Hastings Fishing

deny essex

Fished off the beach to the left of the slipway at the far end of the net drying sheds. Had some good size flat fish on rag. As a bit of a Nancy I get my mate to put them on the rig for me. Fishes well at high tide. There's a fisherman's club that's open to non members on the beach, ask at the bar they are a helpful bunch

Fished off the beach to the left of the slipway at the far end of the net drying sheds. Had some good size flat fish on rag. As a bit of a Nancy I get my mate to put them on the rig for me. Fishes well at high tide. There's a fisherman's club that's open to non members on the beach, ask at the bar they are a helpful bunch

Get yourself a baiting needle, them little **** do nip lol.

I'm not a fisherman but there used to be a fishing tackle shop ( Dont know if it is still there) at the end of courthouse st. which is about a hundred yards from the corner ( Nelson pub) where the old black drying sheds are. This is at the Eastern end of the town called the old town. Along the front where there are amusements and a crazy golf course.

This link might help. there are three shops on the link all close to the beach area.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fishing+tackle+in+Hastings&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=sL5dV93KLo7W8AeJqJbICg&gws_rd=cr

Edited by fortune

I'm not a fisherman but there used to be a fishing tackle shop ( Dont know if it is still there) at the end of courthouse st. which is about a hundred yards from the corner ( Nelson pub) where the old black drying sheds are. This is at the Eastern end of the town called the old town. Along the front where there are amusements and a crazy golf course.

This link might help. there are three shops on the link all close to the beach area.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fishing+tackle+in+Hastings&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=sL5dV93KLo7W8AeJqJbICg&gws_rd=cr

Yes its still there. There is also another one on the sea front about 100mtr east of the Pier, "Pauls Tackle".

Edit: the third tackle shop in the pedestrian area, only does course/carp gear (i know its stupid being so close to the sea and i have told him!!)

Deny, shame you weren't here this week, the newly opened pier had a weeks fishing trial. They had some very nice Bass of the Pier, one in double figures, some doggies, Plaice and small Eels. All on lug.

The incoming tide is definately fishing the best, with little point fishing any other times.

When you say light tackle, do you mean lures or flies? If so then Fairlight (a few miles east of hastings) is the place, again at low tide for a few hours. Only problem is its mainly Bass and were not allowed to take any at the moment! :no:

Im working practically next door to Pauls tackle and live very near to a top Fishing spot, but i would need to show you as you would never find it otherwise. I will pm you my number, give me a bell and i'll happily meet up and show you the place ( i may even join you for a few hours!) :good:

Neil

Edited by silver pigeon69

The UK record Plaice was caught off there. Its hanging on the wall of the wet fish shop on the road infront of the "net drying sheds" (the sheds were for storing fishing equipment and were built that high because space was a premium, people presumed they were that high to hang nets up to dry and the name stuck!)

Edit: Where did you get the rag worm from? did you bring them with you? When did you fish it?

Edit 2: which fishing club, the one infront of the car park(East of the huts?) or one of the ones to the west of the huts?

Edited by silver pigeon69

• 1 month later...

sorry for the rediculous delay in replying.

The club is the one right next to the lifeboat station. I think we fished it in Sept / Oct

I was there Sunday and there were 15 to 20 plaice up to twelve inches long being grabbed by the gulls. Not sure if they were by catch which were exposed as the tide ebbed or were stranded. either way what a waste !