Fox club

WelshMike

3 hours ago, WelshMike said:

Gents...sorry for the absence...the house and other things has somewhat taken over. 

Well done all round on the fox shooting efforts ...and fencing work 

I have been so busy that I havent had chance (or need) to be out after the foxes. Bumpy asked me whether the rifles had seized up and then suggested that I was working for Wild Justice lol. I had checked with my chicken farm owner and all was quiet so more refurb work on the house...must have tempted fate as he called yesterday to say they had lost some chickens. Finished doing brickwork about 21.15 last night and by the time I cleared up and got all the kit it was about 22.30 and dark enough to head out. I took my camping chair and set up watching the one pen but after about 30 mins needed to stretch my legs so went for a walk to warm up...second stint saw nothing but there were 80 or more birds out so I couldnt risk leaving them...about 23.15 I decided to put the chair back in the truck before going for a walk round. In the couple of minutes I took to drop the chair off the fox was in the pen finishing off the first of its victims. Quick chest shot at about 100 yards and Mrs fox was down. Farmer is happy and hopefully I can catch up with the rest of the family in the next week. There are woods everywhere along with badger sets and lots of owners who dont like shooting so never simple. 

Keep up the good work. 

I thought you must have died as you always ignore my calls 😭 you should have plenty foxes come Autumn then......me thinks a trip to Wales will be in order👍🦊

Edited by FOXHUNTER1

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

I thought you must have died as you always ignore my calls 😭 you should have plenty foxes come Autumn then......me thinks a trip to Wales will be in order👍🦊

Did you try and call me bud? I didnt notice a missed call on the phone.....

You are more then welcome to come down though you keep promising only to let me down :lol:. We have a few at home but I havent bothered with them until the fields are cut for hay in a few weeks time. I shot a magpie in the pig pen and hung it on the gate and that was gone overnight. 

1 hour ago, WelshMike said:

Did you try and call me bud? I didnt notice a missed call on the phone.....

You are more then welcome to come down though you keep promising only to let me down :lol:. We have a few at home but I havent bothered with them until the fields are cut for hay in a few weeks time. I shot a magpie in the pig pen and hung it on the gate and that was gone overnight. 

Rang a few times Mike but no luck you probably cudnt hear the phone ringing at other wing in the mansion 😄 let me know when it's a good time and I will try my best 👍

18 minutes ago, The Wickerman said:

A couple of mine from over the last few months, I sure i will find more on my phone.

20180628_000518.jpg

20180827_220518.jpg

Good work mate. Keep posting on here. It has been a bit quiet on here with Cubs being underground and our boss renovating his mansion. But all should be back in order soon

3 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

Good work mate. Keep posting on here. It has been a bit quiet on here with Cubs being underground and our boss renovating his mansion. But all should be back in order soon

Ill have a look through my files, there must be others, & i'm out again tomorrow night so fingers crossed.

Out last night in one of my favourite foxing high seat, spotted a fox about 830pm 200 yards away against a far hedge line no safe backstop and live stock near by, tried calling it in but only managed to call in a herd of cows with calf’s. 30 minutes later a different fox came out for behind me nailed him about 60 yards away. I left him where he dropped. As the light was going I climbed down to retrieve the fox, just as I was going tovclimb the fence to pick it up I spotted a young fallow stag across the field. These are very elusive on this permission so I spent a couple of minutes filming him through the pard 008. The fallow moved out of view so I climbed the fence to pick up the fox, as I had one leg either side of the fence I looked to my left and there was another Charlie 20 yards to my left just trotting up the hedge line. He looked at me i looked at him. I thought f&%k it if I had just waited 20 seconds longer could have got two Charlie’s.

never mind it will be there for another day

15807659-913C-4A03-B87E-496CF2CFCFEC.jpeg

11 hours ago, bang bang birdy said:

Out last night in one of my favourite foxing high seat, spotted a fox about 830pm 200 yards away against a far hedge line no safe backstop and live stock near by, tried calling it in but only managed to call in a herd of cows with calf’s. 30 minutes later a different fox came out for behind me nailed him about 60 yards away. I left him where he dropped. As the light was going I climbed down to retrieve the fox, just as I was going tovclimb the fence to pick it up I spotted a young fallow stag across the field. These are very elusive on this permission so I spent a couple of minutes filming him through the pard 008. The fallow moved out of view so I climbed the fence to pick up the fox, as I had one leg either side of the fence I looked to my left and there was another Charlie 20 yards to my left just trotting up the hedge line. He looked at me i looked at him. I thought f&%k it if I had just waited 20 seconds longer could have got two Charlie’s.

Well done. While I has no luck on the buck I have seen apart from bumping him on the walk back to the truck. I carried on to another sheep farm and managed to call in a barren vixen last light. Still not many showing yet

On 31/05/2019 at 22:50, bang bang birdy said:

Nicely done mate

On 01/06/2019 at 10:12, bumpy22 said:

Well done. While I has no luck on the buck I have seen apart from bumping him on the walk back to the truck. I carried on to another sheep farm and managed to call in a barren vixen last light. Still not many showing yet

Well done on the fox Ed, sure the buck will be in the freezer shortly.  

A good one last night. Had a dog fox early evening. Set the foxpro up in the long grass and with a reluctant  approach managed to drop him not 15 yards from caller In broad daylight.

Second one was very similar to first but a very mangey barren vixen in poor condition after dark. Came flying into caller without stopping. Then shot on its retreat with a bark to stop her.

Third and final was another dog fox. Which was shot on the way back to truck. Would not respond to a call. So a satisfying shot to drop him at the end of night.

Was not really planning a foxing session as only took hmr for so much needed food for ferret kits. But turned into a good session. No Cubs and no wet vixens

20190604_121149.jpg

20190604_121619.jpg

20190604_121510.jpg

Edited by bumpy22

3 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

A good one last night. Had a dog fox early evening. Set the foxpro up in the long grass and with a reluctant  approach managed to drop him not 15 yards from caller In broad daylight.

Second one was very similar to first but a very mangey barren vixen in poor condition after dark. Came flying into caller without stopping. Then shot on its retreat with a bark to stop her.

Third and final was another dog fox. Which was shot on the way back to truck. Would not respond to a call. So a satisfying shot to drop him at the end of night.

Was not really planning a foxing session as only took hmr for so much needed food for ferret kits. But turned into a good session. No Cubs and no wet vixens

Nicely done Ed, good result. I have seen a couple of good sized cubs either dead on the road or crossing the road at night. Once the silage is off at home in a couple of weeks time I ll see whats about. Missing having the time to get out with the rifle.....mansion is getting there...still a bit of skirting to finish off :lol:

On 04/06/2019 at 21:07, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Nice work Bumpy.

Out with my mate on Sunday evening. Stalked into a nice buck which he shot at around 90 yds , after the buck dropped I glassed round to the right and noticed a fox heading towards us , so a quick shuffle and a dog fox was added to :good:

WiBOCnJ.jpg

Nice one Mark :good:

On 04/06/2019 at 21:07, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Nice work Bumpy.

Out with my mate on Sunday evening. Stalked into a nice buck which he shot at around 90 yds , after the buck dropped I glassed round to the right and noticed a fox heading towards us , so a quick shuffle and a dog fox was added to :good:

WiBOCnJ.jpg

Good work 👍one of my mates went out last night and had 5. I was going to go but just did not fancy getting up for work following morning. He said Cubs were active and busy spotting more well into early hours 

Out last night sat in the high seats I saw nothing apart from a badger till last light. I had spoken to my keeper mate who was also out. He had a dog fox. We’ve a bit of a competition going and I’m winning so I thought I’d stay out as long as possible, it paid off, had a vixen at 80 yards.

My mate called to ask if I had got one. I said I had and said goodnight to him. Walking back to my car he called again saying he had just drop a vixen. 

721E55E7-B464-4057-89CC-7ED42652D40D.jpeg

2 hours ago, bang bang birdy said:

Out last night sat in the high seats I saw nothing apart from a badger till last light. I had spoken to my keeper mate who was also out. He had a dog fox. We’ve a bit of a competition going and I’m winning so I thought I’d stay out as long as possible, it paid off, had a vixen at 80 yards.

My mate called to ask if I had got one. I said I had and said goodnight to him. Walking back to my car he called again saying he had just drop a vixen. 

721E55E7-B464-4057-89CC-7ED42652D40D.jpeg

Good result. Bit unsporting shooting it while it was on top of a gate though :lol:

I had another 2 last night. First one was out of fox box on chicken farm. Spotted it rolling in the gravel behind my truck. Just like a sand bath. He then carried on out in field for a safe shot. A very poor looking old dog fox. Which makes 67 in just under a year

Second one was a dry vixen that was spotted on another farm on the way home she didseem to be good condition . With a simple shot as she stopped before going through hedge20190609_100928.jpg.cad88d94f54e3730f40b7ff52b9b44d7.jpg

20190609_100731.jpg

Edited by bumpy22

Well done m8 not many spots can do up here with no silage cut and crops .So headed out at 3.30 this morning, bloody chilly needed gloves lol. Anyway a dog Walker was out at 4am and knacked up some of the ground, actually spotted a roe in field ahead of him slink in to wood. Then continued to only see does ☹

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Well done m8 not many spots can do up here with no silage cut and crops .So headed out at 3.30 this morning, bloody chilly needed gloves lol. Anyway a dog Walker was out at 4am and knacked up some of the ground, actually spotted a roe in field ahead of him slink in to wood. Then continued to only see does ☹

Good effort. I was just coming in lol. Saw a few roeearly evening  but nothing suitable. Dog walkers are great arent they. I have been shouted at in my woods by them for shooting. Then explained it was mine and private they don't say alot

2 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Good effort. I was just coming in lol. Saw a few roeearly evening  but nothing suitable. Dog walkers are great arent they. I have been shouted at in my woods by them for shooting. Then explained it was mine and private they don't say alot

I feel like a peasant with Mike owning a mansion and you owning woods .