Fox club

WelshMike

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another big dog last night or rather this morning.  I moved my tower into place yesterday afternoon where a fox had killed geese two nights running so a very good chance of it coming back. Got in place at 10.15pm and he didn't turn up till 3.05am I nearly packed up and went home as it was getting quite light by then but luckily I stayed in place.an easy 70 yard shot and £150.

35 minutes ago, oowee said:

That is a job and a half mate. Paid to shoot every time i c your posts lol. Catching up with posts by the pool in vilamoura. 

Yes I only shoot for one company so I get paid for every fox. But considering geese are worth up to £80 at Christmas. they are more than happy with the cost. Unfortunately no holidays for me until January as iam on call while the geese are out.

19 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

I feel like a peasant with Mike owning a mansion and you owning woods .

But my skirting boards still need lots of work :lol:

17 hours ago, bornfree said:

Another big dog last night or rather this morning.  I moved my tower into place yesterday afternoon where a fox had killed geese two nights running so a very good chance of it coming back. Got in place at 10.15pm and he didn't turn up till 3.05am I nearly packed up and went home as it was getting quite light by then but luckily I stayed in place.an easy 70 yard shot and £150.

:good:

16 hours ago, oowee said:

That is a job and a half mate. Paid to shoot every time i c your posts lol. Catching up with posts by the pool in vilamoura. 

Hard life for some eh Grant :lol: Hope your keeping well mate. 

I ventured out the other evening and saw nothing except a badger cub rooting about in a wood so I decided to see if I could stalk in close and touch it with my sticks. I got within a few feet of it and touched it with my sticks expecting it to run off but instead it squared up to me and gave me a telling off 😄

2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

I ventured out the other evening and saw nothing except a badger cub rooting about in a wood so I decided to see if I could stalk in close and touch it with my sticks. I got within a few feet of it and touched it with my sticks expecting it to run off but instead it squared up to me and gave me a telling off 😄

I knew you were strange mate but what goes on in your head...molesting badgers...really :lol:

We went out for a few hours the other night. When I arrived about 9 Jack was leaning over a fence squeaking a fox in. As his fox call sounds more like a duck call, I was dubious, but sure enough, a skinny cub stopped in its tracks and came trotting towards us. Unfortunately this was a horse paddock and not somewhere we can shoot. We chatted for a while, waited for it get a bit darker then headed out. 

Pretty soon we saw 3 young foxes looking at us from the bushes. Right behind them was a main road, so we left them to it. Strangely we didn't see any more cubs for the rest of the evening.

The first hour after dark was pretty quiet but it's often like that where we go. Soon a fox presented itself behind a forked tree. I could only see its head and chest but enough of it to take the shot. Jack lit it up and as I took the shot, it moved just far enough to see the bullet hit the ground just behind where it had been. Damn.

Shortly after that a dog fox was laying on the ground about 100 yards away, and it wasn't at all put off by the lamp. The 223 did its job and the first one of the night was in the bag.

It went quiet for a bit after that and as I was drinking my coffee, my glamorous assistant spotted a vixen through the thermal. He whispered to get the gun and indicated where it was. As he lit it up, I took the shot. A vixen took off running but we found it dead in the undergrowth about 30 yards away. While we were dragging it out, another appeared only 70-80 yards away and that was another vixen accounted for.

My turn to be spotter and Jack's to be shooter. It didn't look good for him as there was nothing visible through the spotter and it was getting cold. We persevered for a bit and rounding a corner I could see an oval of white though the spotter about 2 feet off the ground. I thought it might be a pile of compost giving me the heat signature, but as we got closer the image went orange and it was a fox laying on top of a pile of grass clippings. I told Jack roughly where it was and when he was ready I lit it up and he gave it a good headshot. Vixen number 3, fox number 4 for the evening. He was made up as he can be a bit sulky if he doesn't get anything. :angel:

It was nearly 1 a.m by then. We had a quick look round then headed back to the car. Nice when it works out like that. 

3 hours ago, walshie said:

We went out for a few hours the other night. When I arrived about 9 Jack was leaning over a fence squeaking a fox in. As his fox call sounds more like a duck call, I was dubious, but sure enough, a skinny cub stopped in its tracks and came trotting towards us. Unfortunately this was a horse paddock and not somewhere we can shoot. We chatted for a while, waited for it get a bit darker then headed out. 

Pretty soon we saw 3 young foxes looking at us from the bushes. Right behind them was a main road, so we left them to it. Strangely we didn't see any more cubs for the rest of the evening.

The first hour after dark was pretty quiet but it's often like that where we go. Soon a fox presented itself behind a forked tree. I could only see its head and chest but enough of it to take the shot. Jack lit it up and as I took the shot, it moved just far enough to see the bullet hit the ground just behind where it had been. Damn.

Shortly after that a dog fox was laying on the ground about 100 yards away, and it wasn't at all put off by the lamp. The 223 did its job and the first one of the night was in the bag.

It went quiet for a bit after that and as I was drinking my coffee, my glamorous assistant spotted a vixen through the thermal. He whispered to get the gun and indicated where it was. As he lit it up, I took the shot. A vixen took off running but we found it dead in the undergrowth about 30 yards away. While we were dragging it out, another appeared only 70-80 yards away and that was another vixen accounted for.

My turn to be spotter and Jack's to be shooter. It didn't look good for him as there was nothing visible through the spotter and it was getting cold. We persevered for a bit and rounding a corner I could see an oval of white though the spotter about 2 feet off the ground. I thought it might be a pile of compost giving me the heat signature, but as we got closer the image went orange and it was a fox laying on top of a pile of grass clippings. I told Jack roughly where it was and when he was ready I lit it up and he gave it a good headshot. Vixen number 3, fox number 4 for the evening. He was made up as he can be a bit sulky if he doesn't get anything. :angel:

It was nearly 1 a.m by then. We had a quick look round then headed back to the car. Nice when it works out like that. 

Good numbers and a good night by the sounds of it👍

12 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Good night,  cant wait to get started when the fields come off...

You will be too busy bothering fluffy badgers by the sounds of if :lol:

15 hours ago, walshie said:

Good result. 

50 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Cheers m8 is it the 008 ?

18 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

No 007 but had a look through the 008 last night on mates rifle. Very good compact unit. With very clear image

....oh dear...a slippery slope Mark :lol: this isnt going to end well. 

8 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Still fighting fit m8...put you youngsters to shame 😋

I didnt see anything resembling a hill when I came up and saw you....get yourself down here but best bringing your mobility scooter so I dont cause you too much shame :lol::lol:

Had a half grown cub out of MK2 fox box at last light. Saw another in the far hedge but no clear shot. Went up to the original box and had one come in the field come in the field late on but no luck. Seems to be a few about on the move now. With cubs being pushed out to hunt. 

Had pard on trial but could not get as good a picture through leupold as I can with ward. Still a good unit just think a cheaper scope with less coatings work better with these add ons 

Well done Bumpy. Had a call from a farmer yesterday asking to have a look out for a fox as he lost a few of his ducks the previous night. Had a quick look with the light but saw nothing , bed at 1am and back out again at 3.30 am :crazy:

32FqShx.jpg

Arrived at farm 3.45 am and spotted a fox in front field , a quick crawl through some long grass and shot a tiny vixen ragging on an old deer skin from my bait station.:yes:

rsMq32B.jpg

I then continued stalking in search of a good buck I had seen  , no sign of him but I spied this youngster coming up a hedgerow towards me , up on sticks and let him come , neck shot at 20yds :good:

zh8BSPv.jpg

What a great start to Fathers Day , a fox and a buck within 30 mins .....

UVfubqg.jpg

2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Well done Bumpy. Had a call from a farmer yesterday asking to have a look out for a fox as he lost a few of his ducks the previous night. Had a quick look with the light but saw nothing , bed at 1am and back out again at 3.30 am

32FqShx.jpg

Arrived at farm 3.45 am and spotted a fox in front field , a quick crawl through some long grass and shot a tiny vixen ragging on an old deer skin from my bait station.

rsMq32B.jpg

I then continued stalking in search of a good buck I had seen  , no sign of him but I spied this youngster coming up a hedgerow towards me , up on sticks and let him come , neck shot at 20yds :good:

zh8BSPv.jpg

UVfubqg.jpg

Well done sir👍just had a phone call from a mate of one of my farms. Keeps losing chickens to foxes. Do I have a remedy🤔

17 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Had a half grown cub out of MK2 fox box at last light. Saw another in the far hedge but no clear shot. Went up to the original box and had one come in the field come in the field late on but no luck. Seems to be a few about on the move now. With cubs being pushed out to hunt. 

Had pard on trial but could not get as good a picture through leupold as I can with ward. Still a good unit just think a cheaper scope with less coatings work better with these add ons 

13 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Well done Bumpy. Had a call from a farmer yesterday asking to have a look out for a fox as he lost a few of his ducks the previous night. Had a quick look with the light but saw nothing , bed at 1am and back out again at 3.30 am

32FqShx.jpg

Arrived at farm 3.45 am and spotted a fox in front field , a quick crawl through some long grass and shot a tiny vixen ragging on an old deer skin from my bait station.

rsMq32B.jpg

zh8BSPv.jpg

UVfubqg.jpg

Well done gents