I couldn't be any happier...

WinchesterDave

Where do I start....

Some of you may know that a few weeks ago I was in the process of looking at adding a Beretta 20 bore to the gun cabinet.

After researching heavily into Berettas at all the different models etc, I found the existence of the 690 Field iii.

I fell in love with it! After a while of looking on Gun trader every night and deciding whether or not a 20 bore would be Better than a 12 I ended up deciding on another 12 bore.

I found through Gun trader research that Beretta made Limited Edition models of the 690 iii and saw that Gilsan Sports had two for sale..... This was a week before the Northern Shooting Show and I knew that Gilsan were going...

I decided that, due to the price of the gun I would be putting in my Browning B525 Sporter One, as that was my most valuable gun if we end up going along with it.

When my parents and I were at the show we saw the two beautiful guns on the wall locked up that I had seen on Gun trader... GMK00059 and GMK00060.... I handled them both and simply knew that it was what I wanted for my 21st birthday!

Anyway, we didn't buy one then, and we went home and had a big discussion on funds etc.

Fast forward to three weeks ago I noticed that GMK00059 had been sold!:/ I was gutted...but 60 was still for sale!!:D

Everyday I looked online and it hadn't been sold, and my birthday (17th June) was coming closer... I felt So hopeful that I'd be able to get my birthday money in time to put towards my savings I've been making up in the gun fund pot and my part ex Browning for the 18th June to go and buy it... If that makes sense lol?

Anyway last week I went on gun trader and it had been sold!!!!!!!! D: I was truly truly gutted ://// I phoned my dad straight away and said

"Dad number 60 has been sold!"

Response: "ohhh no you're joking!:/ never mind I'm sure there will be others"

Me: "yeah but it was limited edition and the wood was absolutely stunning and it fit like a glove! I am genuinely so upset about that"...... To which my dad said over the phone quietly...

" I've put a deposit on it..."

"WHAT!? you're kidding!"

"No, happy birthday David! I was going to wait until nearer your birthday to tell you but I couldn't stand hearing you upset"

I couldn't believe it!! I was in shock! He didn't want it to get sold so did that and Gilsan sports held it for us until yesterday when we went to pick it up:)

A huge thank you to Simon for contributing to making my 21st even more special! And having the Gun in its box on the table for when we arrived and presenting it to me! :)

I went with my Dad, Mum, girlfriend and Ben my dog and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day!:)

My Birthday is this Friday, and we are celebrating on Saturday which is why we went yesterday but now the gun is in the cabinet until next week and its torture!

I am so so greatful to my dad for doing that to me I couldn't believe it! I will get pictures up as soon as I have my hands on it again but for now a big big thank you to my parents and Simon at Gilsan!

All the best,

David :-)

You traded a browning for a beretta, are you insane .

Only Joking, enjoy your new gun , I think we need pics too.

Hahaha sure did! Hopefully I won't regret it but the beretta is simply beautiful!

Thanks mate pics will follow after the 17th so watch the thread for those! 👍

Dave

Enjoy your new gun!

Cheers matey!

Happy for you mate! Just got my FAC in the post late yesterday and can pick up next week my TWO ​new pumps that have been held for me since it seems forever! It reminds me of when I was about 10 (a good few years ago) and the Scalextric was on top of my mums wardrobe from October to Christmas. I knew it was there, what it was and that it was mine, so close yet so far away. Now **** law has come into play as work this coming week is all long day shifts and I don't know when I can get to the dealers, maybe not 'til next weekend. Oh the pain!

Happy for you mate! Just got my FAC in the post late yesterday and can pick up next week my TWO ​new pumps that have been held for me since it seems forever! It reminds me of when I was about 10 (a good few years ago) and the Scalextric was on top of my mums wardrobe from October to Christmas. I knew it was there, what it was and that it was mine, so close yet so far away. Now **** law has come into play as work this coming week is all long day shifts and I don't know when I can get to the dealers, maybe not 'til next weekend. Oh the pain!

Thank you mate! Ahhhh yeah, exactly the same dilemma lol it is annoying but it's certainly worth the wait in the end!

How Very Annoying that is!:/ I'm sure it'll be worth it👍

Nice one! Those machines that produce the guns impress me more and more every time I see them in action. Incredible engineering.

Likewise! 👍