Moderated 410 shotguns

robbiep

Anyone that has a moderated 410, what length is it ?

I could really do with one for corvids - somewhere I shoot has very gun-shy dogs.

The alternatives at present seem to be :

1. Get a moderator for my bolt action Webley/Scott 410 (£75 fixed, £120 detachable)

2. Get another gun, and chop in / sell my W/S.

So, dimensions. Anyone got one and a tape measure, or been down the same route, any recommendations ?

I've got the detachable Hushpower on my Grange bolt action .410 which I bought second hand on here for £50. It works fine, possibly not as quiet as the full barrel mods but no noisier than a spring air rifle. It was a tight fit on my gun which has a heavy, non parallel barrel. What measurements are you after? The mod is 9 1/2" long.

Edited by Glenlivet

I've got the detachable Hushpower on my Grange bolt action .410 which I bought second hand on here for £50. It works fine, possibly not as quiet as the full barrel mods but no noisier than a spring air rifle. It was a tight fit on my gun which has a heavy, non parallel barrel. What measurements are you after? The mod is 9 1/2" long.

Entire gun length - particularly for the semi-auto and pump guns.

Basically, I'm lazy. Stripping apart a gun to get it into the cabinet after use doesn't appeal.

Somewhere on the Predatormasters forum my second home, there is a thread of a bloke in the states who made his old Remington 870 pump sillenced same as the metro gun with some ABS plastic tubing, it works he posted up pictures when he first did it and seen pictures of his bags with that gun in the photos.

On a .410 i think it swould work ok, the metro guns aparently are very quiet. Take a look on predatormasters if i manage to find the thread ill post a link here.

I use a Baikal single shot moderated .410. Overall length is 50". Very quiet to use with 2 1/4" cartridges and effective. It will also fire 3" magnum cartridges but is a bit louder with these. I've used it for corvids, woodpigeon, rats and rabbits, it's handy when you don't want to be making too much noise. It has a composite stock and I believe it is fully choked. Can't just think what was paid for it when new but not expensive. I use number 6 shot in the 2 1/4" carts and number 4 shot in the 3" ones. ATB.