Fox club

WelshMike

3 hours ago, WelshMike said:

Well done mate. Early finish and a nice £150 in your pocket, well done. 

Off out on 400 acres tonight. Had a look during daylight hours today as they have done a load of work on the yard...and I dont want to fall down a post hole in the dark :lol:

Yes it makes up for the 3-4am ones that are the normal.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bumpy22 said:

good luck mike. me and the main man have planned a nights foxing this weekend. we have been up to our eyes in other jobs at the minute. so without tempting fate the triple figure could be broke. will get secretary to count up this week

we have both just got the new 4k xsights so all being well and my rail turns up we will have a report

I will be very interested to know how the x sights are. As I've been thinking of upgrading from my old pulsar n550  I probably should have got a drone pro but left it too late 

2 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

good luck mike. me and the main man have planned a nights foxing this weekend. we have been up to our eyes in other jobs at the minute. so without tempting fate the triple figure could be broke. will get secretary to count up this week

we have both just got the new 4k xsights so all being well and my rail turns up we will have a report

It's been very disjointed the last few weeks with both of us spending time on non fox commitments. Hopefully that's all coming to an end very soon and we can get back to the main job. I for one could do with a rest 👍Good news is we passed the joint 100 mark this week with the one's Bumpy has bagged, when I had two. I was very bored at the time having sat still for a couple of hours not far from the pheasant pens when they popped over to say hello and I thought I should take the opportunity to save work for later.  

I have been shooting most nights with the tikka t3x in .223 flavour and I absolutely love it. I reset the trigger and its the sweetest most accurate tool. I even dropped a squirrel out in the field at 120 yds + while making coffee in the kitchen. Not wanting to tempt fate but the last 30+ shots have seen everything drop on the spot. Out on Friday so hoping the run of fortune continues.

The ATN 4k will have to be good to better the Ward with the sidewinder but fingers and toes are crossed.

IMG-20181011-WA0001.jpeg

IMG-20181011-WA0003[1].jpg

1 hour ago, bornfree said:

I will be very interested to know how the x sights are. As I've been thinking of upgrading from my old pulsar n550  I probably should have got a drone pro but left it too late 

from what i have seen of my mates drone 10x and 15x it wont be quite as good at night. but the picture looks impressive in the day. which the drones does not

Nicely done all round gents. 

Popped out last night, mist and drizzle so a quick trot round the ground. Spotted a fox at about 30 yards...amazingly it was still there when I got the rifle onto the sticks..58 grain bullet in the forehead so no pic. Adult vixen, happy farmer and a damp shooter :lol: back to renovation work tonight ...joy..

Nice one Mike and glad to see OOwee posting again , thought you had retired , congrats on reaching the ton :good:

I went out last night to top up my bait station and had a call ever hopeful. Anyway vixen mating call is now operational as brought in a dog fox pretty quickly:yes:

I continued with the vixen mating call and soon had another on the ground , but a vixen this time :)

Very happy with a brace in no time at all , but then had to call it a night as the mist was rolling in ....

bp9EJ4F.jpg

17 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Nice one Mike and glad to see OOwee posting again , thought you had retired , congrats on reaching the ton :good:

I went out last night to top up my bait station and had a call ever hopeful. Anyway vixen mating call is now operational as brought in a dog fox pretty quickly:yes:

I continued with the vixen mating call and soon had another on the ground , but a vixen this time :)

Very happy with a brace in no time at all , but then had to call it a night as the mist was rolling in ....

bp9EJ4F.jpg

Well done Mark. Nice looking pair of foxes and good to see that you are keeping at it (especially at your ripe old age :lol:).  

a quick outing tonight with the hmr and ward. walked to the first chance where a fox was mousing in some rough cover about 120 yards out a quick squeak and he was dropped in the chest at all of 40 yards. walked the rest of the ground and counted 20 badgers exactly which does not surprise me on this land. as i get to the last area pick up 2 foxes in thermal busy foraging in the long grass. use the hedge to get to with in sensible range of them. ten more yards i thought and then they clock me on the fence line and are of. they stop at about 200 and look back. again a few squeaks and one comes into all of ten yards filling the scope. squeeze the trigger nothing:mad:had not chambered a round after last fox:no: quick cycle and fox has gone round to the other again. leave it a few minutes call again. this time he circles round my left and presents a nice 70 yard shot which it drops. the other still sat 30 yards further  on the horizon of the hill just watching. again wait for a few minutes and a few mouse squeaks on the palm bring it down perfect. a good solid chest shot, which i did run 15 yards. but dropped stone dead. three nice foxes which i made hard work of :lol: 

15 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Us oldies can still knock spots off the young'uns

:lol: Im certainly not in the young'uns category any more :lol:

12 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

a quick outing tonight with the hmr and ward. walked to the first chance where a fox was mousing in some rough cover about 120 yards out a quick squeak and he was dropped in the chest at all of 40 yards. walked the rest of the ground and counted 20 badgers exactly which does not surprise me on this land. as i get to the last area pick up 2 foxes in thermal busy foraging in the long grass. use the hedge to get to with in sensible range of them. ten more yards i thought and then they clock me on the fence line and are of. they stop at about 200 and look back. again a few squeaks and one comes into all of ten yards filling the scope. squeeze the trigger nothinghad not chambered a round after last fox quick cycle and fox has gone round to the other again. leave it a few minutes call again. this time he circles round my left and presents a nice 70 yard shot which it drops. the other still sat 30 yards further  on the horizon of the hill just watching. again wait for a few minutes and a few mouse squeaks on the palm bring it down perfect. a good solid chest shot, which i did run 15 yards. but dropped stone dead. three nice foxes which i made hard work of  

Well done Ed, a good result. 

On 16/10/2018 at 19:37, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Nice pair mate. Had to put the foxing on hold for a few weeks but thats coming to an end so looking forward to having a go at the foxes.

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:43, oowee said:

Nice pair mate. Had to put the foxing on hold for a few weeks but thats coming to an end so looking forward to having a go at the foxes.

I'm sure there will be plenty more to go at . I'm just hoping the mating calls produce a few for me as they are thin on the ground this year.

Took a break last night and went back to the foxes and had another three last night including a really fat boy 😄. Edds calling was on form and mine was not too bad either. They are responding from a fair distance certainly out of sight and over the hill lol. We were using the ATN 4k on Edd's .243 most of the night and I think it's fair to say we need to play about with it to get the most out of it. I did manage a cracking head shot on a rabbit at 110 yards 👍 whilst my shooting mate only managed a body shot at 200 👍. Both shots were centre target and apparently the rifle was zeroed an inch high at 100 which would make mine a miss 🙄. Those Tikka t3 are super accurate i am impressed with both Edd's .243 and my .223. 

On 20/10/2018 at 10:45, oowee said:

Took a break last night and went back to the foxes and had another three last night including a really fat boy 😄. Edds calling was on form and mine was not too bad either. They are responding from a fair distance certainly out of sight and over the hill lol. We were using the ATN 4k on Edd's .243 most of the night and I think it's fair to say we need to play about with it to get the most out of it. I did manage a cracking head shot on a rabbit at 110 yards 👍 whilst my shooting mate only managed a body shot at 200 👍. Both shots were centre target and apparently the rifle was zeroed an inch high at 100 which would make mine a miss 🙄. Those Tikka t3 are super accurate i am impressed with both Edd's .243 and my .223. 

Nicely done Grant and Ed :good:

went out last night armed with 12g and bbs as the spot i was going is surrounded by roads. the moon made it like daylight so did not hold much hope for any luck. got tucked in a hedge with good field of view and started calling. virtually immediately a heat source shows up coming through the fence next door and coming quickly. when it gets to about a 100 yards i realise its a cat but it carries on to about 60 yards from me. at this point it lays on its belly. then all of a sudden a fox flies into the picture jumps at cat which takes of with charlie in hot pursuit. the cat manages to climb up the fence. with the fox just patrolling the bottom of the fence in hope of a fall. gives up after a few minutes and retreats back to the hedge presenting no shot. but what great footage of this fox. 

15 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

went out last night armed with 12g and bbs as the spot i was going is surrounded by roads. the moon made it like daylight so did not hold much hope for any luck. got tucked in a hedge with good field of view and started calling. virtually immediately a heat source shows up coming through the fence next door and coming quickly. when it gets to about a 100 yards i realise its a cat but it carries on to about 60 yards from me. at this point it lays on its belly. then all of a sudden a fox flies into the picture jumps at cat which takes of with charlie in hot pursuit. the cat manages to climb up the fence. with the fox just patrolling the bottom of the fence in hope of a fall. gives up after a few minutes and retreats back to the hedge presenting no shot. but what great footage of this fox. 

:lol: interesting stuff. 

Shot a massive dog fox the other night. Will post photo if I get more then 10 seconds of peace....

Just now, WelshMike said:

You boys must have small pigs where you are...more like a piglet 

To be fair that is a chunky fox, wouldnt want to lug him far. 

He was a little bit of a porker and it was a lot more noticeable against the other waif we had that night.

I was out on the last of the other stuff last night and i think I missed a fox at 10 yds. It appeared at about 50 yds on a very steep hill side where I am tucked precariously behind a tree for cover. It walks directly towards me and stops 10 yards away. I have the rifle on one leg of the sticks. It looks like it has sat down, I am on full mag and focused at about 100 yds. Its filling the scope albeit its mostly white and I fired. It did jump up about 4 feet in the air but then went like a .223 bullet up and over the hill. 

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

He was a little bit of a porker and it was a lot more noticeable against the other waif we had that night.

I was out on the last of the other stuff last night and i think I missed a fox at 10 yds. It appeared at about 50 yds on a very steep hill side where I am tucked precariously behind a tree for cover. It walks directly towards me and stops 10 yards away. I have the rifle on one leg of the sticks. It looks like it has sat down, I am on full mag and focused at about 100 yds. Its filling the scope albeit its mostly white and I fired. It did jump up about 4 feet in the air but then went like a .223 bullet up and over the hill. 

He looked in fantastic nick Grant, 

Im not surprised you missed that one at 10 yards mate. I dont seem to be able to hit anything much under 50 yards. To be fair I cant hit much at over 50 yards either :lol:

3 hours ago, WelshMike said:

He looked in fantastic nick Grant, 

Im not surprised you missed that one at 10 yards mate. I dont seem to be able to hit anything much under 50 yards. To be fair I cant hit much at over 50 yards either :lol:

Glad you added that bit on mike. Some of the members can be childish and poke fun of you🤔 to be fair you do try hard with your shooting😂