Fox club

WelshMike

Hope you find the one in brambles. I ventured out last night with my mate as 2 were spotted on the shoot by one of the guns on Sunday when feeding up. 1st stand brought in a nice vixen to vixen on heat call , 2nd stand brought in a lovely dog fox to chicken distress. First foxes of 2020 nice to get off the blocks with it being dire lately 😁

20200115_194934.jpg

Edited by FOXHUNTER1

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Popped over to a farm last night that I haven't been to in ages , took the .22LR as it's just rabbit ground.  Rabbits sat obligingly as haven't seen a lamp even though it was still with no wind. After shooting a bunny I scanned round and noticed Charlie 40 yds away but skylined , positioned .22 on sticks and flicked torch on to find fox had came towards me and was 30 yds so was quickly dropped on the spot. Love the versatility of the .22 😁🦊

20200118_221349-600x1234.jpg

Had this unusually coloured bunny too ...

20200118_203827-600x1234.jpg

8 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Popped over to a farm last night that I haven't been to in ages , took the .22LR as it's just rabbit ground.  Rabbits sat obligingly as haven't seen a lamp even though it was still with no wind. After shooting a bunny I scanned round and noticed Charlie 40 yds away but skylined , positioned .22 on sticks and flicked torch on to find fox had came towards me and was 30 yds so was quickly dropped on the spot. Love the versatility of the .22 😁🦊

20200118_221349-600x1234.jpg

Had this unusually coloured bunny too ...

20200118_203827-600x1234.jpg

Result. Just a shame some kids hutch will be empty

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Out last night cold and dark :).

We called 10. Two were saved by the fog as they mooched about just out of IR range. One was saved by the fence he was sitting behind. The rest were not so lucky.

small 7.jpg

Bloody hell have the RSPCA just had a drop off? Were they mostly dogs? The one on the left looks a bruiser. 

They were all over the place over four different farms. That one on the left was a chunky dog. 

We so nearly had a few more, taking turns on the shooting. They were hungry and coming for miles, to the calls and we had some sport coaxing them in the last few meters.  One come up a steep hill and stoped 50m out, but to save walking down the hill to collect it we did little mouse squeaks to bring it in even closer.  

15 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Well done , starting on the does come February,  a change from foxing  or should I say lack of 😂😂😂😂 Can't wait for Spring and the start of the bucks.

Going to start after the first. Because I have been on pheasants weekends not been near them. Seen loads last night on some ground I have not been near for a while. Have you marked any bucks from last year?

Spoke to Mike the other day says he has been working away 

Edited by bumpy22

Yep I was speaking to Mike the other day too , busy with work. I've been busy game shooting too , glad its finished now so can get out stalking . My mates spot has got quite a few does to cull and I will take a few off my spots. There was one mature buck I saw a few times on my ground but never had a chance to take him so hopefully catch up with him if still about. Haven't been out much but have seen 3 or 4 to take. Think I will have a look in morning as have seen 2 does on a stubble a few times , fingers crossed 😁

48 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Yep I was speaking to Mike the other day too , busy with work. I've been busy game shooting too , glad its finished now so can get out stalking . My mates spot has got quite a few does to cull and I will take a few off my spots. There was one mature buck I saw a few times on my ground but never had a chance to take him so hopefully catch up with him if still about. Haven't been out much but have seen 3 or 4 to take. Think I will have a look in morning as have seen 2 does on a stubble a few times , fingers crossed 😁

Fingers crossed for you mate. Had my 6 year old leading the beating line this morning lol. Then had a session in my woods with the air rifle. 20200125_184104.jpg.584d5e4bbb4e7d97337565214cbb44b6.jpg

We our hopefully taking another wood on to our syndicate. There are plenty of roe in there too. 

Edited by bumpy22

9 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Never saw the 2 I was targeting,  but got onto 3 does at other end of shoot. Unfortunately there was too many branches in the way so I waited as there was a window for a shot if they moved a few yards left   what did they do go right 😄

They got lucky. Saw 5 in font of one of my boxes this week. They have been very reluctant to go in this field as the livestock was not moved off till recent. Saw a buck that was going back before Christmas on one patch I have. Did not see him there through the summer. Which I think is why he is there now been pushed off ground further a field. I have him earmarked for a chap on here should make a nice first buck

Out last night for a couple of hours. Started out with the caller but nothing was showing so decided to set off on foot. Spotted two together, gave a little squeak and had this vixen come in like a bullet from 400 yards away. Had to shout to stop her, her mate sat skylined watching me then ran off. Will catch up with that one soon.

82D92402-04EE-41D7-87F1-A6E0571937C2.jpeg