• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bumpy22 said:

whats this one???

? if its not friday night i don't know where its from. There are so many on phone i just posted the two at the end lol.

Ah yes I see just realised its not even your rifle don'y know who's that is :lol::blush:

In that case I only have one pic from Friday.

Edited by oowee

8 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Must have all emigrated from up here as there aren't any about up here ...

Been out tonight , did manage to see 1 but no chance of a shot

Keep plugging away mate. Last 3 outings have produced 8. All flying into the call. I think Grant said we have had 113 now with a lot of ground not touched

For the first time ever I wished I had a way of recording the footage from my NV scope last night. I was up the tower waiting for a fox on one of the duck fields it was around midnight and Mr fox turns up and starts coming across the field, he stops by a trailer and I swop from NV viewer to the rifle,he had stopped to look at a couple of feral cats it must have been a mother and kitten as she launched at the fox he leapt back and ran round the trailer with the cat following. Luckily the cat came back to the kitten and the fox crept back round the other side so I had an easy shot at 80 yards. He was a fair sized dog with a set of four bleeding scratch marks on his nose.

Finally managed to get out last night! For the last week, as soon as it's got dark the rains have arrived, but managed a few hours out last night in between the wet stuff. Saw 2, shot 2 (vixens). No calling, just having a walk about. Some new land in the book that might be getting a visit Sunday night if it stays dry (It's high up!).

45737725612_5477aaee30_c.jpg

45063013414_8dffa0cde2_c.jpg

31 minutes ago, racing snake said:

Finally managed to get out last night! For the last week, as soon as it's got dark the rains have arrived, but managed a few hours out last night in between the wet stuff. Saw 2, shot 2 (vixens). No calling, just having a walk about. Some new land in the book that might be getting a visit Sunday night if it stays dry (It's high up!).

45737725612_5477aaee30_c.jpg

45063013414_8dffa0cde2_c.jpg

top work stu

10 minutes ago, racing snake said:

Cheers Ed. 👍

grant has bought a drone and one of my other mates. fantastic bit of kit. i just bought a atn x sight 4k which is impressive. think i would of bought a drone but one of my mates i also shoots with is in the trade so i dont pay retail prices for my shooting gear :yahoo:the only problem i got loads of new toys but spent a fortune:lol:

I managed to find a window in the rain and went out on Wednesday night. Very quiet out but eventually came across this lass.

FF821C78-6382-4E7D-BB24-48239DC5C771.jpeg.8c81e69c4f5b95d77b2b187a062759e4.jpeg

Squeaked her in from about 70 yards in some sheep. When she got to about 50 yards she headed into some trees to my left. After slaloming through she appeared at about 15 yards and turned to run. Managed to stop her, dropping her at a mighty 20 yards! I’m going to carry a stick next time to save on ammunition!

Saw two more in the distance, one showed some interest in the call but then headed off. Good to be back out again though. 

Good to see your getting back into the swing of it Stu. Need to give Ed and Grant a run for their money as I recon they are shooting at a fox farm down their way!!

Edited by Strongman

Grant's got a Drone now has he? Which one did he get Ed? I'm just in comms with Armasight* trying to get a couple of spare cables for mine. If you hear of any going anywhere, give me a shout pal. How are you finding the X sight? It's certainly got lots of bells and whistles on it.

Thanks Rich, it's appreciated mate. Well done on that one, I see I'm not the only one suffering with the rain at the moment.

* Correction - FLIR, as they now own Armasight.

Edited by racing snake

10 hours ago, Strongman said:

I managed to find a window in the rain and went out on Wednesday night. Very quiet out but eventually came across this lass.

FF821C78-6382-4E7D-BB24-48239DC5C771.jpeg.8c81e69c4f5b95d77b2b187a062759e4.jpeg

Squeaked her in from about 70 yards in some sheep. When she got to about 50 yards she headed into some trees to my left. After slaloming through she appeared at about 15 yards and turned to run. Managed to stop her, dropping her at a mighty 20 yards! I’m going to carry a stick next time to save on ammunition!

Saw two more in the distance, one showed some interest in the call but then headed off. Good to be back out again though. 

Good to see your getting back into the swing of it Stu. Need to give Ed and Grant a run for their money as I recon they are shooting at a fox farm down their way!!

top shooting that richard. most of mine recent have been called into 50 yards or less. saves walking to pick them up :lol:

9 hours ago, racing snake said:

Grant's got a Drone now has he? Which one did he get Ed? I'm just in comms with Armasight* trying to get a couple of spare cables for mine. If you hear of any going anywhere, give me a shout pal. How are you finding the X sight? It's certainly got lots of bells and whistles on it.

Thanks Rich, it's appreciated mate. Well done on that one, I see I'm not the only one suffering with the rain at the moment.

* Correction - FLIR, as they now own Armasight.

10 x. grant has contact for repairs. the x sight is great and as you say has all the bells and whistles. but anyone that knows me will tell you i switch it on shoot it and switch it off. because i would not have a clue how to use all that other rubbish:lol: before mike says it i keep things simple