Fox club

WelshMike

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went out last night just after the rain had stopped. Set up in a field just 100 yards from the car , whilst I was deciding where to stand as the field is undulating I spotted a fox coming into the field and heading in my direction :) Where I was I needed to move to get a shot and we nearly bumped into each other , anyway Charlie headed off down the field but made the mistake of stopping , 1st one in the bag.

I put caller out and within 10 mins a 2nd fox came in from the same direction , again headed off to the bottom corner of the field and stopped ...No 2 in the bag :)

After 25 mins I changed the call to rabbit distress and immediately had another fox coming in left handed from the wood and stopped right behind the caller ...No 3 grassed :yes:

A fantastic stand ....3 foxes in 25 mins :)

UAu5Uva.jpg

well done very productive. i had nearly as much sport calling last night with the roebucks the chiller is full and plenty of activity during the rut

How many did you call mate ? The weather hasn't been suitable up here yet for the rut , saying that its always a disappointment up here anyway. Got a couple of days off this week , never know might get lucky.

Out last night again , very quiet , only called 1 fox in but never presented a shot :no:

How many did you call mate ? The weather hasn't been suitable up here yet for the rut , saying that its always a disappointment up here anyway. Got a couple of days off this week , never know might get lucky.

Out last night again , very quiet , only called 1 fox in but never presented a shot :no:

blowing a gale looked like it was going to empty down the whole time. but still thought i would give it a bash called on the top of a small hill next to a small copse of trees after five minutes saw a buck in the hedge next to me in the hedge not 6ft from me but no shot. did not see anything else for a few more fields and then called in a area with no luck so tried field next door and brought a nice young buck across the ditch to 60 yards. shot with new homeload but meat damage was horrendous so need to try another one for the deer.

need some nice hot humid weather but no chance looking out the window

Went out last night just after the rain had stopped. Set up in a field just 100 yards from the car , whilst I was deciding where to stand as the field is undulating I spotted a fox coming into the field and heading in my direction :) Where I was I needed to move to get a shot and we nearly bumped into each other , anyway Charlie headed off down the field but made the mistake of stopping , 1st one in the bag.

I put caller out and within 10 mins a 2nd fox came in from the same direction , again headed off to the bottom corner of the field and stopped ...No 2 in the bag :)

After 25 mins I changed the call to rabbit distress and immediately had another fox coming in left handed from the wood and stopped right behind the caller ...No 3 grassed :yes:

UAu5Uva.jpg

well done mate cracking job there you got anything cut your way yet ,were still waiting up here

UAu5Uva.jpg

Good job bud :good::good:

Whent out last night in the pouring rain,it was worth it as my mate shot five foxes

Good result there gents, well done.

blowing a gale looked like it was going to empty down the whole time. but still thought i would give it a bash called on the top of a small hill next to a small copse of trees after five minutes saw a buck in the hedge next to me in the hedge not 6ft from me but no shot. did not see anything else for a few more fields and then called in a area with no luck so tried field next door and brought a nice young buck across the ditch to 60 yards. shot with new homeload but meat damage was horrendous so need to try another one for the deer.

need some nice hot humid weather but no chance looking out the window

Well done on the buck Ed, sorry you made a mess of it though, nice bit of mince by the sounds of it :lol:

Forgot to mention when I was calling on dusk the other night , I called in a heron which circled the caller a couple of times. Now I've called in all sorts over the years but this was very strange I thought.

Luck was in this morning , arrived at my destination just breaking light and spotted 2 roe couched , a buck and a doe. Stalked up the back side of the hedge , the roe obligingly stood up and I poleaxed the buck at 100yds ....only a 4 pointer but my 10th buck of the season :)

Forgot to mention when I was calling on dusk the other night , I called in a heron which circled the caller a couple of times. Now I've called in all sorts over the years but this was very strange I thought.

Luck was in this morning , arrived at my destination just breaking light and spotted 2 roe couched , a buck and a doe. Stalked up the back side of the hedge , the roe obligingly stood up and I poleaxed the buck at 100yds ....only a 4 pointer but my 10th buck of the season :)

well done mate. i have had 11bucks so far this year been really good but not shot one worth mounting yet this year. all been cull bucks and poor heads does not look good on my management lol

Edited by bumpy22

Well done on the Heron and the buck :good:

I have put a few bee hives on one of the bits of ground that I shoot so decided I better pay back the favor by actually going out shooting for once. The weather was foul yesterday but the rain stopped about 9 so I headed out at 10.30 to be greeted by patchy fog and a nice bright 1/2 moon. Fortunately the fog was patchy so I could see a little bit. I put the caller out and stood in front of an oak tree with the rifle on the sticks. I had the chicken distress going for about 30 yards when I spotted a nice pair of bright eyes charging out of the mist. By the time the rifle was set up ready to go the fox was at about 30 yards and went down to a bib shot. Not very challenging but efficient. Nice 3/4 grown vixen cub.

Another hour of quiet roaming and off home. I will wait until the 3rd cut if silage on this farm before I head back out.

Nice work Mike.

Finally got out tonight for a more serious stint on the foxes. I've had a quick hour a week or so ago on a small cover not far from me but tonight was a more concerted effort. Decided to head for a nice permission I picked up in the Spring. I'd picked up a couple of dog foxes and a barren vixen in two nights before I put the guns away for the summer, reckoned there were a couple of vixens with cubs so was expecting to see some about tonight. I wasn't disappointed. Walking up to the field I planned to put the caller in and there's a vixen already mooching about. On the fence post - down goes number 1. Pretty frantic action for the next hour and half. Foxes were coming in regularly to the beer can call, sometimes I was literally walking out to pick up fox up, getting back to my spot and there would be another in the field. Ended up with 7 for a couple of hours, a dog, vixen and 5 decent sized cubs. Nice to get out again.

36323006545_2c6e9b02d9_c.jpg