WelshMike

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Went out for a sit out last night to see if I could catch up with a muntjac. Nothing doing, so made my way back to the truck. As I was doing so, I noticed a bit of white 100yds up in the wheat up behind where I’d parked. Binos confirmed it was charlie, so I moved closer & into to a better position, got on the sticks & waited for it to move across onto a sprayed-off footpath. It duly did, stopped to a whistle whilst looking over his shoulder at me, and the .243 did the job, knocking it over. Or so I thought...

I got to the shot site to find a big patch of blood & no fox. Great! Head torch on, I tracked the prominent blood smears through the wheat (fortunately high enough to be pushed through by a fox, leaving a good blood trail), with a few splatters along tramlines. 150yds later, I found him laid up & corrected my previous mistake (I’d initially hit him a bit too far back). I’m not pleased that I messed the first shot, but am happy that I found him & rectified my mistake. 

164FB2AC-A473-4837-A172-B7443574ED61.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Been very quiet on here. I had a quiet 6 weeks and then it got busy with 10 big cubs in two weeks on the same field. Then quiet again for 3weeks and 50 ducks dead Friday morning saw 3 foxes Friday night couldn't get a shot on any of them. Moved the tower Saturday and Saturday night shot a 3/4 grown dog and a big old dog at 157 and 190 yards in the rain and wind so came home happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Some great shooting there lads, keep it up. Dropped on a place last week where the farmer has had three large Cubs recently in the trap but the adults wouldn’t go near it, except when the safety was on! What’s all that about? Anyway, I picked out a cub mousing on arrival. Always nice to start with a success. Walked on and sat in amongst the rabbits was a big dog fox. He got the same treatment, the Hornet .22. Hopefully it was one of the trap shy foxes. Spotted another but it knew the script and was off. Love the nights drawing in 👍🏻

6AA8BA57-36CA-43D4-9D85-41C0620A1C97.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...