WelshMike

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, ninjaferret said:

Out again tonight for a couple of hours first a vixen in the face at about 200yds, second about the same distance but lost it in heavy cover, i'll find it tomorrow.

Good shooting mate. Easy to lose them at night. I have walked right past them then found them in same place with terriers next day

Managed to catch up with this fella at last. He’d been sitting out of range for my last two visits (.22Hornet) but the .222 sorted that out. Same area, 180 yards, boom! Ran for ten yards then fell, I watched him all the way. There’s another on this place that moves as soon as the lamp goes on him, (I’m old school 😄) so thermal would be the answer, but I don’t have it so I’ll have to sit out at dusk and watch for its movements 👍🏻

810E25ED-97A4-4FF8-9E02-56BD9963686F.jpeg

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Another blank last night , send some up m8 .Speaking to a guy last night who's cousin owns 4000 acre and lots of foxes , so trying to get a trip sorted up there.

Sounds good hopefully you will get on there.

Had one last with my mate on the back of atv lamping rabbits with shotgun. Will have a good go next week see what's about

Well done cragman sounds like a tricky customer

11 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Another blank last night , saw nothing except roe. Think that's the season finished on foxes just nothing about. Will start on the roe instead as more of them than foxes 😡

Keep at them mate.  Weather has been poor down here either bright moon or torrential rain. Got a few to go at the next week or so. Got a new permission with a lot of damage being done so should get some reports up soon.

5 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

Keep at them mate.  Weather has been poor down here either bright moon or torrential rain. Got a few to go at the next week or so. Got a new permission with a lot of damage being done so should get some reports up soon.

Its soul destroying m8 when you see nothing night after night   , never seen it this bad. I've been thinking what few are left need to be left so that I have some Cubs next year. Never ever done this before but its desperate.  Out tomorrow night on the rabbits to a place my m8 has just got that needs them thinning out with the promise of another 3 farms , unfortunately not fox country .

50 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Its soul destroying m8 when you see nothing night after night   , never seen it this bad. I've been thinking what few are left need to be left so that I have some Cubs next year. Never ever done this before but its desperate.  Out tomorrow night on the rabbits to a place my m8 has just got that needs them thinning out with the promise of another 3 farms , unfortunately not fox country .

Sounds like you have a good night planned on the rabbits.

Got to admit the foxing is what gets me motivated.

Been shooting since I could walk and took so many different people out with me and taught them what to do who were slightly clueless. But soon become experts in a year with nv etc lol. I do laugh at some of the things I hear and ways people go about the modern foxing. But as you and I know if you took the gadgets away they would be lost. Where as the likes of us can pick up a fox without all that. I am sure you will get in amongst them soon as you always do. You can have all the gear but knowledge and experience will always come through on tops and I can gaurantee you will be getting  a few soon

11 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Sounds like you have a good night planned on the rabbits.

Got to admit the foxing is what gets me motivated.

Been shooting since I could walk and took so many different people out with me and taught them what to do who were slightly clueless. But soon become experts in a year with nv etc lol. I do laugh at some of the things I hear and ways people go about the modern foxing. But as you and I know if you took the gadgets away they would be lost. Where as the likes of us can pick up a fox without all that. I am sure you will get in amongst them soon as you always do. You can have all the gear but knowledge and experience will always come through on tops and I can gaurantee you will be getting  a few soon

Thanks for the kind words 👍Full moon tonight so not expecting a big bag but need to show willing. Motivation is severely depleted when you see nothing over and over , need new ground desperately as existing ground all under control. I hope a few litters are born this year to cheer me up 😄

Out lamping rabbits last night with my m8 and his 2 cousins on his new permission.  Funny thing was it's a place I used to ferret 30 years ago STRANGE 🤪 There was a full moon and blowing a gale so didn't expect a lot but saw quite a few bunnies.  We split up into 2s , I lamped and let my m8 shoot with the .22 . Now he is inexperienced with rifles and not shot off sticks before and in a gale force wind so did well considering , missed plenty but no wonder as it was hard even standing up on the tops. A lot of rabbits to clear up on here so will be busy , then if farmer happy he owns another 3 farms in same valley so rabbits galore 😁 We were only out a couple of hours and shot 20 ( 17 in pic as left a few behind) not bad for terrible conditions. Excuse pic quality as no flash 🤪

20200110_232734.jpg

Well done mate good bag of rabbits. 

Went out last night on our small syndicate. Full moon and four noisy men was not the best. I positioned us under thick est hedge. Ten minutes of calling and I brought in a nice size dog fox to 60 yards20200111_144954.jpg.e028e3578a35becdeb6b9db04bbd391b.jpg

Then took all of us under next pen. Set everyone at the bottom of the hill. I started calling and immediately had a fox run in from cover not 40 yards from us. But saw us and took back into the wood. Left it a few minutes and started calling again. This time brought one in from behind us. Simple shot at 50 yards and another dog down20200111_144930.jpg.89814cd61d311e38e4524d7783a01ce5.jpg

Left the shoot then and on to a new patch that has had a lot of bramble cleared. With a fox being spotted there in daylight. I was confident although the conditions were terrible. Ten minutes of calling and a very cautious fox entered the field. Dropped by little hmr to finish a successful night considering the conditions. 20200111_144911.jpg.df94668a32f54c05ae9ad81a436fb776.jpgMy right hand needs a patent lol

Edited by bumpy22

5 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Stop it , making me jealous 😄 Never ceases to amaze me the numbers of foxes you guys have , you would be in despair if you came up here .Too easy down South 😂😂😂😂😂😂

To be fair I don't know anyone else who would of got them in like that last night. It was tough going in January with old dogs and a full moon. But that is what years of messing about after dark has taught me lol

Another night out. Managed a large vixen tonight. Came into the call dropped from all of 15 yards.20200115_225201.jpg.ec4aba8d4eda608f8d94681cb2d2e350.jpg

Then on to another spot this time bought another in to vixen call. But spotted me trotted off up a bank. Hit it on edge of a thick bramble patch which it made it in. Had a good look with torch but no luck😡 will try to have a look in daylight. Seeing a few about at the minute. With one more shot Monday night