Fox club

WelshMike

9 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

sunday a few of us of here are going and meeting up. we all have to have a fox brush on the back of a deer stalker apparently. i am struggling for foxes so i will let you boys bring one for me

Whats the plan for meeting up?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Strongman said:

I’ll carry a Financial Times under my left arm and have a pin in my right lapel.

Just need to ageee a code word. 

Is this what your after or shall I get my coat ?

good work richard. to be fair if you wore pink camo you would stand out from the rest in there green:lol: have you got the basc voucher? i think this is the reason we are all going because its free:lol:

i will ring mike closer to the time see if we can drag him away from the sheep,;) sorry i mean mansion

1 hour ago, Strongman said:

Yep I’ve got my voucher. We will have to sort out where we are meeting etc.

It sounds like Mike has got too much time on his hands so could do with a hobby or day out at the Game Fair!! ?

will pm you our numbers we can meet early and then we can get Grant to by us all breakfast

went on a half a dozen  different permissions with no luck. saw one fox early but nothing after dark. had a message saying another taking chickens so will have to try and sort that this week before game fair. hopefully take delivery of new tx1 hmr this week as well. that will need testing :yes:

need to get ready for the fox club meet up at the game fair. i will work on our welsh founder this week

Edited by bumpy22

Had a look on another permission last night, harvest has started although the rows are still laying hindering sight across some points of the field we were hoping to get a fox on.

I set the caller up out in the field and sat for 20 minutes watching 3 fallow at the top of the field .. when all of a sudden a cub kit came bouncing out of the ditch about 65yds away

Met with a 75g 243 Vmax... stopped on the spot will go back in the next couple of nights to pick up the rest of the skulk.

atb 

Terry

IMG_2359.jpg

On 18/07/2018 at 21:11, Strongman said:

Yep I’ve got my voucher. We will have to sort out where we are meeting etc.

It sounds like Mike has got too much time on his hands so could do with a hobby or day out at the Game Fair!! ?

Ed did try and persuade me to come along saying Grant needed help spending all of his vast fortune :lol: 

I wish I could come along but I just cant free up the time at the moment. We are trying to get the house a little less hazardous (lots of missing floors at the moment) for when my Dad arrives at the end of August. Maybe 2020 :lol:

On 22/07/2018 at 12:20, Terry2016 said:

Had a look on another permission last night, harvest has started although the rows are still laying hindering sight across some points of the field we were hoping to get a fox on.

I set the caller up out in the field and sat for 20 minutes watching 3 fallow at the top of the field .. when all of a sudden a cub kit came bouncing out of the ditch about 65yds away

Met with a 75g 243 Vmax... stopped on the spot will go back in the next couple of nights to pick up the rest of the skulk.

atb 

Terry

IMG_2359.jpg

Nicely done mate. .243 certainly puts them on the deck :good:

Imagine all the money you could save on carpets & skirting boards without floors, think of the bigger picture Mike ?.

Hope it’s all coming together for you now. Don’t envy you grafting in this heat though. If the foxes by you are anything like they are over this way your not missing out much. Not seeing much lately, thinking they are coming out early morning in this weather.

Nice work Terry, good to see someone is getting some fox action!

Waiting out tonight with the .243 & had just got to the stage where I was considering popping off a rabbit at 200yds for something to do. Fortunately I didn’t as this little dog cub ambled out 140yds away & 80 grains of Winchester’s finest dropped him. 

426AEFEE-0DB9-4241-8B2D-E7DB345EFC76.jpeg

Edited by Bumble

On 23/07/2018 at 17:40, Strongman said:

Imagine all the money you could save on carpets & skirting boards without floors, think of the bigger picture Mike ?.

Hope it’s all coming together for you now. Don’t envy you grafting in this heat though. If the foxes by you are anything like they are over this way your not missing out much. Not seeing much lately, thinking they are coming out early morning in this weather.

Nice work Terry, good to see someone is getting some fox action!

:lol: Cheers mate. The issue at the moment is that we are mostly missing the floor itself which makes getting about a little more exciting. 

17 hours ago, Bumble said:

Waiting out tonight with the .243 & had just got to the stage where I was considering popping off a rabbit at 200yds for something to do. Fortunately I didn’t as this little dog cub ambled out 140yds away & 80 grains of Winchester’s finest dropped him. 

:good: Nicely done mate. 

19 hours ago, Bumble said:

:good:Struggling with foxes around here at the moment , nothing seems to be moving , wish it would cool down ...

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

:good:Struggling with foxes around here at the moment , nothing seems to be moving , wish it would cool down ...

had another of the chicken unit which makes 21 of there in about 6 weeks since i started shooting there.the owner is over the moon with what me and grant have done.

numbers here dont seem to be slowing up. but roe are a different scenario unlike yourself

13 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

had another of the chicken unit which makes 21 of there in about 6 weeks since i started shooting there.the owner is over the moon with what me and grant have done.

numbers here dont seem to be slowing up. but roe are a different scenario unlike yourself

Nicely done Ed. There are a fair few about where I am...just cant find time to get out after them. Keep up the good work. 

Out last night after the downpour hoping my luck would change. Did some barley stubbles seeing nothing , wondering what is going on. Last stand of the night 2.30 am produced a dog fox but he ran off and I stopped him at 200 yds .

Not a great sight picture but went for it , never saw it drop and no bullet strike so thought Id missed , on closer inspection though I was well chuffed that eventually I had grassed a fox. Its been a slow start but sure it will pick up......

yitGbLW.jpg

FH1 YOUR BACK ?:)

I was out on my lonesome last night and was distracted by a Buck that was teasing me. No response to the call at the back of the wood and this one came out behind me. Stayed on the edge of shootable with range and back stop. Waiting for him to move to a safer location eventually saw him slip through the hedge over the road. 

Then spent some time trying to find my way in to some new land. Only found half of it and that was with a map. Not easy in the dark. Saw one fox fleetingly as I pulled up in a gateway and then nothing all night. The only thing I could call in last night was hares, lots of them which kept me on my toes until I called it a night at 0100. Got back home and dropped a rabbit in the field and put that out as bait. Bait was gone this morning so it looks like its a late one.

Back out tonight to see if the buck i saw will follow the same route as last night. The fox will have to wait as it's the game fair in the morning. 

35 minutes ago, oowee said:

FH1 YOUR BACK ?:)

I was out on my lonesome last night and was distracted by a Buck that was teasing me. No response to the call at the back of the wood and this one came out behind me. Stayed on the edge of shootable with range and back stop. Waiting for him to move to a safer location eventually saw him slip through the hedge over the road. 

Then spent some time trying to find my way in to some new land. Only found half of it and that was with a map. Not easy in the dark. Saw one fox fleetingly as I pulled up in a gateway and then nothing all night. The only thing I could call in last night was hares, lots of them which kept me on my toes until I called it a night at 0100. Got back home and dropped a rabbit in the field and put that out as bait. Bait was gone this morning so it looks like its a late one.

Back out tonight to see if the buck i saw will follow the same route as last night. The fox will have to wait as it's the game fair in the morning. 

dont be late tonight you need your beauty sleep for the morning:yes: off to the game fair to meet up with strongman tomorrow.

i had a great night last night with new tx1 hmr. nice dog fox squeaked in and a large bag of rabbits. very impressed with little rifle

23 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Never got out for bucks as raining but did have a shine later. Again very quiet but did manage this small dog cub which flew into cub call

JhAx6vq.jpg

Well done Mark. Had a ...moderator issue resulting in ringing ears and metal bits scattered around the field. Sent back for "investigation". Certainly no fault of the operator thats for sure... Out with the lamp later in the week when the showers clear. Keep up the good work. 

14 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Which mod Mike ? Did it explode , please let us know.

Aimsport Triton 50. The front section was blown in half and the half that I could find was about 20 foot away from the rifle. The mod is on its way back to the importer for "investigation". I am not having much luck ...the last one (not an aimsport) dropped to bits due to flame erosion but that was after 3 years. To be fair I am getting a FOC replacement but I have to get a one for one variation so that yet more hassle. Just in case anybody sees this and wants to add any comments

Moderator never stays on the rifle when its not in use , moderator is always firmly screwed onto rifle ensuring its not cross threaded, no spray is ever put down the moderator such as silensave or WD40, mod tightness checked after shots when I m out , rifle crown is good and rifle shoots well. Just in case anybody wants to blame the user :P