Black gold dark storm 32g 4's

Has anybody tried these carts? I bought a thousand to try ready for game season, been using them on pigeon....I can't complain at all regarding the kills, kick etc but these carts seem to get stuck in my gun every couple of shots, I use black golds as well with no issue for the gun to eject them but the dark storms won't eject every few shots.... Anybody got any ideas why this is?

I'm guessing they're pretty big pheasants too, since a 32g/#4 pattern gets pretty "gappy" even at 40 yards through the average driven gun.

How on earth do us wildfowlers manage to consistently shoot teal at that range and more with steel 3s , we must all be really lucky :rolleyes:

How on earth do us wildfowlers manage to consistently shoot teal at that range and more with steel 3s , we must all be really lucky :rolleyes:

Still breathing then, fenboy? Haven't got time for a verbal punch up today I'm afraid, so feel free to take the **** as you like. I'll check back tomorrow to see if you've come up with any insults worth re-using.

All the best.

Still breathing then, fenboy? Haven't got time for a verbal punch up today I'm afraid, so feel free to take the **** as you like. I'll check back tomorrow to see if you've come up with any insults worth re-using.

All the best.

Still carrying that big chip on your shoulder then , it must get tiresome .

32 grams of 4s has been a effective load for use on high ish pheasants and larger game such as hare's for many many years .

You stick to your super dooper ballistic programme and I will stick to real life results ----- that's not a insult its fact .

To find out what works you need to get out and shoot more instead of preaching what your computer tells you.

Have a nice day.

Guest cookoff013

Guys.

Different shells run different in guns.

Choking and speeds are not discussed. Patterns are pictures.

I'm betting choking puts a few possibilities, maybe even acceptable results.

Come on pw doesn't need negative vibe.

Please?

Guys.

Different shells run different in guns.

Choking and speeds are not discussed. Patterns are pictures.

I'm betting choking puts a few possibilities, maybe even acceptable results.

Come on pw doesn't need negative vibe.

Please?

There are many things PW does not need.

People should not make assumptions and expect everyone to agree with them without the very least having some " real" experience of what they are talking of .

Over the years I have used countless 32 gram 4 loads on Crows and even Pigeon at times , and even with 1/4 choke I would bet my average would be no different than using 5s or 6s on 40 yard birds , that's not a theory It's based on me sitting in a field .

So I am sorry if you find my post negative , but I find it hard to bite my lip when someone suggests something does not work when I know dam well it doe's.

Maybe they're not 40 yards.... :whistling::lol:

Or maybe I cant tell the difference between a Teal and a Canada :lol:

Gents,

if you are going to have a dig at each other, please start a thread with names in title and then 'having a barney' as nothing along those lines helps the op's in this or other threads.

At some point the moderators will intercede if it goes further within threads and then PW will be worse off as we will lose either one or both of you as you both have interesting and relevant view points and experience.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” - Sun Tzu

I'm guessing they're pretty big pheasants too, since a 32g/#4 pattern gets pretty "gappy" even at 40 yards through the average driven gun.

So I am sorry if you find my post negative , but I find it hard to bite my lip when someone suggests something does not work when I know dam well it doe's.

With apologies to the OP:

It is manifestly clear from the text copied above that I did not suggest or otherwise claim anywhere in my post that 32g of #4 did not "work".

Looking back at what I did say, it seems clear that I wanted to say that I thought 32g of #4 would give a pretty gappy pattern at 40 yards, through the average driven gun, by which I meant to imply a ¼/½-choked side by side.

I also implied that pheasants may be small or large.

I felt that my choice of words would transmit these pieces of information clearly, but I apologize if that was not the case.

(Throwaway remarks may be obvious or non-obvious.)

I had assumed that, in the absence of numerical data, the "gappiness" of a pattern would be regarded as a matter of personal preference / opinion and that my remarks would therefore be uncontroversial.

My later response directed at fenboy was simply to explain that I wasn't interested in engaging in the verbal fisticuffs that he appeared to be keen to start. I admit that the tone of that particular remark might be considered sardonic, but it is the product of my long-running experience of his somewhat antagonistic and pugilistic approach to discussion where I am concerned.

Whilst I must take it as a compliment that he wishes to spend so much of his time and effort in correcting my apparent defects, I continue to be unwilling and uninterested in engaging further in a verbal confrontation and will thus post no more on this thread.

I apologize once again to the OP.