WelshMike

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Well lads took the plunge and bought a pard nv008...going on my HMR to start with bashing bunnies. What did you think bumpy?

The 007 was not quite as good as my ward. But saying that the 008 is a different unit and looks very good. Next on my shopping list for my hmr. 

Look forward to a full report but I am certain you will be very happy. What ir have you got to go on it?

34 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

The 007 was not quite as good as my ward. But saying that the 008 is a different unit and looks very good. Next on my shopping list for my hmr. 

Look forward to a full report but I am certain you will be very happy. What ir have you got to go on it?

Not getting external ir just sticking with onboard ir as good enough. 

22 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Well lads took the plunge and bought a pard nv008...going on my HMR to start with bashing bunnies. What did you think bumpy?

If the NV kit I have is anything to go by the external IR makes a world of difference.  Try it and see what you think but  I reckon you will be surprised.  

Out again tonight another dog fox in the same spot as Friday, after telling some youth to sling there hook tearing around the woods on f#$king motor bikes. Makes my blood boil!

1EFB0051-11C4-48D0-BF69-F4B7A9C0DC41.jpeg

7 hours ago, WelshMike said:

If the NV kit I have is anything to go by the external IR makes a world of difference.  Try it and see what you think but  I reckon you will be surprised.  

On 26/06/2019 at 21:41, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Not getting external ir just sticking with onboard ir as good enough. 

I’ve got a Solaris laser and it does make it better but the on board is more than good enough for sensible foxing range in deepest darkest Oxfordshire.

10 hours ago, bang bang birdy said:

Out again tonight another dog fox in the same spot as Friday, after telling some youth to sling there hook tearing around the woods on f#$king motor bikes. Makes my blood boil!

1EFB0051-11C4-48D0-BF69-F4B7A9C0DC41.jpeg

I’ve got a Solaris laser and it does make it better but the on board is more than good enough for sensible foxing range in deepest darkest Oxfordshire.

Well done. I think an additional IR would surprise foxhunter

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Thanks guys...I will try onboard to start with see what I think and get external if I'm not happy. Only on hmr to start with so ranges close.

Ive tried a few different extra IR s like EVOs ect, a black sun might help, but the difference between the onboard  is minimal.
If you want to reach out further you need a Sirius or Solaris laser strapped to the side.

200 yards is a good comfortable range to ID and shoot at with a 008s on board IR, you could spot out much further.
At 265 yards in pitch blackness I can read a car number plate.

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Ive tried a few different extra IR s like EVOs ect, a black sun might help, but the difference between the onboard  is minimal.
If you want to reach out further you need a Sirius or Solaris laser strapped to the side.

200 yards is a good comfortable range to ID and shoot at with a 008s on board IR, you could spot out much further.
At 265 yards in pitch blackness I can read a car number plate.

Cheers m8 👍

I had a call of the latest farm I have picked up to say grass has been cut. In the sweltering heat I certainly did not fancy wandering about so left it till about 9 30. Parked the truck under a tree. First fo was spotted by my mate at about 10 30 but went straight down far hedge not presenting a shot. Half hour later one came out of top hedge. Waited for it to come across the field and dropped perfectly by the little t1x again. That's 3 of this new ground in as many trips

20190629_090259.jpg

14 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

My mate who is rfd said they are bringing out a rangefinding 008. That should be some bit of kit

From what I can gather it's going to be an add on, so existing pards can benefit. 

Apparently it's in its final testing phase, so may be available this year. 

8 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

I had a call of the latest farm I have picked up to say grass has been cut. In the sweltering heat I certainly did not fancy wandering about so left it till about 9 30. Parked the truck under a tree. First fo was spotted by my mate at about 10 30 but went straight down far hedge not presenting a shot. Half hour later one came out of top hedge. Waited for it to come across the field and dropped perfectly by the little t1x again. That's 3 of this new ground in as many trips

20190629_090259.jpg

Nice one m8. No foxing for me as got a call to shoot corvids on laid barley for crop protection. So I was set up at 3.30 am I must be mad 🤯 very slow shooting but managed a respectable bag of 67 mixed woodies and corvids 😀

4 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Nice one m8. No foxing for me as got a call to shoot corvids on laid barley for crop protection. So I was set up at 3.30 am I must be mad 🤯 very slow shooting but managed a respectable bag of 67 mixed woodies and corvids 😀

Top job and good effort at that time of day. Certainly a very respectable bag. I am waiting for the first write up with your pard though

11 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Top job and good effort at that time of day. Certainly a very respectable bag. I am waiting for the first write up with your pard though

It has arrived just need to get it on the rifle and zero it. Will let you know how I get on once I get out with it.

Good work all round gents. Mansion duties for the last few days so no shooting :no: Looks like the "argument" that was brewing from last week thanks to a certain lincs based pigeon shooter has all been deleted...no bad thing really. 

Hopefully I ll get out a couple of times in the next week once the silage is cleared on a couple of farms.  

2 hours ago, WelshMike said:

Good work all round gents. Mansion duties for the last few days so no shooting :no: Looks like the "argument" that was brewing from last week thanks to a certain lincs based pigeon shooter has all been deleted...no bad thing really. 

Hopefully I ll get out a couple of times in the next week once the silage is cleared on a couple of farms.  

Did notice that mike😡 was going to comment but thought you did good job. It amazes me some stuff I read. In fairness does not do the sport a favour so we need to bite our tongue I suppose

3 hours ago, WelshMike said:

What argument? Missed it 🤔

Had a call last night from a farmer who had just had a hen taken by a fox at 6.30pm. I said I would have a look but very limited due to all the fields being in crop , I set myself up on top of the hen house but it never returned . I went for a wander as needed to stretch my legs and came across this cub laid down just looking at me , only 20 yds away and totally unconcerned . 1st cub of 2019 for me :)

GldOGhz.jpg

2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Had a call last night from a farmer who had just had a hen taken by a fox at 6.30pm. I said I would have a look but very limited due to all the fields being in crop , I set myself up on top of the hen house but it never returned . I went for a wander as needed to stretch my legs and came across this cub laid down just looking at me , only 20 yds away and totally unconcerned . 1st cub of 2019 for me :)

GldOGhz.jpg

Well done. Have you tried your pard yet.?