well that didn't take long

chrisjpainter

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's ridiculous- only 2 arrests? hopefully they round up the other 100 that were lobbing chairs and attacking folk and charge them too.

Whys it always our fans? I bet the irish (both lots) and the welsh manage to stay out of bother.

It's not always 'our fans'. We've not had a serious problem with England soccer hooligans abroad for a long time.

Marseilles is a violent place with plenty of local hooligans.

A quote the BBC: "Assistant Chief Constable Mark Roberts, the National Police Chiefs' Council lead for football policing, said England supporters had been in Marseilles on Thursday "without issue" before a group of approximately 70 local youths had approached the pub where England fans had congregated."

So that suggests the locals kicked it off.

c`mon Paul 65 - watch the footage online, google England soccer riots etc Its every single tournament without fail that we get a bad name and this unfortunately is going to be no different.... The poor French have seen enough in recent times without what could be a great carnival style tournament being turned into mass brawls. Heaven help us when we play Russia........

It appals me to see them standing there, beer bellies out goading the French riot police, chucking whatever they can get there hands on at them. This isn't the fault of local youths and the BBC have probably given a biased quote......

Its a shame when the majority of our fans are decent blokes just wanting some fun away

I suspect that the mood of the french riot police will not be one of restraint, I saw the CRS break up some sort of demo / rally in Paris once and it was brutal!

These mouth breathing shaved apes deserve everything they get though, absolutely no sympathy from me. I've been to countless rugby matches and never seem this sort of ****, its a minority of idiots spoiling it for all

I suspect that the mood of the french riot police will not be one of restraint, I saw the CRS break up some sort of demo / rally in Paris once and it was brutal!

These mouth breathing shaved apes deserve everything they get though, absolutely no sympathy from me. I've been to countless rugby matches and never seem this sort of ****, its a minority of idiots spoiling it for all

exactly. Everyone knows the French police are on a high state of alert, they're not going to take any risks and won't hold back if they think there's a risk to general security. why chance it? why give them an opportunity?

c`mon Paul 65 - watch the footage online, google England soccer riots etc Its every single tournament without fail that we get a bad name and this unfortunately is going to be no different.... The poor French have seen enough in recent times without what could be a great carnival style tournament being turned into mass brawls. Heaven help us when we play Russia........

It appals me to see them standing there, beer bellies out goading the French riot police, chucking whatever they can get there hands on at them. This isn't the fault of local youths and the BBC have probably given a biased quote......

Its a shame when the majority of our fans are decent blokes just wanting some fun away

No it's not every tournament anymore. Those days are hopefully long gone. The bad name we get is in our own country because our press can't wait to report any incident as if it was an England instigated riot. You have no idea what happened and are making a judgement based on short videos and, judging by your prompt posts on the issue, are keen for it to be down to English troublemakers.

But it doesn't surprise me to see the instant reaction here to any trouble. Football is far from popular on Pigeonwatch. Not only do we have multiple threads we have an 'England Football Violence' tag.

I worked in London during the 80s and saw serious violence from various nationalities leading up to international matches, particularly the Dutch. I never read a word about any of it in our press but any incident involving English supporters becomes big news no matter how trivial.

Edited by paul65

No it's not every tournament anymore. Those days are hopefully long gone. The bad name we get is in our own country because our press can't wait to report any incident as if it was an England instigated riot. You have no idea what happened and are making a judgement based on short videos and, judging by your prompt posts on the issue, are keen for it to be down to English troublemakers.

But it doesn't surprise me to see the instant reaction here to any trouble. Football is far from popular on Pigeonwatch. Not only do we have multiple threads we have an 'England Football Violence' tag.

I worked in London during the 80s and saw serious violence from various nationalities leading up to international matches, particularly the Dutch. I never read a word about any of it in our press but any incident involving English supporters becomes big news no matter how trivial.

They're not exatcly making it hard for us to bring it up though are they? incident number 2...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36504410

Must admit i almost feel sorry for the many decent england fans.

I've been lucky enough to travel quite a bit with scotland over the years, had some brilliant times over the years just 1 big party

Only time we got any bother was in Ukraine i had just left the square and a load of young boys ran right throu the middle of a big group of fans just windmilling, the fans just opened up and let them throu and no one responded. Meant to be neo natzi's/right wing? and even a few were wearing eng tops to try an wind us up.

They really don't do themself's any favours. Not always there fault thou, they have the reputation now but when locals or other fans wind them up/kick off unfortunately there is always enough **** wits and knuckle draggers in the wrong oplace at wrong time to respond, just a viscous circle.

When it comes to internationans the english do seem to get and cause a lot of bother.

Think the club hooligan element tend to form truce's to travel whereas the european ultras don't really follow there national teams but will just wind the english up when they come into there country/city

But at club level most of europe is completely bonkers, it''s not unusual for the away fans to be enclosed in small sections of stadium behind bullet proof glass and with nets up to roofs so the 'ultra's' can't rain bottles etc on them. These ultra's seem to get away with murder with there clubs

Got a tour of the Amsterdam arena (Ajax) after we got humped 6 nil, the ultra's once managed to smuggle? a moped into the ground before a game, tried to ram throu the glass to get to away fans then threw it off the top tier

And more trouble last night- that's 3 reported riots before we even play a game.......

And name me one tournament from recent times where our fans haven't let us down.

Scotslad- your lucky the tartan army are welcomed and liked around the world- just a shame you can't qualify for anything!

Aye its bloody murder :lol:

Hasn't stopped me going to a world cup thou just not supporting scotland, came home from the pub blootered 1 nite during Germany 06 and booked flights to go out a few days later for the semi's. Plenty of other scots out there too, as well as a load of decent english fans as the main body were away home by then

Nae digs nae match tickets, had an absolute brilliant time.

Really lucky wi the tartan army but it wasnae always the case, back in the 70-80's they were just as bad but thankfully have woke up to how it spoils a good bevy sesh. Luckily the rare occasion anyone plays up there is enough decent fans around them to shout/slap them back into line.

Think thats wot the english lack the self policing element or possibly just that extra few % of nut jobs so there is always a nut job there to kick off at the slightest hint of trouble then pack/mob mentality takes over

If england are not careful be shutting all the pubs around were there playing

But because ur fans have the rep for fighting every other country plus local's will be trying to wind u up and unfortunately they always seem to rise to it

"Chris Slegg, a BBC London reporter on holiday in Marseille for the football, said he had been at a bar with friends and other fans on Friday night, watching France's game against Romania, and the atmosphere had been friendly.

However, shortly after the match finished, a group of 20 to 30 French youths had emerged from side streets and thrown firecrackers and bottles at people who had been watching the game outside the bar, he said. The incident had been completely unprovoked, he said."