• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, WelshMike said:

Right gents...voting time. 

I have a birthday coming up that requires marking with a nice pressie....The vote is for

Should I buy a Pulsar XQ38F thermal spotter or not ? 

There rubbish dont bother😂 your money I am surprised you don't have one in every one of the 50 odd rooms

6 hours ago, WelshMike said:

Right gents...voting time. 

I have a birthday coming up that requires marking with a nice pressie....The vote is for

Should I buy a Pulsar XQ38F thermal spotter or not ? 

Without doubt Mike. It will transform your shooting. I've had mine now getting on for 5 years and I couldn't be without it now. Get yourself one ordered - select this payment method, job done:

45645496172_b2609790f5_n.jpg

18 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

There rubbish dont bother😂 your money I am surprised you don't have one in every one of the 50 odd rooms

:lol:

16 hours ago, racing snake said:

Without doubt Mike. It will transform your shooting. I've had mine now getting on for 5 years and I couldn't be without it now. Get yourself one ordered - select this payment method, job done:

45645496172_b2609790f5_n.jpg

I have 2 and no kids so I shouldnt miss 1 :lol:

14 hours ago, oowee said:

Rubber eye cups have perished. I thought it was maybe my eye shadow but seems I am not alone. Outer one clips on but inner eye cup holds it in place and that is bonded on. Outer one went and then inner not long after. 

Despite these issues I am still reckoning you would vote for "Yes" Grant?

I ll see what the birthday fund comes to and see how much lime rendering all of downstairs as well as a limecrete slab costs...and then probably get one early feb. 

Cheers gents :good: 

8 minutes ago, WelshMike said:

I have 2 and no kids so I shouldnt miss 1 

Despite these issues I am still reckoning you would vote for "Yes" Grant?

I ll see what the birthday fund comes to and see how much lime rendering all of downstairs as well as a limecrete slab costs...and then probably get one early feb. 

Cheers gents :good: 

It's that good whilst its away i am not so bothered about going out. 

Out with Bumpy Friday night. At the chicken unit and nothing was responding to the call. A random fox trotted over in any case but it was not heading the way we wanted. Moving further and further left we manage to bag it freehand before it disappeared behind a shed. This chicken unit just keeps giving. Farmer is over the moon. 

had a few hours with strongman this afternoon. top bloke:good: look forward to us having a night foxing soon. he is set now with thermal so am not leaving much hope for the foxes in his county. 

mike sent me a nice picture of the mansion today. looks virtually finished a few gold door handles and he will be there. not sure if there will be any updates on the news when the estate is officially open to public for guided tours:hmm:

have a night planned monday. before grant is away on one of numerous holidays this year.

Good to see you today Ed. Will look forward to a night out to see how the professionals do it!!

Had a play with said thermal on the field behind our house last night. Had a quick scan about and low and behold there is a fox near my bait area! Rifle out and ready but he has disappeared! Left it out on the kitchen table and checked regularly over the next hour. At about 11 o’clock he was back and I was ready. Made a right Horlicks of setting up a rest on our oil tank but managed to stop him at about 110 yards for a shot. 

68830BA5-6F56-4CF5-A69E-9FED7A6DB664.jpeg.29f39e4632c22bae9e3fdebbc2ab12fb.jpeg

Really fat dog fox. 

Looking forward to getting out properly with my new toys this week 👍

11 hours ago, dazb1967 said:

Out again last night, Bagged the first one in a few minutes of being out 9pm but didn't get the second one until around 2am IMG_0481.jpg.66bc9c8c25a13e70010d6d82ed19f8fb.jpgIMG_0482.jpg.bbf1e38c14fba451bc5c3d93835f8544.jpg

Nicely done mate :good:

11 hours ago, oowee said:

Out with Bumpy Friday night. At the chicken unit and nothing was responding to the call. A random fox trotted over in any case but it was not heading the way we wanted. Moving further and further left we manage to bag it freehand before it disappeared behind a shed. This chicken unit just keeps giving. Farmer is over the moon. 

Well done gents. 

10 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

had a few hours with strongman this afternoon. top bloke:good: look forward to us having a night foxing soon. he is set now with thermal so am not leaving much hope for the foxes in his county. 

mike sent me a nice picture of the mansion today. looks virtually finished a few gold door handles and he will be there. not sure if there will be any updates on the news when the estate is officially open to public for guided tours

have a night planned monday. before grant is away on one of numerous holidays this year.

:lol: 2 gold handles and a stuffed wild boars head and all is done 

9 hours ago, Strongman said:

Good to see you today Ed. Will look forward to a night out to see how the professionals do it!!

Had a play with said thermal on the field behind our house last night. Had a quick scan about and low and behold there is a fox near my bait area! Rifle out and ready but he has disappeared! Left it out on the kitchen table and checked regularly over the next hour. At about 11 o’clock he was back and I was ready. Made a right Horlicks of setting up a rest on our oil tank but managed to stop him at about 110 yards for a shot. 

68830BA5-6F56-4CF5-A69E-9FED7A6DB664.jpeg.29f39e4632c22bae9e3fdebbc2ab12fb.jpeg

Really fat dog fox. 

Looking forward to getting out properly with my new toys this week 👍

Good job mate. Which lovely new toy did you get? This thermal kit is soooooo tempting lol. 

Back out to the chicken farm last night to see what was about. 

Spent a cold hour not seeing a lot. The ducks on the pool were making a racket so I knew something was about. To cut a long story short I spent 20 minutes trying to get a shot at the fox in a load of cover before  it disappeared...

I headed back in the direction of where the fox went. I got to the back of one of the sheds and spotted a fox in the pen. Quick set up on the sticks and a somewhat rushed shot when the fox walked into a clearing between some gorse bushes ...and goodnight Mrs fox 

qnhgyNw.jpg 

Well done mike. We ventured out last night with the old faithful ward add on. First farm we saw absolutely nothing except one fox right in front of the house. No chance of a shot so we left it for another day. Next farm we went to Grant spotted one on a bank just as it went over. Tried a few calls but no response. Next place was the chicken unit. As soon as we climb the bale stack Grant signals there is one in field above ours. A quick scan and another was spotted just behind the first. Played pheasant distress and immediately they both came flying in but straight behind barn. Tried caller again but no response to pheasant this time. Grant then spots them in a small paddock behind. A quick manoeuvre of the caller to the other side of field back on bales. Vixen distress playing and large dog fox is on his way. Mute the caller and he stops for his last time next to it. The other would not come in after that but I am sure it wont be long. 32 now of this one permission since mid summer. They dont seem to be slowing up

On 03/12/2018 at 08:09, WelshMike said:

Which lovely new toy did you get? This thermal kit is soooooo tempting lol. 

Hi Mike, went for the Quantum xq30v. Not been out with it proper yet as work keeps getting in the way! From what I have seen of it so far through it will be a game changer. Get one, you’ll not regret it!! It comes with its own little man bag too 😂.

Good work on the foxes chaps, seems chicken farms are the place to be at the minute. I’ve seen another fox in the field behind us but not got on him yet. I’m sure it won’t be long though! 

16 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Well done mike. We ventured out last night with the old faithful ward add on. First farm we saw absolutely nothing except one fox right in front of the house. No chance of a shot so we left it for another day. Next farm we went to Grant spotted one on a bank just as it went over. Tried a few calls but no response. Next place was the chicken unit. As soon as we climb the bale stack Grant signals there is one in field above ours. A quick scan and another was spotted just behind the first. Played pheasant distress and immediately they both came flying in but straight behind barn. Tried caller again but no response to pheasant this time. Grant then spots them in a small paddock behind. A quick manoeuvre of the caller to the other side of field back on bales. Vixen distress playing and large dog fox is on his way. Mute the caller and he stops for his last time next to it. The other would not come in after that but I am sure it wont be long. 32 now of this one permission since mid summer. They dont seem to be slowing up

Unreal amount of foxes. The farmer must be well chuffed. 

4 hours ago, Strongman said:

Hi Mike, went for the Quantum xq30v. Not been out with it proper yet as work keeps getting in the way! From what I have seen of it so far through it will be a game changer. Get one, you’ll not regret it!! It comes with its own little man bag too 😂.

Good work on the foxes chaps, seems chicken farms are the place to be at the minute. I’ve seen another fox in the field behind us but not got on him yet. I’m sure it won’t be long though! 

You were doing well until you mentioned the man bag.....cheeky sod :lol: 

Had a quote back on the limecrete floor and it is a couple of grand cheaper then I thought so maybe able to justify one early in the new year. 

3 hours ago, racing snake said:

Please stop bloody raining!!!

*breaths .....

Well done on getting the foxes gents, i can't even get out at the moment.

tell me about it stu:mad: managed one monday night and rained of ever since. looking drier beginning of the week so hopefully get out then. one of my farmer friends has just bought another farm:) hopefully have a look round next weekend see boundaries etc after our pheasant shoot