filling in forms

mossy835

The referee has to sign their own form.

Wrong

Since the forms were changed in 2014, You fill in all details.

The form says : Please give details of a suitable person who has agreed to act as a referee for you

The 'notes' section also says : You must complete parts F and G with their details

Edited by robbiep

Wrong

Since the forms were changed in 2014, You fill in all details.

The form says : Please give details of a suitable person who has agreed to act as a referee for you

The 'notes' section also says : You must complete parts F and G with their details[/q

uote] this is correct applicant does it all

You will find the form at :-

http://www.gmp.police.uk/live/nhoodv3.nsf/section.html?readform&s=E0D40F34801F20898025796100424776

At the foot of the page are "Attachments" - right hand column - 6th line down.

It obviously depends on where you live.

Referee Details Form new.pdf

Edited by Gordon R

http://www.gmp.police.uk/live/nhoodv3.nsf/section.html?readform&s=E0D40F34801F20898025796100424776

If you have a very careful read, it does say (just above the section with all the attached documents, that :

Please note that forms on this page other than application forms 201, 201a, 202, Explosive forms ER4, ER4A, ER4B & applications for Registrations for Storage of Explosives ER2 are non - statutory, however, process times will be greatly enhanced when using non-statutory forms as part of an application. E.g. “Authority to Shoot Over Land”.

As I said - it depends where you live.

No, it does not.

The statutory forms are the ONLY forms that need to be filled in. No matter where you live. On the statutory forms, YOU fill in the details of the referee(s).

It is as simple as that. If you had read that note on GMPs website, and only submitted the Statutory forms, they could not unduly delay, or refuse, your renewal.

No, it does not.

The statutory forms are the ONLY forms that need to be filled in. No matter where you live. On the statutory forms, YOU fill in the details of the referee(s).

It is as simple as that. If you had read that note on GMPs website, and only submitted the Statutory forms, they could not unduly delay, or refuse, your renewal.

This.

Anything else they send me I chuck in the bin.

robbiep - if you read carefully - the OP originally posted.

who rights the ref forms out ,you or your ref.

If a Police Force sticks to the statutory forms - there would be no "ref forms". If however, the Force uses their own additional form, it would be the referee who fills in that form.

I answered what the OP asked, whereas you are answering a question he did not ask. It pays to read what is asked before posting.

Gordon : there are no referee forms. They have no standing in law. Just because you filled them in - or got your referees to do so - means absolutely nothing.

Maybe GMP - and possibly some other forces - put up 'additional' forms that they'd 'like' you to fill in, but those forms have no standing in law. I really don't know how to say it any more clearly.

In addition, the OP (whose profile says Somerset), if you do onto Avon and Somerset police website, they do not have the VOLUNTARY referee forms that you have at GMP.

So for the OP, he fills in the referee details on the 201 application form, and sends it in.

Maybe if you read what the OP is asking, and then find out what forms they are actually filling in, you'll be able to answer the question correctly.

robbiep - I don't need patronising by someone without the intelligence to read before they write.

there are no referee forms. They have no standing in law. Just because you filled them in

I cannot be more clear - your say the forms do not exist, but then admit that they do. I did not check the OP's Force, because he asked about the referee's forms. According to you, they do not exist. You seem determined to pick an argument for reasons best known to yourself. I feel sorry for you.

Yes Gordon. And you're always correct. Especially when you're wrong.

To the OP : My apologies that this has turned rather silly.

The only LAWFUL form is the 201 form.

Anything else is irrelevant.

If the police ASK you to fill in other forms, you may do so if you want to. However the police cannot force you to do so, and must not discriminate against you, or threaten to delay your application, if you refuse to do so.

No, it does not.

this is CORRECT just been looking at my forms i need to do soon you dont have to take them anywhere for someone else to fill in you do it YOURSELF

The GMP additional form does not say words to the effect of "this form is not a standard form and does not need to be completed" , I understood any additional form should make it quite clear it is an additional form and it is not a legal requirement to fill it in. If this is the case then the GMP form could be for want of a better term an Illegal form.

I read this on the Northumbria Police site ....

Referees

An application for the grant or renewal of a certificate requires the applicant to supply the names and addresses of people who have agreed to act as referees for them.

A firearm application requires the applicant to provide the details of two people; a shot gun application requires the details of one person.

Each referee must have sight of, and have read the completed application form before completing their part of the application (Part F).

When the application is for the renewal of a firearm certificate required for target shooting, one of the referees must be a club official of the approved club named on the applicant’s firearms certificate; it is not however a requirement in this circumstance that the club official has known the applicant personally for at least two years. The second referee must meet the requirements and must not be a member of any target shooting club.

http://www.northumbria.police.uk/advice_and_information/firearms_licensing/applying_for_a_firearm_or_shot_gun_certificate/

The GMP additional form does not say words to the effect of "this form is not a standard form and does not need to be completed" , I understood any additional form should make it quite clear it is an additional form and it is not a legal requirement to fill it in. If this is the case then the GMP form could be for want of a better term an Illegal form.

If you look above the section with the forms on the GMP website, it does clearly state that you only have to fill in the statutory forms, but that they may expedite (or words to that extent) your application if you fill in the additional forms.

we dont have forms like that.

i've just renewed shotgun cert and fac and no forms for referees to complete!

i had to fill in forms with the details of two referees

thats correct.

mossy835 - I accept that GMP seem to be in a minority.

I will admit to being rather surprised that some people would just bin the form, as it is not one of the statutory ones, rather than just assist the Police.

Many complain about delays, but seem reluctant to lift a finger to help resolve the problem.