My brother's new toy

Vegeta

Strictly for target shooting Wook

Funny you mention it though, when my brother got the license it had the same conditions as his shotgun license. The garda dealing with the application forgot to take hunting off the list of permittable activities.

how many pigeons will he normally shoot on a sat?

well there's 18 rounds in the mag and 1 in the chamber, times 500 rounds, factorying in cycle time i'd say about.........none

super **** at pistol shooting, at range the other day and the brother couldn't hit the broad side of an oil tanker, gave him some slaggin :good: , its very different to anything i have tried before and I was worse than he was. Will have to go through a few 1000 rounds before he even thinks about competition

And you thought the IRA had put things like this ‘beyond reach’ :good:

It amazes me that here we can’t even own a water pistol and yet in Ireland (Northern Ireland even) you guys can own whatever! By the by I see that all the street markets over there have a range of headwear of the woollen type with holes going cheap :lol:

To improve quickly load the mags for each other and get hold of some dummy rounds to put in. These rounds simulate a stoppage and will tell you if you are anticipating the recoil (a common problem in pistol shooting) As you get the stoppage and it goes click you may find that you are forcing the SLP down at the barrel to compensate. You should not do this and it will be real obvious if you are anticipating it (The effects can range from lowering of the barrel to the whole body lurching forward)

Hold the site picture still with a firm but not DEATH grip, squeeze firmly on the trigger always concentrating on keeping the site picture still, pull back the trigger with the middle of the front section of finger and let the round squeeze off WITHOUT anticipating.

Concentrate on this as well as other aspects of marksmanship principles such as stance and breathing and you should soon improve.

Hope this is of some assistance, I love pistol shooting and am lucky to do get paid for doing it,

Happy shooting

Steve B

On a more serious note, it is a 34, which is the target model

Yeah, looks like a "target" gun, just like the ones used in the olympics! :good:

Bit ironic when above this post currently on the "view new posts" is about the policeman who was shot last week!

I second everything Steve B said.

The only thing I would add is to make sure you dont bring your head down to get the sight picture. Lift your head up and raise the gun to get a good aim.

This always works for me.

Steve, great getting paid to shoot ain't it.

Harry

I'd always fancied the .40 version of the Ruger P98 for "target" work... If they send me out to Ft. Lauderdal for work again, I'm going for my concealed carry permit and buying one. Only $450 and that's almost nothing if you have a sterling bank account these days!

Interestingly, last time I was out there, I shot a Glock 17 and got on really well with it. Really easy to shoot, but did not like the ammo and _kept_ jamming. Ruger was faultless and the Sig P2340 (the other one I wanted, but way more expensive) was just a dream.

:lol:-->

QUOTE(steve b @ May 10 2007, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To improve quickly load the mags for each other and get hold of some dummy rounds to put in. These rounds simulate a stoppage and will tell you if you are anticipating the recoil (a common problem in pistol shooting) As you get the stoppage and it goes click you may find that you are forcing the SLP down at the barrel to compensate. You should not do this and it will be real obvious if you are anticipating it (The effects can range from lowering of the barrel to the whole body lurching forward)

Hold the site picture still with a firm but not DEATH grip, squeeze firmly on the trigger always concentrating on keeping the site picture still, pull back the trigger with the middle of the front section of finger and let the round squeeze off WITHOUT anticipating.

Concentrate on this as well as other aspects of marksmanship principles such as stance and breathing and you should soon improve.

Hope this is of some assistance, I love pistol shooting and am lucky to do get paid for doing it,

Happy shooting

Steve B

Any jobs going at your place Steve?

The money isn't an issue :good:

LB

:lol:--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steve b @ May 10 2007, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Happy shooting

Steve B

Any jobs going at your place Steve?

The money isn't an issue :lol:

LB

:good: as stated earlier, I am free until the 2/7/7 and hold a very basic security clearance :blink: Just for the hell of it I will work at min wage!

On a more serious note, it is a 34, which is the target model

Yeah, looks like a "target" gun, just like the ones used in the olympics! :good:

Bit ironic when above this post currently on the "view new posts" is about the policeman who was shot last week!

Not every sport involving a pistol is in the olympics. The glock 34 is a practical pistol and conforms to the IPSC standards. I don't know where the negative attitude is coming from :lol:

In Ireland semi auto centerfires are technically legal but there are not many uses you could give for wanting to own one. Pest control has been carried out by bolt actions for years so they would probably turn you down on those grounds. You could possibly get one for practical rifle competition but we done have the facilities for that yet.

Practicla shotgun and pistol will both be up and running next year though

Heya Vegeta how,d your bro go about getting the licence for that was he in a pistol club?? would be very interested in going for one!!

jim

Yup he's a member of the Midlands range in Tullamore. They have a lovely range set up there