Fox club

WelshMike

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had another vixen last night out of fox box. Saw another early on but was not interested in coming near. This one was in far field. A few mouth squeaks had her running in through hedge and over the ditch. Easy 60 yard shot20191029_105235.jpg.ffdefac78e76118056d04679e9d25a95.jpg

After that I refilled the bait station 20191029_130229.jpg.44cc0dac8b78687f4e52139d8a7b8509.jpg

Edited by bumpy22

8 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Had another vixen last night out of fox box. Saw another early on but was not interested in coming near. This one was in far field. A few mouth squeaks had her running in through hedge and over the ditch. Easy 60 yard shot20191029_105235.jpg.ffdefac78e76118056d04679e9d25a95.jpg

After that I refilled the bait station 20191029_130229.jpg.44cc0dac8b78687f4e52139d8a7b8509.jpg

Love it , was that the HMR again ?

I finally got the most IR shy fox that I've ever encountered last night after three weeks of trying. He was an oldish dog and at the merest hint of IR he was off at full speed. If I had my old pulsar n550 I probably could have got him on a moonlit night but it's still in Belarus being repaired, and the pard 007 iam using needs a lot of IR. Yesterday all the ducks were caught on the field he was visiting so I staked down a dead duck in a pen he regularly went and underneath the duck put a mircoswitch and ran out 100 meters of cable to my tower and connected to a battery and a small lamp. I set up my 243 with a nightmaster white led lamp aimed as close to the bait as I could get it. And it worked a treat at 3.15am the light came on, lamp on very quick shot at 60 yards. I hate to think how many hours I've spent on this fox and hope to never have another one like it.

9 hours ago, bornfree said:

I finally got the most IR shy fox that I've ever encountered last night after three weeks of trying. He was an oldish dog and at the merest hint of IR he was off at full speed. If I had my old pulsar n550 I probably could have got him on a moonlit night but it's still in Belarus being repaired, and the pard 007 iam using needs a lot of IR. Yesterday all the ducks were caught on the field he was visiting so I staked down a dead duck in a pen he regularly went and underneath the duck put a mircoswitch and ran out 100 meters of cable to my tower and connected to a battery and a small lamp. I set up my 243 with a nightmaster white led lamp aimed as close to the bait as I could get it. And it worked a treat at 3.15am the light came on, lamp on very quick shot at 60 yards. I hate to think how many hours I've spent on this fox and hope to never have another one like it.

Great effort. Just goes to show how clever they are. The greatest opportunists as I always say

9 hours ago, bornfree said:

👍How much did you charge for that one 

😄😄

49 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Good result m8,  haven't had a chance to be out foxing this week due to weather and daughter's birthday. Rough shooting yesterday and shot well taking 2 right and left at mallard and 6 pheasants. Out duck flighting tonight hopefully they turn up as been very poor so far.

Good shooting had a invite on a duck flight last weekend. Started on the deer this weekend. Earlier than I like but farmer asking me

1 hour ago, bumpy22 said:

Good shooting had a invite on a duck flight last weekend. Started on the deer this weekend. Earlier than I like but farmer asking me

Well if the farmer is asking must oblige.  I saw a couple of does yesterday and was going to have a look this morning but the rain spoilt it once again. Wish it would dry up so that it's a pleasure walking fields instead of being caked in mud.

18 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Just in from flighting,  still not busy but interesting.  Bag was 6 wigeon and 2 gadwall , weirdly though no mallard or teal came. Shot my 1st ever gadwall 😁

Brilliant👍we had a bag of just over 50 between ten guns last week. I managed nine decent birds. But it was over to quick for me. I would of preferred less birds and more time in the field

The ducks are sitting on our pond during the day at the moment and not flighting.  Yesterday one of the lads pushed off over 100 teal plus mallard in the morning but they never flighted back again in the evening.  We need some dry cold weather for them to hit the ponds as too much water still about on the stubbles. It will come good eventually hopefully 

53 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

The ducks are sitting on our pond during the day at the moment and not flighting.  Yesterday one of the lads pushed off over 100 teal plus mallard in the morning but they never flighted back again in the evening.  We need some dry cold weather for them to hit the ponds as too much water still about on the stubbles. It will come good eventually hopefully 

I think that's the problem here we have ponds that I shoot have loads on at night. Then not to be seen again for a week because there are so many splashes. Its spread them far and wide

Another productive night last night. Walking round I could here a fox calling a few fields over. A quick manoeuvre and ten minutes later I am near to where I heard it. No more calling so placed the caller 40 yards from the hedge. Started vixen call and after a few minutes a fox came in. A bit of muting and changing of the volume had it ten yards from caller. Quick chest shot from hmr put the large dog down. First fox this season for the mating call.

Carried on with a few hand squeaks after and picked up another fox right across the field in the thermal. A few little coaxing squeaks had it coming in. After a cautious approach dropped it at about 75 yards finally. As I shot her though, my mate said he could see another belting in behind me to only 30 yards. Which I did not see. 

Hopefully me and grant have a night planned Friday.20191105_081315.jpg.52574ea32b2ac5d432e03c7bb21d22ba.jpg see if we can catch up with a few

Another great night with Grant last night. Seem to have foxes appearing on virtually every patch we were on. First permission had 2 foxes dropped by hmr. Next patch we hit one at a good distance but we could not find it in heavy cover. Third place we had 2 come in at once but only managed to get one. Finished the night on 3 found. But saw a lot more which is surprising 

20191109_092009.jpg