there are, it cannot go unsaid, rather more inches than once there were).

The crowd (certainly the ones around us at the front) were baying for a couple of GnR covers/mashups, but the band played it straight and no-one thought any less of them for doing so.

Angus Young was looking in better health than he was when last I saw them play (Wembley '09?) but the fingerwork wasn't quite all there. The riff in 'Thunderstruck' was particularly haphazard, but his solos were as unrelenting as ever!

This didn't feel like a farewell gig, but who knows what's in store. Manchester might be your last chance.

LS

Edited by lord_seagrave

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, neither will ever compare to Bon Scott I'm afraid, but glad things seemed to have improved since the chronic videos on YouTube I'd seen of them with Axl in the US.

Just to think, some of the tracks with Bon Scott are now 40 years old and still as fresh as ever.

As shoehorn says I went with about 20 people including 2 off here, I first saw them in 82 at the Manchester apollo and have seen them 8 times over the years. I have even seen Dave Evans the singer of AC/DC before Bon Scott at my local pub a couple of years ago.

I was a bit apprehensive but have to say the Manchester gig was awesome. Who knows what the future holds for them but if that's the last time I get to see them it was a brilliant gig to remember them by.

I am glad I went and it was worth every penny so I cannot ask more than that from them.