WelshMike

Fox club

2 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

three more last night. first one was on one of my bigger permissions. after five minutes or so of hand calling we spot fox coming up from lower field about 300 yards. stoped and would not come any closer so i took shot. he was hit hard but need a follow up.  second spot was part of the chicken unit where they had spotted foxes last week. phone call from the farmer earlier that afternoon to say he had baited both areas with chickens as  instructed:good: as we approach we immediately see a fox trotting straight to bait station with one following. a bit of moving and grant is in position to take vixen as she is pulling at chicken. we wait for the other but it does not present a shot. on to the next part of chicken farm. after ten minutes of foxpro calls i try a few loud calls on my hand. within a few minutes we spot a fox coming straight towards us at speed. comes in to about fourty yards and turns runs back to 180 where a shout stops it and grant drops it with in a second.  another 2 of the chicken unit and owner really happy with our efforts with more to take though

Cracking job gents :good:

Headed out last night...it was great to be out and I have missed getting out and about. 

Over to farm 1 who are due to start lambing shortly . The XQ38F is a stunning bit of kit but there is to much to watch so lots more time spent spotting :lol: lots or rabbits and badgers and then the tell tail slim figure of Mr Fox....who disappeared off...lol. Put the caller on the misc injured furry woodland creature call and he appeared down at the bottom of the field. Set up behind the rifle, NV on and as usual he was sat trying to figure out what was what. 58 Grain .243 in the chest and down he went. Nice looking dog and only one seen. Bumped into the farmer on the way back to the truck and he was happy as usual. Back out tonight :good:

szD8AOs.jpg

Top job mike. We only have fox hunter to persuade into getting thermal now but he is still shooting plenty with lamp.  richard is well impressed with his and getting good numbers

Will try and get grant to get some pics of fox box we have built 

1 hour ago, bumpy22 said:

Top job mike. We only have fox hunter to persuade into getting thermal now but he is still shooting plenty with lamp.  richard is well impressed with his and getting good numbers

Will try and get grant to get some pics of fox box we have built 

To be fair to Mark he is pretty devastating with a lamp and rifle so doesnt need it making any easier. I am slow so need all the help I can get :lol:

Out last night. To cut a long story short I missed a fox off the sticks at shotgun range...40 yard miss ...Plonker :lol: No excuses ....

I ll be quiet for the next couple of weeks as the roofing starts tomorrow...joy lol