Fox club

WelshMike

Been a busy time recently on the Fox. Had  6 on one trip including 5 called on 1 stand,dropping 4 of them and going back few hours later and accounting for possibly the other in same field..Used my mate's Thermion XP50...Some piece of kit.

Solway6no1.jpg

4-on-1-stand.jpg

Solway-6no6.jpg

Picked up a new permission, small pheasant shoot where it's overrun with Hares so I try to reduce it each visit as lampers are active.

Haswell.jpg

Haswell-No-4.jpg

Had to remove 1 from around my Foxbox as it was targeting a Partridge pen the farmer has...took an hours calling but it showed eventually.

Foxbox-Oct19.jpg

Big Pheasant shoot's been quiet this year but colder weather has had a few move in.

Hill-Vixen-2019.jpg

Few wary ones that with help from some of the lads on the shoot setting bait stations up for me I've managed to account for.1 in particular took 4 trips.

Sunnyside-Dog.jpg

Rowley-Nemesis.jpg

V-Belt-Bait-Stn.jpg

Finally,been helping a mate on the shoot he's controlling the Fox on,1 last week and another last night before the fog stopped us.

Cornsay-Pen-Dog.jpg

Nanny-Goat-Vixen.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very smart mate. I have two that are set about 6 ft off the ground on two different farms. Both painted then wrapped in tarpaulin to keep weather off. Can fit three in each box quite comfortably. They are really paying off in this weather with fresh bait put on the bait stations. Had 81 foxes from them in less than 18 months.

Back out last night. Set caller on truck and after a cautious approach dropped a nice dog fox with ward and sauer 404 in 243. Next was upto fox box as everything was too sodden to be sneaking about. Popped a few rabbits off with hmr after no sign of fox for bait. But did see a nice few deer. Left along the track and spotted one. A bit of maneuvering and a few squeaks had her come in to 60 yards. Where a chest shot from tikka t1x in hmr topped with pard 008 did the rest. Another good night and problem foxes taken off ground

20191126_081707.thumb.jpg.341baec8f3a5f0d5f02aa853b9e05965.jpg

5 hours ago, WelshMike said:

Good work gents...Sorry I am still alive lol. Work has been mental and away a lot over the last few months. Hoping it will calm down and with the rain forecast to stop I am hoping to get out over the next few days and see if I can remember what shooting is all about 

Nice to see you back mate. Not many on here contributing lately needs the founder to get them back. As you say though weather has ruined a few trips out recently. Not even bothered sitting in fox box 

Lol...cheers boys. 

The mansion is getting worse at the moment so thats something else that is taking up even more time. 

Condensation in the loft so it rains some nights....sorting out vapour barriers , additional ventilation and more insulation this weekend. We now have to clad a load of the house as the water is getting through the walls (penetrating damp)...should have purchased a new build bungalow :lol: 

On 26/11/2019 at 08:29, bumpy22 said:

Very smart mate. I have two that are set about 6 ft off the ground on two different farms. Both painted then wrapped in tarpaulin to keep weather off. Can fit three in each box quite comfortably. They are really paying off in this weather with fresh bait put on the bait stations. Had 81 foxes from them in less than 18 months.

They sound spot on and a very tidy return from them...Foxbox/Bait station is definitely a productive combination.

Out last night in the freezing cold and all was quiet until I spotted a Fox slowly mooching down a field. Got ahead of it and got set up to wait.Yong Rabbit Distress on the FoxPro produced an immediate response...too good in fact,as it jumped onto a wall and raced in with the branches of a tree preventing a clear shot. It dropped into a gully just in front of the caller and all was quiet for a minute....which seemed a lifetime. Played call again to see it making it's way back up the field through some rushes,so again no shot. Finally it stopped in a gap side on (very nice of it)where that familiar thud resounded back. Lovely looking Vixen...

Hodgy-039-s-Drive-Vixen.jpg

This vixen did not like the Buffalo BB I introduced her to after we knocked through some cover on Saturday. She was spotted in the morning but I couldn’t get there at the time so we tried later in the afternoon and she was still around, obviously lying up for the day 👍🏻

64B23DAD-B079-40F4-9152-C5E28EAC2579.jpeg

Edited by cragman

7 hours ago, grasshopper said:

They sound spot on and a very tidy return from them...Foxbox/Bait station is definitely a productive combination.

Out last night in the freezing cold and all was quiet until I spotted a Fox slowly mooching down a field. Got ahead of it and got set up to wait.Yong Rabbit Distress on the FoxPro produced an immediate response...too good in fact,as it jumped onto a wall and raced in with the branches of a tree preventing a clear shot. It dropped into a gully just in front of the caller and all was quiet for a minute....which seemed a lifetime. Played call again to see it making it's way back up the field through some rushes,so again no shot. Finally it stopped in a gap side on (very nice of it)where that familiar thud resounded back. Lovely looking Vixen...

Hodgy-039-s-Drive-Vixen.jpg

Well done

3 hours ago, cragman said:

This vixen did not like the Buffalo BB I introduced her to after we knocked through some cover on Saturday. She was spotted in the morning but I couldn’t get there at the time so we tried later in the afternoon and she was still around, obviously lying up for the day 👍🏻

64B23DAD-B079-40F4-9152-C5E28EAC2579.jpeg

Good work

Managed to stalk in to a young munty on friday night and was hanging it in the log store gallows when the neighbour came over to complain a fox had taken a couple of chickens. I Felt a bit guilty as I have been baiting in the field behind the house but not checking for visitors, so I was a little more diligent on Friday night. I had two from the kitchen window within 5 mins of each other. Still the rest of the bait was taken the next night and I can here some calling on the hill so I need to put some time in. .

Shot a load of pigeons on Saturday so all the shell remains are out on the bait post ready for tonight. I had also had three buzzards in the field today working their way through the pickings so I hope they have left something for the foxes. 

Had a night out yesterday. First job was to have a go at some rabbits where they had been causing damage in a farm. Knocked a few over with hmr and pard 008. Then a dog fox came out of hedge to the right 80 yard shot and down he went.

Onto the next permission and set caller the caller out 30 yards in front with mating call. Within a minute a fox comes running over hill. Quickly mute caller before the fox gets to it. Lift rifle onto quad sticks. Where I slip and bang forend against sticks. Fox looks up runs back up hill and just stands on the horizon as if sticking up two fingers. Be boring if we got them all. But be better if I had not messed up a simple one

20191202_222747.jpg

OOPS...never mind it happens😉

In the Highseat last night watching over a bait station. Nothing happening so tried a few calls. Vixen in heat had 1 appear almost instantly but from right beside me and proceeded to sit down 15yds away...trying quietly to turn the mag down on the scope and get the lens caps off it turned it's head and stood up sharpish....yup another fox 15yds from it and a stand off ensued. 2nd fox was bigger and with hackles up and tail raised it started forward where they both ran right behind the highseat and away into the wood....well all you can do is smile, but I was hopeful the winner would return, and this it did some 10mins later, slowly making it's way closer looking for it's prize. Top of a Whinn bush meant I had to wait but eventually it cleared it and politely sat down at some 50yds...to my surprise it was a huge Vixen.

Highseat-Bully.jpg

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

OOPS...never mind it happens😉

In the Highseat last night watching over a bait station. Nothing happening so tried a few calls. Vixen in heat had 1 appear almost instantly but from right beside me and proceeded to sit down 15yds away...trying quietly to turn the mag down on the scope and get the lens caps off it turned it's head and stood up sharpish....yup another fox 15yds from it and a stand off ensued. 2nd fox was bigger and with hackles up and tail raised it started forward where they both ran right behind the highseat and away into the wood....well all you can do is smile, but I was hopeful the winner would return, and this it did some 10mins later, slowly making it's way closer looking for it's prize. Top of a Whinn bush meant I had to wait but eventually it cleared it and politely sat down at some 50yds...to my surprise it was a huge Vixen.

Highseat-Bully.jpg

Good night by the sounds of it. Your scope looks like my leupold I use a ward add on on mine works very well considering it is decent glass

10 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Had a night out yesterday. First job was to have a go at some rabbits where they had been causing damage in a farm. Knocked a few over with hmr and pard 008. Then a dog fox came out of hedge to the right 80 yard shot and down he went.

Onto the next permission and set caller the caller out 30 yards in front with mating call. Within a minute a fox comes running over hill. Quickly mute caller before the fox gets to it. Lift rifle onto quad sticks. Where I slip and bang forend against sticks. Fox looks up runs back up hill and just stands on the horizon as if sticking up two fingers. Be boring if we got them all. But be better if I had not messed up a simple one

20191202_222747.jpg

Shame about the one you bumped , is that why you're called Bumpy 🤣🤣   We are only human and not robots , at least you got a nice black bellied one.