Fox club

WelshMike

37 minutes ago, walshie said:

We went out last night and were astounded by how many foxes were about. The weather was good, no moon and a decent breeze. We had 4 foxes in the bag within the first 30 minutes! A bit of a quiet spell for an hour then another 5 presented themselves. Must have seen at least twice that amount, but 9 in 4 hours is an all time record for the pair of us. 

6 dogs and 3 vixens. 

Cracking result :good:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, walshie said:

We went out last night and were astounded by how many foxes were about. The weather was good, no moon and a decent breeze. We had 4 foxes in the bag within the first 30 minutes! A bit of a quiet spell for an hour then another 5 presented themselves. Must have seen at least twice that amount, but 9 in 4 hours is an all time record for the pair of us. 

6 dogs and 3 vixens. 

Brilliant night m8 , they weren't drop offs were they ?

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Brilliant night m8 , they weren't drop offs were they ?

We've had a couple from there over the years that definitely were. Had signs of vet treatment etc. I'd say most weren't though as the place is really conducive to huge numbers.with lots of housing round the perimeter, lots of housing on the inner part of the land and loads of WW2 bomb holes which seem to have been made home. That and the fact no-one else has permission there.

Edited by walshie

...break in the weather Sunday night...quick diversion as 1 road was shut due to a land slide. The river at the farm was about 40 feet wider then usual and the duck pond was about 2 acres bigger. All quiet until I could hear the ducks kicking off. Now the usual route the foxes take would have required a raft so I headed off to have a look. Muddy wade across the field and as I got to the top of the bank I spotted the fox heading back to where I had just come from. It must have had some wet paws as it was wading through some water. I managed to get set up on the top of the bank..lay down in the mud and realised I wasnt over the crest of the bank as all I could see was grass.... By the time I got up and checked the fox had made 200 metres and was gone....muddy and nothing to show for it :mad: Off home...must try and not be a numpty next time :lol:

53 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

I remember one night m8 I lay down in a cowpat and was covered in **** and it was raining , when I got home the wife had to hose me down. Got the fox though 😄

:lol: done that a few times myself. I was forced to strip off in the garage once before I was let in the house ..managed not to scare any of the neighbors though :lol: to be fair they would need pretty good eye sight :lol::lol:

1 hour ago, WelshMike said:

done that a few times myself. I was forced to strip off in the garage once before I was let in the house ..managed not to scare any of the neighbors though  to be fair they would need pretty good eye sight 

I would imagine that would of been the woolly kind of excrement 😉

Managed to get out last night. First farm had me playing cat and mouse with a fox. Managed to bring him in but trotted in front of house. Carried on watching it as it moved out of field slowly not presenting a safe shot once😡

Next plot shot a few rabbits that I had been asked to. Then picked up a fox in next field. A quick manoeuvre no calling and a good sized dog fox down. 

Next farm saw a really big old dog fox come in from a good distance to the call. Pulled of a decent shot with little hmr to drop him at 120. Must say again how well the pard 008 has worked since getting it off rewolf. 

20191003_070050.jpg

5 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Managed to get out last night. First farm had me playing cat and mouse with a fox. Managed to bring him in but trotted in front of house. Carried on watching it as it moved out of field slowly not presenting a safe shot once😡

Next plot shot a few rabbits that I had been asked to. Then picked up a fox in next field. A quick manoeuvre no calling and a good sized dog fox down. 

Next farm saw a really big old dog fox come in from a good distance to the call. Pulled of a decent shot with little hmr to drop him at 120. Must say again how well the pard 008 has worked since getting it off rewolf. 

20191003_070050.jpg

Nicely done mate. 

I played watch the fox with no safe shot then watch the fox run off and not present a shot....wary old vixen that is going to take a bit of time and luck to get. 

2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Good going Bumpy.  Took the HMR out myself last night and 100% success 9 shots 9 kills 😄Never saw a fox.

20191002_214949-600x1234.jpg

Good work mate. Me and grant went out at the weekend and I was very surprised how many hares were on some of his land. Nice to see but does attract unwanted attention

15 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Out yesterday afternoon while the maize was cut.. Only one bolted my direction, didn't get far though. 

DSC-0235.jpg
DSC-0236.jpg

Tidy job mate. 

19 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Good going Bumpy.  Took the HMR out myself last night and 100% success 9 shots 9 kills 😄Never saw a fox.

20191002_214949-600x1234.jpg

Nicely done buddy, cant get much better then that. 

Back out last night. Lots of time spent spotting but not seeing anything. Spotted a couple of thermal signatures a long way off but couldnt make them out due to cover etc. About 20 minutes later a fox appears on the edge of the pen and went straight under the fence. There were 10-12 birds out and it headed straight towards the first of them ..made it about 5 yards before it met a 58 grain round in the chest. I waited 30 minutes to see if the other was going to follow...and its didnt. Went and picked the fox up and back out of the pen. Checked back with the thermal and fox 2 was heading into the pen.....No shot from where I was so legged it up the bank only to see the fox disappear.....20 mins later the fox appears and I watch it with the crosshairs on its head but cant take the shot as there is no safe backstop...it looks in my direction and then legs it. To cut a long story short there lots of faffing and muddy legs to get a shot..as well as moving 4 times as its going through a wood and along the ridge....finally stops but I can only see part of it and off it goes on its merry way ....oh well at least I got 1 lol 

22 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

1 is always a good result. Sick of all the rain we've had , no playing at weekend. 

Cheers bud. Fed up with it as well mate. Ironic as the mansion had a moat :lol: ..not one that we wanted and one that took a few hours of digging to make it a stream instead lol.  The fields are so wet I cant take my truck out to feed the bees so have to lug syrup back and forth ...and generally in the rain as well. 

Saturday night I took the HMR out just to shoot a few bunnies even though it was a full moon and no wind. Didn't expect to see much and ended up shooting 2 foxes both lip squeaked in🤯How come i go out on a decent night with the caller and get nothing then out after bunnies on a rubbish night and succeed , strange game this hunting mallarkey . No pics as my laptop has just deleted all my pics from camera 😡

11 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Saturday night I took the HMR out just to shoot a few bunnies even though it was a full moon and no wind. Didn't expect to see much and ended up shooting 2 foxes both lip squeaked in🤯How come i go out on a decent night with the caller and get nothing then out after bunnies on a rubbish night and succeed , strange game this hunting mallarkey . No pics as my laptop has just deleted all my pics from camera 😡

Great effort mate. Been all about the rain here. Went out Sunday morning in the terrential rain first thing on our syndicate. Managed 9 squirrels and a pigeon with the airgun. Which was a result considering the weather. Got out last night but was so wet. had a few rabbits for the ferrets. Then sat in the fox box. Played all the calls of the foxpro but nothing. Left it ten minutes and started using the magic hand. One came in from far corner. But just shot back off again. Possibly seeing it. But right behind it was another. It was just making it's way to the hedge on the other side. Nice shout and shoulder shot made it number 76 of that permission in about 15 months

20191015_065101.jpg