Fox club

WelshMike

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went out again last night, in hope that the local vixen would apear, saw a group of good size cubs playing on friday evening. Went to one high seat and waited, 20:15 cane and i say a cockerpoo bounding down the field and then heard voices... So up I got, climbed down to find two teenagers about 1/2 mile off the footpath, explained to them that they were on private farm land and directed them back to the foot path, they were more than polite, might of been the camo look i had gone for last night that did it..

Made my way back up the seat thinking has this ruined my chances.

Spotted some movement two fields down, checked with bins and saw a lovely roe doe minding her own business. Then at roughly 21:20 I looked out across the two fields and spotted what looked like a fox sat down. Lifted rifle and sure enough, there was a fox doing its evening number 2.

Took the shot and heard the thud, but the fox bolted, I watched in amazment as it must of made 50-60 yrds before dropping. On inspection it was a great shot straight into the engine room. Must of missed the heart for it to get as far as it did.

DSC_1083.jpg

Edited by ShootingEgg

Good results all round gents, well done.

I would appreciate it if people did not refer to my like for man bags as a fetish...more of an interest :lol::lol:

Had a couple of nights after badly behaved wildlife at one of the chicken farms over the weekend. First night I spotted a vixen who was calling up in the woods. Put the call on with Gekkering call and in she came only to disappear before crossing the road (and giving me a shot). Over a couple of nights later and had 2 hours getting soaked before I gave up on that spot. I drove to the 3rd chicken shed where there have been no problems and there was a vixen in the pen at the back of the shed. Quick shot at 70 yards put pay to her night. No pics as the shot mate one heck of a mess.

Keep up the good work guys :good:

Result Hendrix that sounds like a full on night out :):good:

Good luck Foxhunter.

Well we sat out last night with the apprentice again but the cubs were a no show , but on last light a buck appeared in the field and my mate took it at 200 yards . I then showed the young apprentice how to perform the gralloch.

We then went for a look around a golf course as the greenkeeper was moaning about the rabbits. I gave the apprentice my .22 and he shot really well off sticks seeing as it was his first time shooting 5 rabbits in total :good:

We then had a quick call on the last fairway which traditionally produces a fox . On with the young rabbit distress call and 5 mins in had a fox behind us and one out in front , my mate shot the one out in front which turned out to be a dog fox ...............a good night with a bag of a roebuck , a fox and 9 rabbits. :yes:

30%20may%2017%20004_zpss3yravec.jpg

Well we sat out last night with the apprentice again but the cubs were a no show , but on last light a buck appeared in the field and my mate took it at 200 yards . I then showed the young apprentice how to perform the gralloch.

We then went for a look around a golf course as the greenkeeper was moaning about the rabbits. I gave the apprentice my .22 and he shot really well off sticks seeing as it was his first time shooting 5 rabbits in total :good:

We then had a quick call on the last fairway which traditionally produces a fox . On with the young rabbit distress call and 5 mins in had a fox behind us and one out in front , my mate shot the one out in front which turned out to be a dog fox ...............a good night with a bag of a roebuck , a fox and 9 rabbits. :yes:

30%20may%2017%20004_zpss3yravec.jpg

Well done Mark...glad to see someone will put up with you :lol::lol:

Good results all round gents, well done.

I would appreciate it if people did not refer to my like for man bags as a fetish...more of an interest :lol::lol:

Had a couple of nights after badly behaved wildlife at one of the chicken farms over the weekend. First night I spotted a vixen who was calling up in the woods. Put the call on with Gekkering call and in she came only to disappear before crossing the road (and giving me a shot). Over a couple of nights later and had 2 hours getting soaked before I gave up on that spot. I drove to the 3rd chicken shed where there have been no problems and there was a vixen in the pen at the back of the shed. Quick shot at 70 yards put pay to her night. No pics as the shot mate one heck of a mess.

Keep up the good work guys :good:

well done mate have you looked in the sales section?

Productive night last night. Got in place up the tower at 10.30pm and just as I was starting to struggle to stay awake at 2.15am a cub showed up, he was nervous and kept running at the geese then running back I could not get a shot Luckily as it turned out because after he went back into the hedge I turned and scanned the rest of the field and a dog fox had killed a goose directly behind me so a nice 90 yard shot and 30 minutes later the cub came back out and I got him at about 100 yards. If I had shot the cub first the dog would have been in the next county in seconds. So a good night.

well done mate have you looked in the sales section?

Why, is there a bag?

:lol::lol::lol::lol: How rude

Productive night last night. Got in place up the tower at 10.30pm and just as I was starting to struggle to stay awake at 2.15am a cub showed up, he was nervous and kept running at the geese then running back I could not get a shot Luckily as it turned out because after he went back into the hedge I turned and scanned the rest of the field and a dog fox had killed a goose directly behind me so a nice 90 yard shot and 30 minutes later the cub came back out and I got him at about 100 yards. If I had shot the cub first the dog would have been in the next county in seconds. So a good night.

Well done mate, a well earned couple of foxes there.

i wish i have not brought this up poor mike :hmm::lol: i believe there was a certain taxidermy item in the sales section. i hate to think after all this banter towards mike, what is going to come out after are next shooting trip :lol: i will have to watch what i do or bring as bless him he can give as good as he gets

anyone seen a fox

i wish i have not brought this up poor mike :hmm::lol: i believe there was a certain taxidermy item in the sales section. i hate to think after all this banter towards mike, what is going to come out after are next shooting trip :lol: i will have to watch what i do or bring as bless him he can give as good as he gets

anyone seen a fox

You see one last night at all, to test nv

You see one last night at all, to test nv

Don't think we saw one all night and we went lots of places. Most frustrating. Fingers crossed for friday.

Sorry not to introduce myself :unhappy: last night I was not sure who you were. Nice to meet you :good:

Got the bird home in one piece. :)

anyone seen a fox

I am thinking of leaving the forum due to all of this abuse...Good job I dont have any feelings :lol::lol::lol:

We need to sort out a return outing with Lord Oowee of Somersetshire and see how good he is with his posh new .243. Think we need to start pushing the ranges a bit though as shooting cubs at 30 yards is not overly challenging :lol:

Bumpy made me say it.. He bought it up. Id never of known otherwise...

Was it a bag?? Did you buy it?

:lol: :lol:

Shut your face :lol::lol::lol::lol:

It wasn't covered in enough diamantes .... :lol::lol: :lol:

You can keep your opinion to yourself as well...god help you when you come down here bud...I think you may find yourself dumped in the wilds of Wales. With your accent nobody will know what you are on about if you ask directions :lol::lol:

Don't think we saw one all night and we went lots of places. Most frustrating. Fingers crossed for friday.

Sorry not to introduce myself :unhappy: last night I was not sure who you were. Nice to meet you :good:

Got the bird home in one piece. :)

I blame bumpy for that bud. Was good to meet you.

I am thinking of leaving the forum due to all of this abuse...Good job I dont have any feelings :lol::lol::lol:

We need to sort out a return outing with Lord Oowee of Somersetshire and see how good he is with his posh new .243. Think we need to start pushing the ranges a bit though as shooting cubs at 30 yards is not overly challenging :lol:

Shut your face :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dont leave, who will buy all the bags if you do...

And make it 40yrds then..

Edited by ShootingEgg

40yds? :no: Only if i have quad sticks to hand.

Not easy shooting stuff when it comes that close I had to miss the truck window as well as allow for scope height :lol:

Out tonight on a few farms. Set up the larsen trap and then fingers crossed get a pic for here with my new phone :oops:

:lol::lol: Ed will buy the bags...he just needs to come to terms with his desires first :lol::lol:

40yds? :no: Only if i have quad sticks to hand.

Not easy shooting stuff when it comes that close I had to miss the truck window as well as allow for scope height :lol:

Out tonight on a few farms. Set up the larsen trap and then fingers crossed get a pic for here with my new phone :oops:

Sorry Grant, lets go for 35 yards not to push you to much :lol::lol:

Out tonight to look for something for the freezer. Three in the cross hairs but all doe's :unhappy:.

Walked over about 100 acres of cut grass and not a fox in sight. :sad1:

I think we are after a few rabbits tomorrow so something for the bait tree.

First fox last night!!

After losing 30 chickens and 13 ducks to a daylight fox I finally shot a vixen last night.

I've tried traps and they won't go in, waited out waiting for them to go after the ducks and when I was out they didn't show. Last night out of desparation, I tried my homemade fox caller, which was a Lidl bluetooth speaker and my phone with some sample fox calls. so went out last night at about 10-30 and started the speaker and waited, Nothing for about 15 minutes so I reluctantly went further down into the woods and shone my head torch about and to my amazement I saw gold amber eyes coming towards me. I waited until I could identify it was a fox and not my maine coon cat, as soon as I saw the brown grey fur, took a shot from about 25 metres with my Aya s/s loaded with AAA. First shot hit it over and then as it was moving its legs I used the other barrel and that was that!!

My first fox had taken so long and I was ecstatic as I had finally struck back, didn't stop shaking for about half an hour

Now to put the trail camera out to see how many more are down there!

Simon

Edited by smokingdragon