Jump to content
WelshMike

Fox club

    Recommended Posts

    On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 14:34, oowee said:

    Foxhunter i think the whole thing was abandoned when it became clear most were heading my way  I was loosing out on most attractive man bag but but the rest were all sown up ;)

    Yep theres only one winner for the handbag category :yes:

    Glad to see a few results , I struggled this week , been out 3 nights and blanked . Friday night called one in but it decided to stay safe behind a hedge and not commit :unhappy:

    I find they always get trickier round about now as there aren't a lot left on my grounds and they are the smart ones.

    Never mind will continue trying as you never know what each night will bring.

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Good stuff Grant and RS, good to see people are still getting a few. They certainly are getting wiser now. The chicken killer has shown the last two nights but not presented a shot. First night he sat on top of a muck heap looking my way and eventually sloped off back to the big wood. Last night he appeared by the scene of crime but among the sheep and disappeared as quickly as he appeared. He didn’t seem interested in the hen I had staked out as bait either. The snow will put pay to another night tonight as I am snowed in, which is a shame as I woukd have liked to sort him out.

    Keep up the good work, it may be a few days until I can get out!

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    7 minutes ago, Strongman said:

    Good stuff Grant and RS, good to see people are still getting a few. They certainly are getting wiser now. The chicken killer has shown the last two nights but not presented a shot. First night he sat on top of a muck heap looking my way and eventually sloped off back to the big wood. Last night he appeared by the scene of crime but among the sheep and disappeared as quickly as he appeared. He didn’t seem interested in the hen I had staked out as bait either. The snow will put pay to another night tonight as I am snowed in, which is a shame as I woukd have liked to sort him out.

    Keep up the good work, it may be a few days until I can get out!

    I have one which sounds like your chicken killer, here at my house. I keep seeing it, but it's ignoring the bait and i can't help thinking its testing the security every night?Much snow by you then? Here a little on the hills last night and it's snowing now but i don't think it will last.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    30 minutes ago, oowee said:

    I have one which sounds like your chicken killer, here at my house. I keep seeing it, but it's ignoring the bait and i can't help thinking its testing the security every night?Much snow by you then? Here a little on the hills last night and it's snowing now but i don't think it will last.

    We’ve had about a foot overnight,it wasn’t snowing at about 1 when I got in from last nights outing! Probably another couple of inches this morning.

    I can’t help thinking mine is just testing. The ground is very much in his favour so he can approach from any direction undetected. So far ignored the bait and not really interested in calls. I will persevere and no doubt learn from him!

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Well done Stuart and Grant

    Went to a local permission on Friday and decided to wait over looking a wood, i had seen a fox last time at 9pm but couldn't get a shot and it bolted when I tried to call it in,so no calling tonight just sit and wait it out .It was now 10.30 bloody freezing now,just try a few calls before I head home,vixen call nothing, hand squeak nothing,gekkering call and there's a vixen 20 yds away.bit of a rushed shot and missed but she made the fatal mistake of stopping at 150 yds away Typical woman always late:yes: No photo as my phone battery had died

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Yep that is snow RS rather than the bit of slush we have here. Daieye you have more patience than me waiting out in that weather. Your wait paid off :good:

    I sat in the high seat on Thurs last week and after 30 mins I was ready to leave.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    32 minutes ago, racing snake said:

    Well, that's tonight's trip out cancelled. :/

    25090201408_79b66af308_z.jpg

    thats nothing;) :) poor me and grant had to watch the rain out of the window of the truck last night:lol:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    32 minutes ago, racing snake said:

    Well, that's tonight's trip out cancelled. :/

    25090201408_79b66af308_z.jpg

    Bloody hell RS .....glad we have missed it.  That's you stuck at home for a while I guess.

     

    On another note , sitting at home bored so got my records out and counted up lifetime tally for foxes .................1224

     

    Anyone else like to share their scores ?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×