Fox club

WelshMike

I went out last night on my mates small game shoot as we saw a lot of fox scat last week and was very confident of getting this fox pretty quick. On arrival at the chosen spot we ascended some bales , I hadn't even switched the caller on and a fox came through the hedge to our right :yes:

I knew it would be quick but not that quick , my mate quickly dropped it , turned out to be a vixen.

I then played rabbit distress on the caller and within seconds another fox came from the same direction and came right up to the caller , I think it actually touched it as it got a fright and ran off up the field , unfortunately my mate couldn't get on it ....

We then moved to another location again on top of some bales , after half hour of calling 2 foxes showed up , 1 not interested but the 2nd one came in cautiously to around 100 yds and was dispatched :yahoo:

On inspection she was heavily pregnant so I opened her up to see how far developed the cubs were and how many.

She had 7 cubs which is the most I have seen in a litter up North as usually its 4 ..........

This is the real side of fox control , this is a small game shoot and another 7 hungry mouths to feed would see the parents very busy mopping up the shoots partridges etc so a job well done even though some will I'm sure find it distasteful.

So in real terms that's 9 less foxes on the shoot ...

o3lWfMb.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

I went out last night on my mates small game shoot as we saw a lot of fox scat last week and was very confident of getting this fox pretty quick. On arrival at the chosen spot we ascended some bales , I hadn't even switched the caller on and a fox came through the hedge to our right :yes:

I knew it would be quick but not that quick , my mate quickly dropped it , turned out to be a vixen.

I then played rabbit distress on the caller and within seconds another fox came from the same direction and came right up to the caller , I think it actually touched it as it got a fright and ran off up the field , unfortunately my mate couldn't get on it ....

We then moved to another location again on top of some bales , after half hour of calling 2 foxes showed up , 1 not interested but the 2nd one came in cautiously to around 100 yds and was dispatched :yahoo:

On inspection she was heavily pregnant so I opened her up to see how far developed the cubs were and how many.

She had 7 cubs which is the most I have seen in a litter up North as usually its 4 ..........

This is the real side of fox control , this is a small game shoot and another 7 hungry mouths to feed would see the parents very busy mopping up the shoots partridges etc so a job well done even though some will I'm sure find it distasteful.

So in real terms that's 9 less foxes on the shoot ...

o3lWfMb.jpg

Top job as usual👍certainly saved some wildlife and game there. Had some rabbits this week but no luck on foxes yet

2 hours ago, bang bang birdy said:

One vixen 615am with 243 from highseat

39716D09-C349-4139-B2E1-9C7D022732C7.jpeg

well done. managed a nice one out of fox box last night. after missing one there twice in the week:mad: a quick rezero and a few hours sat waiting in my box. out he came straight to my bait site. the amount of other stuff i saw there last night was worth the wait

3 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Out yesterday afternoon , my mate shot 2 barren does . Then we had a look out lamping and added a small dog fox to the bag..

sounds like a good day. had a look round a new farm yesterday. looks some very promising ground with plenty of game on the ground. should keep me busy:)just need to find time to cover them all now:hmm:

23 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

sounds like a good day. had a look round a new farm yesterday. looks some very promising ground with plenty of game on the ground. should keep me busyjust need to find time to cover them all now

I will come down and give you a hand :lol:

Seriously though time is the big problem , never have enough of it.

16 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

I will come down and give you a hand :lol:

Very true. I could do every night of the week at the moment if i had time. 

One more vixen last night of one of the golf courses and a few rabbits. Little hmr did well considering gale force winds 

16 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

I will come down and give you a hand

Never a truer word spoken....forgotten what the rifle or a fox looks like :lol: However a very consistent start to the year...yep...1 fox Jan and 1 in Feb...pathetic :no:

Ignoring the time part the weather here has been vile of late..hopefully it improves next week so I can finish the roof and get out with the rifle. 

Keep up the good work gents :good:

1 hour ago, WelshMike said:

Never a truer word spoken....forgotten what the rifle or a fox looks like  However a very consistent start to the year...yep...1 fox Jan and 1 in Feb...pathetic 

Ignoring the time part the weather here has been vile of late..hopefully it improves next week so I can finish the roof and get out with the rifle. 

Keep up the good work gents :good:

Excuses excuses😂

15 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

The weather is carp all week , gales , rain , snow but it is March , Feb spoilt us.

Hopefully it will improve next week so can have a last look on most of my ground before season ends . April and May is buck time :yahoo:

Wish we had deer here...but then that would be something else I didnt have time to shoot :sad1: To be fair I have plenty of offers to go and shoot deer just dont have time for a weekend away..maybe 2020 lol. 

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Never mind Mike , once the mansion is finished you will be able to create your own deer park. Fill it with Red, Fallow and Sika and fox club members can help you with culling 🦌👍

LOL...we decided not to go with the deer farming side of things as the fencing was about £110,000.......It would have taken over 30 years to turn a profit. 

I ll head down to Devon and Dorset and shoot the ******* for free instead :lol:

we had another out of the fox box last night. with weather being awful i decided not to bother going out. but when the wife put her usual catch up tv on:no:it was time to go out. decided to sit in box as the ever flow of foxes is always a draw. got set up with coffee in hand and thermal in the other. waited a hour or so in between heavy downpours when i decided to give a few squeaks. immediately a fox comes in from the far corner. my mate who was on his rifle watched it through his x sight. as i told him to wait it will come closer. as i was calling i notice another not 30 yards from box. i grab rifle but its off. so back on to first fox and mate pulls off a cracking shot at just under 200 yards. a large vixen heavy in cub. that is well over 60 now of this one permission since late summer last year. just goes to show how many foxes there are when you put the effort in to get at them. i suspect it will be over a hundred foxes taken of here in the calendar year. there seems to be no slowing up

Well done Bumpy , some amount of foxes off one place , doesn't happen like that up here.

Had a look out last night , did call one in but never noticed it til it was 50 yards to my right , it quickly ran off but hung up on a far bank behind some trees , Unfortunately I couldn't get a shot at it.

Think my foxing is more or less finished for this year unless any causing trouble. Not many about to be fair.

Was out stalking with my mate yesterday , he managed 2 does , saw plenty including a clean 6 pointer. Then had a quick lamp for a particular fox we knew of , it screamed in to the cub call in under a minute of calling ,  an old dog fox.

No pic of fox as was a bit messy ............

HmK6rzv.jpg

2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Was out stalking with my mate yesterday , he managed 2 does , saw plenty including a clean 6 pointer. Then had a quick lamp for a particular fox we knew of , it screamed in to the cub call in under a minute of calling ,  an old dog fox.

No pic of fox as was a bit messy ............

HmK6rzv.jpg

Top job. Just got in from new ground where they are due to lamb very shortly. Managed to get 3 which is quite a surprise considering there were 5 of us in the field when i was calling them in. Also like daylight with full moon and no wind. Happy landowner and a few more on the ground