Might be German?

old'un

Because it is an older version of German.

Xenophon was a Greek historian and the last word of the title is regulations. Doesn't sound like a great read. ;-)

The image size and font makes it impossible for me to interpret the second word of he title.

Edited by Marki

it roughly translate to "if you british dare to leave za EU we will stop selling you our glorious BMW and Mercedes Benz automobiles and will send over our little tank commanded by Lieutenant Grubber ....no wait you are our biggest customers so we had better not do that" :whistling:

it roughly translate to "if you british dare to leave za EU we will stop selling you our glorious BMW and Mercedes Benz automobiles and will send over our little tank commanded by Lieutenant Grubber ....no wait you are our biggest customers so we had better not do that" :whistling:

:lol: :lol: :lol::good: Funny

So if i have this right its a reprint 1801, the text is old German and the books about regulations and its worth £1 million, I wish.

almost 1801, old German, collected writings of the Greek writer Xenophon of Athens (c. 430–354 BC - he was a student of Socrates apparently), est. worth £30 depending on condition (going by another one for sale on ABE)

If you're interested in seeing what is says then the google translate mobile app lets you view it through your smartphone camera and it translates it on the fly on screen, doesn't always get it right and might struggle with the typeface but pretty cool nonetheless.

almost 1801, old German, collected writings of the Greek writer Xenophon of Athens (c. 430–354 BC - he was a student of Socrates apparently), est. worth £30 depending on condition (going by another one for sale on ABE)

I've seen a number on Ebay that have been for sale for some time but fail to interest buyers. The age appears to be irrelevant, author, condition and subject seem to control the market. Anything of consequence will also be available digitally, usually at no cost.

My wife worked in a hotel once that prided itself on being 'quirky'. They would buy up an auction houses entire stock of books as filler on the shelves and then throw them away when they got too dusty. I'd spend hours searching through them for anything country sports related and found many that were late 1700's early 1800's. When we moved I offered them as free to collector but no one wanted them so they ended up in the bin. I really wish I hadn't thrown them. ;-)

I've seen a number on Ebay that have been for sale for some time but fail to interest buyers. The age appears to be irrelevant, author, condition and subject seem to control the market. Anything of consequence will also be available digitally, usually at no cost.

My wife worked in a hotel once that prided itself on being 'quirky'. They would buy up an auction houses entire stock of books as filler on the shelves and then throw them away when they got too dusty. I'd spend hours searching through them for anything country sports related and found many that were late 1700's early 1800's. When we moved I offered them as free to collector but no one wanted them so they ended up in the bin. I really wish I hadn't thrown them. ;-)

Not just old books, my mum works as a helper in a charity shop and 90% of the books they get in end up binned. Nobody buys them anymore

Edited by Vince Green

Not just old books, my mum works as a helper in a charity shop and 90% of the books they get in end up binned. Nobody buys them anymore

I guess it all depends on the subject, I will agree that run of the mill books do to tend to get binned but I have a fair number of books that I have collected on subjects that I have interest in, one such book is 'Firearm Blueing and Browning' (author R H Anger)

Now I have never attempted to blue or brown a gun but I find the subject interesting and paid £25 for the book some 15 years ago.

I have a few friends in the Birmingham gun trade and they have borrowed this book as its full of old recipes for bluing and browning guns.

People do buy old books but it tends to be on subjects they have an interest in or for investment.

Edited by old'un