Fox club

WelshMike

37 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

There is one good place for those photons and that is back to the manufacturer. Carp I suppose you get what you pay for. 

A man that owns a country estate should not have budget gear? where is my brass???

:lol: A man that owns a country estate has no time to pop out delivering brass :lol:  

Agree ref the getting what you pay for. I originally bought it for the HMR and its good enough for bunnies out to 100 or so. 

If you want to rehome some of your vast wealth I ll let you have my bank details :lol: Also if you fancy a working weekend go can come and get your brass :lol:

Hows the xq38 spotter mate? Have a "special birthday" early next year so may be able to get it on the wish list....along with early retirement :lol:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Just put the photon in the manbag and leave it there, also use a lamp, more challenging... ? 

:lol: Like to use the lamp and my x bolt but there are a few "shy foxes" and one of the bits of ground is new and a couple of the neighbours dont like to see to much shining about of lamps...also I am slow both mentally and in terms of shooting so I like the comfort of the NV so I can faff about for ages...and then miss :lol:

4 hours ago, WelshMike said:

Like to use the lamp and my x bolt but there are a few "shy foxes" and one of the bits of ground is new and a couple of the neighbours dont like to see to much shining about of lamps...also I am slow both mentally and in terms of shooting so I like the comfort of the NV so I can faff about for ages...and then miss 

:lol::lol: atleast you admit you miss bumpy never misses.. ? 

4 hours ago, WelshMike said:

A man that owns a country estate has no time to pop out delivering brass   

Agree ref the getting what you pay for. I originally bought it for the HMR and its good enough for bunnies out to 100 or so. 

If you want to rehome some of your vast wealth I ll let you have my bank details  Also if you fancy a working weekend go can come and get your brass 

Hows the xq38 spotter mate? Have a "special birthday" early next year so may be able to get it on the wish list....along with early retirement 

Still waiting arrival. I have the main mans while he is on safari. 

Had a text yesterday evening from the owner of one of the permissions I shoot on, saying that she has had regular sightings of a fox over the last few days.

went over there this evening and was calling for about an hour when this chap appeared from the bushes and sat staring at the caller and the PD200 decoy inviting me to shoot.

sent a text to the landowner and she came out pleased as punch, so a job well done.

133 yards .222 50gr v max.

In the second picture you can see where he was shot in relation to the caller and decoy

IMG_20180509_210849.jpg

IMG_20180509_211019.jpg

One last night of a new permission. Commercial free range chicken unit.fox  has been killing in the day. 20 mins just at last light with pheasant distress on foxpro. See if that slows up the loss for a while. as no other were spotted after that one

14 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

:lol::lol: atleast you admit you miss bumpy never misses.. ? 

...the reason for that is that he stores tissue in the front of his scope so cant see whether he misses or not :lol:

11 hours ago, belly47 said:

Had a text yesterday evening from the owner of one of the permissions I shoot on, saying that she has had regular sightings of a fox over the last few days.

went over there this evening and was calling for about an hour when this chap appeared from the bushes and sat staring at the caller and the PD200 decoy inviting me to shoot.

sent a text to the landowner and she came out pleased as punch, so a job well done.

133 yards .222 50gr v max.

In the second picture you can see where he was shot in relation to the caller and decoy

IMG_20180509_210849.jpg

IMG_20180509_211019.jpg

Nicely done mate :good:

37 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

One last night of a new permission. Commercial free range chicken unit.fox  has been killing in the day. 20 mins just at last light with pheasant distress on foxpro. See if that slows up the loss for a while. as no other were spotted after that one

Well done mate, a good start to proceedings. 

2 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

:lol: of course you do.. How silly of me to think differently 

...yeah right :lol: Most of the house is not fit for human habitation, the bit that is is full of furniture. Walls are so dusty you cant rest on them with clean clothes...oh and we havent got enough money to pay for outside trades unless strictly necessary...on the plus side I have just had my N750A scope back after a warranty repair on the adjustment knob. Hopefully its all sorted in which case it will be straight back on the .243 tonight ready to get back out. :good:

23 minutes ago, WelshMike said:

...yeah right :lol: Most of the house is not fit for human habitation, the bit that is is full of furniture. Walls are so dusty you cant rest on them with clean clothes...oh and we havent got enough money to pay for outside trades unless strictly necessary...on the plus side I have just had my N750A scope back after a warranty repair on the adjustment knob. Hopefully its all sorted in which case it will be straight back on the .243 tonight ready to get back out. :good:

Not sure we needed to know about your adjustment knob.. And sounds like a proper building site bud... Get out with the lamp :good:

46 minutes ago, WelshMike said:

...yeah right  Most of the house is not fit for human habitation, the bit that is is full of furniture. Walls are so dusty you cant rest on them with clean clothes...oh and we havent got enough money to pay for outside trades unless strictly necessary...on the plus side I have just had my N750A scope back after a warranty repair on the adjustment knob. Hopefully its all sorted in which case it will be straight back on the .243 tonight ready to get back out. :good:

stick with the photon mike:good:mate of mine just got a drone told him he would be better of with photon:yahoo::lol:

all joking aside you should be well equipped for the cub explosion next month mate

18 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Not sure we needed to know about your adjustment knob.. And sounds like a proper building site bud... Get out with the lamp :good:

My knob was very stiff so thats why it went back :lol:

17 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

stick with the photon mike:good:mate of mine just got a drone told him he would be better of with photon:yahoo:

all joking aside you should be well equipped for the cub explosion next month mate

Photon is off...N750A back on..thank god. 

Got the scopes swapped last night and got the rifle re zeroed (3 shots and it was bang on). Headed out for a few hours and despite watching the chicken pens (and the 10 or so that hadnt made it inside) nothing showed. Typical text this morning saying the fox had been and killed all of them so back out tonight...hopefully the rain will clear and the fox will be back to pick up the rest of its takeaway from last night.  

one last night with shotgun before dark in the woods. called three in but terriers were tied up behind each time and to say they got a little excited was a understatement. plenty to go at there before they get at chickens. Grant is back so the pics start appearing :lol:

we had some geese killed monday night so on tuesday  i moved the tower into place and got set up by 10pm . at 10.45 i heard the geese run so looked through my NV spotter and the fox was in the pen it looked straight up at me and ran off the field i waited for 3 hours, no show.nothing dead next morning or the next. but 5 dead friday morning so last night i moved the tower a bit further away and was i place at 10pm at 10.15 fox turns up and exactly the same thing happened it looked up and ran. but i waited again and at 12.10 a vixen showed up 3 pens down the field and took no notice of the IR so bang a nice 100 yard shot.as i didnt need to get up early i waited and another fox a dog this time shows up in the same pen as the last one same result. so 2 foxes down but was one the IR shy one i guess i will know in a day or two. 

FH Africa was the best yet. Almost every day up at 0430 for geese,then pigeons,then ducks and in bed for 2030. Went hunting Kudu, Waterbuck and for me Baboon. 

My total bag about 85 ducks and geese, around 700 pigeons, at a cost of around 2000 cart's.

spurw.jpg

kudu.jpg

water_buck.jpg

baboon.jpg

Edited by oowee

Grant 

Sounds like you had a fantastic trip mate :good:

I headed out on Friday night after the heavy rain. A fox had been killing chickens in the pen so I set up with the NV spotter and camping chair ready to go. About an hour in could hear the vixen calling and foxes squabbling. Looked to my right and there was a fox (must have been the dog) he was about 70 yards away and despite being as quiet as I could he knew something was wrong and headed off to stop in cover with no clear shot...he then proceeded through the wood not presenting a shot.....a couple of hours later I went for a wander and found 1 cub eating a dead chicken so shot him and then shot one of his sibblings just before the mist stopped play. 

I suggested to the owner that they get the dogs in to deal with the whole lot in one go (I have so much on at the moment I dont have time to be out night after night)...to cut a long story short I am out again tonight after 4 cubs and the dog were spotted and nothing was shot....

2 hours ago, WelshMike said:

Grant 

Sounds like you had a fantastic trip mate :good:

I headed out on Friday night after the heavy rain. A fox had been killing chickens in the pen so I set up with the NV spotter and camping chair ready to go. About an hour in could hear the vixen calling and foxes squabbling. Looked to my right and there was a fox (must have been the dog) he was about 70 yards away and despite being as quiet as I could he knew something was wrong and headed off to stop in cover with no clear shot...he then proceeded through the wood not presenting a shot.....a couple of hours later I went for a wander and found 1 cub eating a dead chicken so shot him and then shot one of his sibblings just before the mist stopped play. 

I suggested to the owner that they get the dogs in to deal with the whole lot in one go (I have so much on at the moment I dont have time to be out night after night)...to cut a long story short I am out again tonight after 4 cubs and the dog were spotted and nothing was shot....

Well done mike. Cubs should be showing now and the damage will begin. Always seems to be end of the month early june before the suicidal young ones start appearing here