Fox club

WelshMike

Got a text last night , farmer walking dogs in field and heard fox shouting in wood. I was there in half an hour and got set up. Flick of the torch and there was fox sitting on edge of wood but unfortunately no safe shot as at the top of a banking , tried to lip squeak it closer but it scarpered 😡

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nipped out quickly last night to bait up and decided to have a quick call while I was there. 5 mins with rabbit distress produced nothing so changed to cub call and immediately a fox turned up and sat obligingly 100 yds out 😁dropped a vixen with centre bib shot 👍then it was straight home .

20191018_205952-600x1234.jpg

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

1st rough shoot today , pleasantly surprised at the amount of pheasants we flushed . Bag was 19 pheasant,  2 mallard and a wood cock. I shot a few pheasants and got the woodcock as it was lifting through some silver birch 😁

Sounds like a great day. Our first shoot next week. I have been busy with airgun of late in the woods. Another good afternoon 

20191019_183152.jpg

Edited by bumpy22

Had a early night last night only did a few patches with no calling. First patch a fox came out of hedge and start trotting across field to the other side. Quick manoeuvre to get in position and a loud bark stopped it at 260 and down she went. 

Only saw deer and rabbits after that. But was home by half ten which is very rare lol

20191022_083048.jpg

3 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

Had a early night last night only did a few patches with no calling. First patch a fox came out of hedge and start trotting across field to the other side. Quick manoeuvre to get in position and a loud bark stopped it at 260 and down she went. 

Only saw deer and rabbits after that. But was home by half ten which is very rare lol

20191022_083048.jpg

Nice one. I was out till 0130 and up early as I am out on the deer 😞 

9 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

20191022_083048.jpg

Nice shooting bud. 👍

Out again last night by the pen another fox had been spotted about 8pm each evening. Found some old ham in the fridge and baited up along a stock fence, set the caller up with rat call, called in a barn owl and then mr fox trotted in at 815pm. He had one little bit of ham, then a 223 v-max gave him some serious indigestion.

one dog fox down home by 8.45

35B8660A-C97D-4053-982D-BA580C53D444.jpeg

Hello lads, good to see you’ve been knocking plenty off.

I’ve been getting out when I can around a hectic work schedule, I’m not as privileged as Mike to be lord of the manor and go shooting all the time! I’m at 36 so far this year but need to catch up badly on a few of my permissions. Hopefully I’ll have a bit of time now to report my nocturnal forays!
Has anyone heard from Stu lately, not seen any posts from him for a while?

8 hours ago, Strongman said:

I’ve been getting out when I can around a hectic work schedule, I’m not as privileged as Mike to be lord of the manor and go shooting all the time! I’m at 36 so far this year but need to catch up badly on a few of my permissions. Hopefully I’ll have a bit of time now to report my nocturnal forays!

Welcome back 🤣 wondered where you had been. Not heard anything from stu. Seems quite quiet on here. Mike rebuilding some Welsh castle. Foxhunter moaning about not seeing any foxes but still putting loads of pictures of dead ones up. Grant should hopefully be back in the game when he gets his holiday period out the way

All joking aside with them showing signs of pairing up now this is the best time of year for foxing. No naive Cubs running about they are all streetwise. Should make for a few good months

9 hours ago, Strongman said:

🙂👍

I did actually shoot a fox last night. Last of maize is off and roads and fields resemble a set for a WW1 movie. My shinny truck is looking very unshinny. Before I went out I had to do some work in Bristol that meant wearing non country. I had to take off the seat covers to get in the car. 

Fox was sat at 170m looking at me whilst i tried, for 30 sec's, to entice him over. I had to get on as and had no time to mess about so shot him where he sat. 

Went out on Thursday and had a walk round 3 farms bordering each other. Set out about 10.30 and started out on a farm with newly released Phesants and quite a few ducks on a pond and river. By 2.00 I had walked round all three farms and seen nothing but hares!

I entered the last field on the way back to the car at the farm and I picked up a fox in the thermal as it was travelling through a flock of sheep! I set up on the sticks and waited for him to get clear and stopped him with a shout, dropping him cleanly.

Quick scan with the thermal to check he was down, as he was in the grass, and picked up another fox in the distance. Muck squeaking later I got him moving towards me. I couldn’t move as I was on a concrete bridge and it was a quagmire either side so would have made too much noise. He eventually started moving parallel to me so I took my chance and dropped him toI. On checking with the thermal he looked close to the first fox, which surprised me. Paced it out and they were 5 yards apart at 130 yards. Two big dog foxes and hopefully including the culprit who killed 45 Phesants at the point of release.

6D94B494-7CDB-4FE6-9DA8-4A4A1BA6FEDC.jpeg.e69d6ffd1fbf53d832303783a815e7c8.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Strongman said:

Went out on Thursday and had a walk round 3 farms bordering each other. Set out about 10.30 and started out on a farm with newly released Phesants and quite a few ducks on a pond and river. By 2.00 I had walked round all three farms and seen nothing but hares!

I entered the last field on the way back to the car at the farm and I picked up a fox in the thermal as it was travelling through a flock of sheep! I set up on the sticks and waited for him to get clear and stopped him with a shout, dropping him cleanly.

Quick scan with the thermal to check he was down, as he was in the grass, and picked up another fox in the distance. Muck squeaking later I got him moving towards me. I couldn’t move as I was on a concrete bridge and it was a quagmire either side so would have made too much noise. He eventually started moving parallel to me so I took my chance and dropped him toI. On checking with the thermal he looked close to the first fox, which surprised me. Paced it out and they were 5 yards apart at 130 yards. Two big dog foxes and hopefully including the culprit who killed 45 Phesants at the point of release.

Great work Richard and good effort at that time. Been busy with squirrels ducks and pheasants this week. Hopefully get out next a few times next week

14 hours ago, Strongman said:

2 chunky lads there m8 👍

1 hour ago, ninjaferret said:

Saw a Charlie yesterday morning while doing feeders, at 10.40 only had semi auto and 100yds plus. Saw her again this morning 10.35 but this time had  .243,  280yds. Wont see her again.

What happend?  You missed and it ran off? :lol: