Fox club

WelshMike

40 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Yep good work Mike and Ed .

I ventured out last night under the full moon , very bright , still and -2 with a ground frost ...........

Targeted a particular fox I saw last week but nothing showed so moved to another spot about 3 miles away . It was like daylight but nothing ventured nothing gained.

After 15 minutes of calling this smelly vixen turned up which I dropped at 80 yds :)

avwY5ch.jpg

top job. the cold weather seems to be getting them interested in the calls. 

had a call tonight with chickens being taken so tomorrow night will be sat over the hen house 

Edited by bumpy22

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Yep good work Mike and Ed .

I ventured out last night under the full moon , very bright , still and -2 with a ground frost ...........

Targeted a particular fox I saw last week but nothing showed so moved to another spot about 3 miles away . It was like daylight but nothing ventured nothing gained.

After 15 minutes of calling this smelly vixen turned up which I dropped at 80 yds

avwY5ch.jpg

Nice one Mark :good:

Headed back out on Saturday night to have a look at the chicken farm and another farm close by. The full moon was hidden behind cloud so it wasnt a bad night. I stopped at the top of my drive just to see if anything was in the top field. Parked the truck on the lane had a quick look an there was a fox in the field. Rifle out, loaded, NV on and set up on the bonnet. Fox no 1 down . I took the pic the next day as I didnt see the need to go and walk to the top of the field to pick her up :lol:

oG7620d.jpg

Headed over to the chicken farm and it started to go a little wrong....due to human error of course lol. I parked up and checked the first field..nothing. Set the rifle up as I was going to see if calling brought any luck. I walked up the field to set the caller up..without the rifle, flicked the torch and there were 2 foxes...by the time I got back to the rifle they were the top side of the lane so no chance of a shot...watched the one wander off presenting plenty of opportunities for a shot..if the road wasnt there. No amount of calling would get them to come back ...numpty :lol:

Over to farm 2, arrived, parked, got out, quick scan with the torch...fox at about 70 yards. Walked to the other side of the truck, rifle out, set up on the bonnet just as a car on the main road lit me up......amazingly the fox was still sat there after the car passed and down she went. Stunning vixen 

PzCVVvH.jpg

Saw two more before the night was over but neither presented a safe shot. 

41 minutes ago, oowee said:

Cracking top picture mike. I would put that forward for the PW calendar. 

:lol: Thanks Grant. I should have tried to avoid showing the pool of blood on the grass. The buzzards and red kites seem to like dead foxes at our place so it is easy to find them in the morning lol 

50 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

Top work mike. The chicken units are the ones to get on. I have been amazed at this last one 30 and counting. With a few more still about. saying that I have 2 very tricky ones on different patches. Slightest squeak and they are gone. There luck will run out soon

Cheers Ed. I have kept the foxes down for a few years now but there are always a steady stream to deal with (no surprise there). I have had some tricky ones as well..any sign of light or movement and they are gone..40 hours over 2 weeks and a bit of luck dealt with the last one. As you say their luck will eventually run out..keep at em buddy :good:

6 minutes ago, racing snake said:

Nice work Mike!

Blank for me Saturday night. Walked a big plot but didn't see anything. Moon was a pain though. Mist scuppered last night's outing, so will try again tonight.

Thanks Stu. I got caught out by the moon. Spotted a fox at the top of a field with no safe shot..then the moon came out and lit up the field like it was the middle of the day...went home at this point. 

Good luck for tonight mate, heading back out myself as it looks like the only dry night of the week. 

8 hours ago, WelshMike said:

Thanks Stu. I got caught out by the moon. Spotted a fox at the top of a field with no safe shot..then the moon came out and lit up the field like it was the middle of the day...went home at this point. 

Good luck for tonight mate, heading back out myself as it looks like the only dry night of the week. 

Cheers mate, moon's still bad but improving.

Bad luck on the miss Mark. All get them.

Out for a couple of hours tonight, up to a nice plot I'd not been near since August. Moon was still being a pain but managed to hide myself well into a hawthorn bush, with the caller out 100 yards in the field. Only just started it up with the beer can call and I see a fox come through the fence at the bottom left of the field. He was semi interested, but was trying to get around the caller to wind it. Watched him through the thermal as he slowly worked up and right, then he stops, turns tail and runs off. What the heck! Quickly scanned back to the right and see another fox bolting from the caller heading towards fox number 1. Had been concentrating so much on the first fox I didn't bother to check to see if there was another come in. Second fox disappeared out of sight but the first one was still hanging around at the edge of the field. After about 5 minutes of calling him I got him to about 200 yards then he wouldn't budge. OK, that'll will do, got him in the crosshairs and down he went. Cracking dog fox in lovely nick.

Picked him up and gave it a rest for ten minutes, then ran distressed rabbit on the caller, and after just a few minutes a fox appears where fox number 2 had headed to. She came to the caller quite confidently, so got it on mute and let her get a comfortable 100 yards away and gave her a shout to stop her. Stops side-on, easy as it gets. Didn't see anything else after that, but didn't hang around too long. Still feels like it's a waste of time walking the plots with that moon.

31126950657_64da89e863_c.jpg

Edited by racing snake

Nice pair Stew. Out with Bumpy tonight and nothing to write home about. Highlight was loosing the caller remote at one farm going back an hour later and finding it in the long grass. It was very cold here with frost on everything. Home early and I spot one on my field. I have all my chickens pegged out at the top so was hopeful. Wife is off to London early doors so had to sneak in bedroom and get rifle mod and bullets. Set up on the kitchen window and it was munching something at 155yds that turned out to be a pheasant rather than a chicken. 

garden_fox.jpg

Nice work Grant and Stu. I was out tonight but it was like daylight. Saw two of which one was mildly interested in the call but didn’t come close enough to present a shot. Very still and cold with freezing fog coming and going which made matters even worse. Frustrating night but will be out again this week, hopefully the moon ******* off too!

Nice work gents. 

Headed back out last night..what a pain in the backside....bright moon, crunchy grass, then fog......

Saw the first fox who also saw me...it was in a dip so no shot then off it went....fog started to get thicker so I headed back to the truck . On the way I heard some commotion in the bottom of one of the fields. Got the rifle set up and out a fox trotted ..went across the bottom of the field and then sat down..to be met with a 58 grain .243 in the side of the chest. Nice size dog fox and just before the visibility went down to about 5 meters 

NG2MrXB.jpg

Good work gentlemen👍what my polite partner did not mention last night was a miss at all of 60 yards by myself😕. Before the loss of remote. To say I was annoyed is a slight understatement. We have another night booked friday so hopefully I can redeem myself. Also have a fox being spotted in the day on a patch I will use shotgun on. Weather permitting I will try and call that's one in one afternoon this week

17 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

Good work gentlemen👍what my polite partner did not mention last night was a miss at all of 60 yards by myself😕. Before the loss of remote. To say I was annoyed is a slight understatement. We have another night booked friday so hopefully I can redeem myself. Also have a fox being spotted in the day on a patch I will use shotgun on. Weather permitting I will try and call that's one in one afternoon this week

Always the easy ones mate lol...bet you made some coarse remarks on the subject :lol: