My wife said no

oowee

I brought home two antiques 1909 North Warnborough Odiham Hants. :whistling:

Ok they have seen better years but surely they would look good as him and hers either side of the bed to replace the wall lights that I have yet to remove.

Rather fetching fox masks I thought.

But sadly they are firmly out. :lol:

I picked up a lovely new shoot today and these were being thrown out by the estate.

What to do with them now? :hmm:

IMG_08731_zps8swtmkix.jpg

I think that she is right. Imagine one of that lot come clattering down on you in the night and fanging you in the nut. Charlies revenge. It would be worse if one came down on her. You'd never hear the end of it.

I think that she is right. Imagine one of that lot come clattering down on you in the night and fanging you in the nut. Charlies revenge. It would be worse if one came down on her. You'd never hear the end of it.

A fox head coming down on your wife, I don not think she would be amused. :no:

Ha ha! They are ACE :lol: The one on the left, "Basil" looks like his snout was shot away, so the stuffed a loofa in there :lol:

I think the one on the right needs a top hat and monocle :lol:

Bang on the button there, particularly the top hat and monocle :good::lol: :lol:

I brought home two antiques 1909 North Warnborough Odiham Hants. :whistling:

Ok they have seen better years but surely they would look good as him and hers either side of the bed to replace the wall lights that I have yet to remove.

Rather fetching fox masks I thought.

But sadly they are firmly out. :lol:

I picked up a lovely new shoot today and these were being thrown out by the estate.

What to do with them now? :hmm:

IMG_08731_zps8swtmkix.jpg

When the mrs saw them.........did she say "whhat the fox hat".............................................................(alright im going)

I noticed that the taxidermist was H,S Baker of North Warnbourgh Odiam. So they have been there since 1909. I wonder what the history of them is and why these two were selected to have been preserved. I bet that they could paint many a tale of the things that they have looked over in the 107 years since they were mounted. Their ears have gone a bit limp but the fur is still reasonable. I remember seeing a stuffed hound in the Egyptian museum that had been stuffed back in the days of the pharoahs

Edited by fortune

I noticed that the taxidermist was H,S Baker of North Warnbourgh Odiam. So they have been there since 1909. I wonder what the history of them is and why these two were selected to have been preserved. I bet that they could paint many a tale of the things that they have looked over in the 107 years since they were mounted.

I have just taken on a new shoot. Its a stunning few acres with wildlife everywhere fishing lakes and more deer and hare than you can shake a stick at. Its on the market for £3.9m bought originally as a playground for two youngsters. These came from the original house and were not up to the standard of the trophy room so were relegated to the shoot house.

I went to day and got totally peeed on and shot just one pigeon. Spent longer drying stuff out than shooting.

Edited by oowee

To have been mounted they must have had some special significance back in the day. And to have survived two world wars and many different owners of the property up until now must be significant. I know that they have seen better days but you are now custodian of them. I expect that there is a taxidermist out there that would restore them.