Fox club

WelshMike

Finally got one in a cage today after 3 weeks of trying to get him in. He has taken geese and 3 ducks sporadically over that period. Have been trying to leave them until the cubs are showing above ground. But had 3 messages left in the last couple of days with poultry on different places being taken. Looks like the mayhem has started early this year

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1st fox of the year last night, a big dog. we put the first geese out saturday morning it didnt take him long to find them. i watched him coming from the far side of the field he passed through 6 pens of geese without even stopping to get to the one he had killed in the night before.

2 hours ago, bornfree said:

1st fox of the year last night, a big dog. we put the first geese out saturday morning it didnt take him long to find them. i watched him coming from the far side of the field he passed through 6 pens of geese without even stopping to get to the one he had killed in the night before.

Good work mate. Good to target the problem one and get a result. Had some recent that have been hard work. Awkward trying to leave them with young about but still having to stop damage

• 2 weeks later...

Went out for a stalk yesterday evening to look for a poor yearling I saw last week , I took the FoxPro with me as I knew there was also a pair of foxes in the area. I never saw the buck only 2 does but I did spy Charles mooching at the edge of a copse. I waited til it was out of sight and carefully put out the caller ,  young rabbit distress was playing and in came a small dog fox within 30 seconds ................great result.

jfSyDWX.jpg

On the rats tonight and had a dog fox. Took longer to find it in the long grass than to call and shoot it.

Made up for the lack of rats as I only managed 9. Not sure if the moon was the issue but they did not want to play. I missed the first two until i remembered that the air rifle is set up for 70 yards. 

Two this week a really big dog Monday night well Tuesday morning 3.30am and a big Vixen Tuesday night. I've sent my pulsar  n550 off for repair estimate is £340 and 6 weeks. So I've been using a borrowed pard nv007 add on, it works but it's hard work with a narrow field of view makes finding them difficult and the need to constantly refocus is a pain. Also it's the first time in about 4 years that I've used my 243 at night I had forgotten how loud they are. And how much quieter a 223 is.

12 hours ago, bornfree said:

Two this week a really big dog Monday night well Tuesday morning 3.30am and a big Vixen Tuesday night. I've sent my pulsar  n550 off for repair estimate is £340 and 6 weeks. So I've been using a borrowed pard nv007 add on, it works but it's hard work with a narrow field of view makes finding them difficult and the need to constantly refocus is a pain. Also it's the first time in about 4 years that I've used my 243 at night I had forgotten how loud they are. And how much quieter a 223 is.

Funny enough i was out last night after deer. Only saw does and being a bit bored I called one in at about 0915 so still plenty of light. I plugged it with the .243 and it seemed at least twice as loud as my .223. The .223 is so sweet and in the tikka, even with me behind it, is spot on with the accuracy. I have a drone on the top and a few weeks back sold a spare and already thinking I should have kept it. 

Good to hear an honest opinion of the Pard. 

7 hours ago, oowee said:

Funny enough i was out last night after deer. Only saw does and being a bit bored I called one in at about 0915 so still plenty of light. I plugged it with the .243 and it seemed at least twice as loud as my .223. The .223 is so sweet and in the tikka, even with me behind it, is spot on with the accuracy. I have a drone on the top and a few weeks back sold a spare and already thinking I should have kept it. 

Good to hear an honest opinion of the Pard. 

its possible that the narrow field of view to down to the scope ive put it on its a 4-16 x 50 but its the only side PX adjustable ive got.

20 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Anyone on here using a pard oo8 as thinking of getting one..all reviews I have read are very positive. 

i would like to know as well, as you say very positive reviews

Out on a few rabbits last night and managed a youngster for good measure. I bet he had been in the field all the time I was fannying abut with equipment failure. First my caller would not work as I placed it in a dip. Then my IR went loose as the mounting ring had worked loose. After sorting all of that I noticed him in the field chewing on a carcass so down he went. How unlucky can a fox be? 

Had a call the other day asking if I could sort out a fox that was chasing the owners 2 elderly Jack Russell's around the farmyard snacking at them , the owner was a bit concerned as the 2 JRTs are partially blind and deaf.

After an hour and a half of calling this dog fox turned up and was duly dispatched , the owners were very pleased. :yes:

Ro7L29T.jpg

While I was waiting for the fox I noticed a few bunnies also hopping around the farmyard so offered to go back and clear up a few.

Last night saw me turn up with the .22 , the owner informed me that he had seen another fox so I will have to go back and sort that one too.

The rabbits are digging up his lawn and damaging the plants in the garden so the order was take no prisoners , so young ones had to go too but this is pest control :yes:

lcotApj.jpg

First outing on the rabbits this year , enjoyed it so will have to have a few more outings before cubs start in earnest.

Edited by FOXHUNTER1

On 18/05/2019 at 17:03, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Anyone on here using a pard oo8 as thinking of getting one..all reviews I have read are very positive. 

I’ve got a nv008 on t3 223 foxes don’t like it, but for the money I’m well happy with it. I’ve put some vids on YouTube ( fox patrol ) check it out if you like

Popped out and tried my luck at one particular spot and saw zilch so on my way home I decided to watch my bait station that I baited with rabbits the other night. I arrived at 9.45 and decided to watch , no calling. 10 pm out pops a fox and makes a beeline for the bait , a small dog fox accounted for :yes:

lRpIxHZ.jpg

IMG_20190528_202228.jpg.0ac0c5b6eaaba1225a6c3d123ed1f96f.jpgthe fox had killed a goose and was behind this wire fence eating it so wasn't moving. I thought what's the chances of hitting the wire. So I took the shot heard a twang and watched the fox run out of the pen into the next one and luckily he stopped after 100 yards and looked back. I got him with the second shot .

Gents...sorry for the absence...the house and other things has somewhat taken over. 

Well done all round on the fox shooting efforts ...and fencing work :lol:

I have been so busy that I havent had chance (or need) to be out after the foxes. Bumpy asked me whether the rifles had seized up and then suggested that I was working for Wild Justice lol. I had checked with my chicken farm owner and all was quiet so more refurb work on the house...must have tempted fate as he called yesterday to say they had lost some chickens. Finished doing brickwork about 21.15 last night and by the time I cleared up and got all the kit it was about 22.30 and dark enough to head out. I took my camping chair and set up watching the one pen but after about 30 mins needed to stretch my legs so went for a walk to warm up...second stint saw nothing but there were 80 or more birds out so I couldnt risk leaving them...about 23.15 I decided to put the chair back in the truck before going for a walk round. In the couple of minutes I took to drop the chair off the fox was in the pen finishing off the first of its victims. Quick chest shot at about 100 yards and Mrs fox was down. Farmer is happy and hopefully I can catch up with the rest of the family in the next week. There are woods everywhere along with badger sets and lots of owners who dont like shooting so never simple. 

Keep up the good work. 

1 hour ago, WelshMike said:

Gents...sorry for the absence...the house and other things has somewhat taken over. 

Well done all round on the fox shooting efforts ...and fencing work 

I have been so busy that I havent had chance (or need) to be out after the foxes. Bumpy asked me whether the rifles had seized up and then suggested that I was working for Wild Justice lol. I had checked with my chicken farm owner and all was quiet so more refurb work on the house...must have tempted fate as he called yesterday to say they had lost some chickens. Finished doing brickwork about 21.15 last night and by the time I cleared up and got all the kit it was about 22.30 and dark enough to head out. I took my camping chair and set up watching the one pen but after about 30 mins needed to stretch my legs so went for a walk to warm up...second stint saw nothing but there were 80 or more birds out so I couldnt risk leaving them...about 23.15 I decided to put the chair back in the truck before going for a walk round. In the couple of minutes I took to drop the chair off the fox was in the pen finishing off the first of its victims. Quick chest shot at about 100 yards and Mrs fox was down. Farmer is happy and hopefully I can catch up with the rest of the family in the next week. There are woods everywhere along with badger sets and lots of owners who dont like shooting so never simple. 

Keep up the good work. 

Well done Mike. To be fair the pics you sent me of house with a bit of skirting boards removed did not look that major🤣