Fox club

WelshMike

42 mixed corvids this morning before work :good: I didnt encounter any vulgar Northern  midgets either which is always a bonus in the early hours of the morning :lol:. The pigs seemed a little confused to be fed at 3.30 rather then 7.00 but still came out and were demolishing their feed as I left....best get on with some work lol 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sat up my parents last night for a few hours waiting for the deer to show in the garden. Luckily the temperature had dropped slightly from the last few nights as I thought this would bring the deer out to feed earlier. 

After a hours wait a doe appeared much to my frustration I watched her feeding on every bit of veg that was growing in the garden😡20190711_211010.jpg.2466e0145add3831e8cd1f70ba8a79f3.jpg

About half an hour later she suddenly shot across to the left. Then back to the right at speed. Stood staring at the far corner. I knew this would be another deer by her reaction. A minute or so later and out he comes from cover. A mature buck not a great head but considering the deer have only been present in this area in the last ten years or so not bad. A short wait and he stopped on a been row. With a nice neck shot dropped on the spot. The shot sent the doe crashing away. Hopefully for a long time considering the damage. A nice evening and good to take the first one where my family have owned the land for generations. 20190712_100910.jpg.60769667cd28898378ae3cd69e0cf491.jpg

Edited by bumpy22

2 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Sat up my parents last night for a few hours waiting for the deer to show in the garden. Luckily the temperature had dropped slightly from the last few nights as I thought this would bring the deer out to feed earlier. 

After a hours wait a doe appeared much to my frustration I watched her feeding on every bit of veg that was growing in the garden😡20190711_211010.jpg.2466e0145add3831e8cd1f70ba8a79f3.jpg

About half an hour later she suddenly shot across to the left. Then back to the right at speed. Stood staring at the far corner. I knew this would be another deer by her reaction. A minute or so later and out he comes from cover. A mature buck not a great head but considering the deer have only been present in this area in the last ten years or so not bad. A short wait and he stopped on a been row. With a nice neck shot dropped on the spot. The shot sent the doe crashing away. Hopefully for a long time considering the damage. A nice evening and good to take the first one where my family have owned the land for generations. 20190712_100910.jpg.60769667cd28898378ae3cd69e0cf491.jpg

Cracking job Ed. Thats an impressive garden your parents have :good:

I’ve been waiting for weeks for the tenant shepherd to get the grass cut on my main bit of ground. He’s finally made a start today, so I went for a sit out at dusk & 20 mins later, dropped this injured vixen as she limped across the cut hay 170yds below me.   

291F71B7-01D8-4F97-8EB0-FE807258AD74.jpeg.12febd20c9c07adf611cd78d853bec3b.jpeg

👍Its a pain waiting for the crops to be cut but hopefully get a look out tonight  on some cut grass. 

11 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

I am afraid it did not help my school work. Let's just say took priority over the homework

I bet you have great memories though.  I never started shooting etc....until I was 17 years old as nobody shoots in my family...I am the black sheep of the family. 

3 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

👍Its a pain waiting for the crops to be cut but hopefully get a look out tonight  on some cut grass. 

I bet you have great memories though.  I never started shooting etc....until I was 17 years old as nobody shoots in my family...I am the black sheep of the family. 

Certainly have some stories to tell. Could write a book lol

Thanks for stupid cubs is all I can say. Waited from 10.30 till 2.45 for a fox last night and it was a 3/4 grown cub around 100 yards and sitting up and facing away from me should have been an easy shot but I pulled off to the side and missed luckily it just ran 20 yards towards me and stood broadside on ,

so second time lucky 

Good work gents :good:

Headed out saturday night as the farmer said there were a few about and most of the grass was a height where I could shoot...that was kind of true but the foxes seemed to be in the part where the grass was about 3 foot high :lol:

It was a full moon which didnt help. There are a couple of patches of woodland that normally hold litters of cubs so I headed to the first and spotted a fox heading towards me down the track so set the sticks up. The cub stopped at about 60 yards and no 1 was down. Headed to the side of the wood and saw 2 more in the thermal. These were in some long grass so a bit of patience and no 2 was down...no 3 disappeared. A bot more waiting and faffing about and then I heard the vixen making a racket the far side of the farm....waded through 3 foot of wet grass to get there and she appeared the far side of the field in long grass so no shot....she then headed about 200 yards and carried on screaming her head off...headed to try and intercept her and saw a cub next to the other 2 so cub no 3 dropped. At this point it was coming up to 2 so I headed home. Hopefully once the grass is cleared on the bit where I want to shoot It should be a liitle easier lol 

Vjr7CdE.jpg

Just now, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Nice result Mike,  long grass is a pain..

Cheers Mark. Its always typical that the worst field is the one that the foxes want to be in :lol: I was lucky that there is a track that runs back to the farm and I shot 2 or the 3 on that. Glad you didnt do the rifle any damage when you dropped it. 

A quick drive around with the air rifle last night to get some rabbits. Did a few patches and ended up at chicken farm where there are alot. Walking round the shed when all of a sudden the chickens took up. A quick scan round the corner and a fox is sat by the hedge. I wait for him to disappear run back to truck. Change airgun for rimfire. A quick manoeuvre to the corner. In position a bit of squeaking and in fly a young dog fox to be met at 20 ft. 4 more needed to reach my tally for year by end of august20190716_082614.jpg.23790201e1b72844d283a22bab0bf5f3.jpg

Edited by bumpy22

6 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

A quick drive around with the air rifle last night to get some rabbits. Did a few patches and ended up at chicken farm where there are alot. Walking round the shed when all of a sudden the chickens took up. A quick scan round the corner and a fox is sat by the hedge. I wait for him to disappear run back to truck. Change airgun for rimfire. A quick manoeuvre to the corner. In position a bit of squeaking and in fly a young dog fox to be met at 20 ft. 4 more needed to reach my tally for year by end of august20190716_082614.jpg.23790201e1b72844d283a22bab0bf5f3.jpg

Brilliant m8 👍

On 12/07/2019 at 23:31, Bumble said:

I’ve been waiting for weeks for the tenant shepherd to get the grass cut on my main bit of ground. He’s finally made a start today, so I went for a sit out at dusk & 20 mins later, dropped this injured vixen as she limped across the cut hay 170yds below me.   

Nice work Bumble. I have been out looking at Bucks last couple of days and the cover on some of my perms would hide elephants. 

On 14/07/2019 at 15:15, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Well I went out last night even though I had to dodge the rain showers , managed 1 cub but I found out where there are 2 litters so a productive night. Unfortunately my sling came loose when got back to car and rifle crashed off the ground so need to check zero later.

Ouch. Fingers crossed.

30 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

A quick drive around with the air rifle last night to get some rabbits. Did a few patches and ended up at chicken farm where there are alot. Walking round the shed when all of a sudden the chickens took up. A quick scan round the corner and a fox is sat by the hedge. I wait for him to disappear run back to truck. Change airgun for rimfire. A quick manoeuvre to the corner. In position a bit of squeaking and in fly a young dog fox to be met at 20 ft. 4 more needed to reach my tally for year by end of august

Good work farmer must be well pleased. 👍

22 hours ago, WelshMike said:

Good work gents :good:

Headed out saturday night as the farmer said there were a few about and most of the grass was a height where I could shoot...that was kind of true but the foxes seemed to be in the part where the grass was about 3 foot high 

It was a full moon which didnt help. There are a couple of patches of woodland that normally hold litters of cubs so I headed to the first and spotted a fox heading towards me down the track so set the sticks up. The cub stopped at about 60 yards and no 1 was down. Headed to the side of the wood and saw 2 more in the thermal. These were in some long grass so a bit of patience and no 2 was down...no 3 disappeared. A bot more waiting and faffing about and then I heard the vixen making a racket the far side of the farm....waded through 3 foot of wet grass to get there and she appeared the far side of the field in long grass so no shot....she then headed about 200 yards and carried on screaming her head off...headed to try and intercept her and saw a cub next to the other 2 so cub no 3 dropped. At this point it was coming up to 2 so I headed home. Hopefully once the grass is cleared on the bit where I want to shoot It should be a liitle easier lol 

Definitely dead. 🙂 

3 hours ago, oowee said:

Nice work Bumble. I have been out looking at Bucks last couple of days and the cover on some of my perms would hide elephants. 

Ouch. Fingers crossed.

Good work farmer must be well pleased. 👍

Definitely dead. 🙂 

:lol: Cubs and 58 grain BT .243 rounds dont mix very well lol 

4 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

:good:The magic 100 is drawing near mate.