Fox club

WelshMike

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Hope you get chicken killer tonight , I'm having a night off.

Dont blame you bud..wish I was..knackered at the mo. Im going to set up in a different position and try and get a good view of the 2 sheds...problem is there is a house behind and when they pull in it lights the area up a bit. I would set up in the field that looks onto the sheds but the calves run riot when anything goes in the field..including me lol. ...

Its a shame that I cant watch all 3 sheds at the same time but I would need a tower about 90 foot tall for that.....no chance. 

Have a nice relaxing evening mate :good:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...out Monday night and a night of frustration really. Arrived and parked up, quick scan revealed 2 foxes the far side of the road and one about 70 yards away on top of the bank. The fox disappeared and then reappeared in thick cover ..I could see it with the thermal but no chance with the NV. After about 30 minutes a badger arrived and the fox disappeared. Lots more walking about and not being able to take a shot at anything....so one final check on another patch and there was one heading out of the wood . By this point I was getting royally fed up with my evenings pursuits but managed to drop the fox at about the 230 yard mark. Due to the calves in the field I left it where it was as told the farmer to go and get it (which he wont). 

Another down and a fair few more to go. Over the last 10 visits I have always seen 1 and generally 3 or 4. 8 cubs and 3 adults down doesnt seem to be making much of an impact. 

13 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Well done that man. Here was me thinking you were moaning about not seeing any🤔😂

I was very surprised myself as the 1st farm I looked at which was fresh cut stubble I never saw anything.  On my way home decided to check another spot and my luck was in. Felt good to get onto a few but now it will be back to the odd one I suppose. 

5 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

No foxes this week but had a decent unplanned bash at the bunnies with airgun 

20190907_081555.jpg

That's a good bag with the air gun m8. I had a night on them the other night with .22lr and really enjoyed it , forgot how much fun it was . Had to clear some hares up too as poachers are hounding place ,  caught them again other night driving the land.I see you also got an immigrant 😄

Edited by FOXHUNTER1

Headed out Sat night and for once I didnt see anything at the chicken farm...which is a shame as I know there are at least a couple left. 

Headed over to another farm and covered the bulk of the ground with no luck. Over to the far side of the road and the last couple of the fields and there was a fox and 2 badgers. The field is pretty flat so a bit of calling got some interest and moved the fox to a sensible point. I had to laugh as the fox and badger got a bit close and the badger sent the fox legging it out of the way :lol: Fox finally came to about 70 yards and dropped to a chest shot off the sticks. At the top of the field I stopped for a final luck and there was some rustling in the nettles about 3 feet away...out pops a hedgehog lol...watched it for a couple of minutes until it headed off. I love seeing hedgehogs...hopefully the badgers will leave it alone. 

Good work Mike. Had a old vixen last night. After spotting her well across. A quick manoeuvre to get caller under the hedge. then tucked into hedge 40 yards behind. I set little rabbit screaming and watched the fox look up. A short while later she cut across in front and then slowly come in. At 80 yards I flicked the excellent pard on and the little hmr did the rest. As I said last week the pard 008 is excellent and so far cant fault it. Was watching badgers at 600 plus last night with a great picture

20190909_210259.jpg

4 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Good work Mike. Had a old vixen last night. After spotting her well across. A quick manoeuvre to get caller under the hedge. then tucked into hedge 40 yards behind. I set little rabbit screaming and watched the fox look up. A short while later she cut across in front and then slowly come in. At 80 yards I flicked the excellent pard on and the little hmr did the rest. As I said last week the pard 008 is excellent and so far cant fault it. Was watching badgers at 600 plus last night with a great picture

20190909_210259.jpg

:good:well done mate. 

11 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

20190909_210259.jpg

Great when a plan comes to fruition 👍

6 hours ago, bang bang birdy said:

Went out last night to christen a mates new high seat. Had two one vixen just before last light and one dog as it got dark. The dog came running in to the caller from 300 yards away. Pard nv008 does the business again. 

A3462936-C2BE-4792-B45B-61FE3C2BD5C9.jpeg

The pards are getting results 👍

Had another night on the foxes. First 2 places I tried produced nothing. Surprisingly as I had not been there for a long time. Next spot was a farm that I have not seen a fox for a while. Stood in yard looking out, nothing. Started hand calling and within 30 seconds a white blob is running up track 300yards away. A quick run to the truck. Rifle out sticks and nv on. Back in position foxes is sat 150 yards away now. One more squeak brings her to around 100 and down she goes. Onto chicken farm where I had paunched the rabbits last weekend. But no sign of a fox through the thermal. Again 5 minutes of hand calling brings dog fox into field. Line up on his shoulder click😡a misfire. Wait 20 seconds remove round cycle another. Fox has moved to 120 out now. A quick shout and dropped on the spot with little hmr. Must admit that was limit for little round but worked a treat again with pard on top. My sauer 404xt synchro in 243 has not had a look in recent lol 

20190912_064736.jpg

5 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Had another night on the foxes. First 2 places I tried produced nothing. Surprisingly as I had not been there for a long time. Next spot was a farm that I have not seen a fox for a while. Stood in yard looking out, nothing. Started hand calling and within 30 seconds a white blob is running up track 300yards away. A quick run to the truck. Rifle out sticks and nv on. Back in position foxes is sat 150 yards away now. One more squeak brings her to around 100 and down she goes. Onto chicken farm where I had paunched the rabbits last weekend. But no sign of a fox through the thermal. Again 5 minutes of hand calling brings dog fox into field. Line up on his shoulder click😡a misfire. Wait 20 seconds remove round cycle another. Fox has moved to 120 out now. A quick shout and dropped on the spot with little hmr. Must admit that was limit for little round but worked a treat again with pard on top. My sauer 404xt synchro in 243 has not had a look in recent lol 

20190912_064736.jpg

Nicely done buddy :good:

Back out again last night despite the full moon. Arrived at the chicken farm and a short walk later I saw a fox heading straight for the first pens....no shot so I had a very brisk walk back down to a spot I could watch the pens...30 minutes later and no sign so I headed off to see if I could find the fox...no luck so not sure if it had seen or winded me. I could hear the ducks kicking off on the pool so pretty sure there was a fox there. Headed over to a bank looking over the pool and the fox was sat looking at the ducks. 150 yard shot dropped the fox in the reeds. It would have been a 3/4 mile walk to go and get it so I left it where it was ...a dead fox is a dead fox so I was happy :lol: 

Headed to a second farm down the road on my way home. Pretty quiet so last call before heading home and the thermal picked up a heat signature tearing towards me out of the wood. Lay down and set the rifle up....fox about 60 yards away so had to shout to stop it. To be fair the angle and bullet placement made such a shocking mess of the fox I cant post the pic...I couldnt even tell whether it was a dog or vixen but it was extremely dead. Farmer is happy as they are putting a new chicken shed about 50 yards from where this one was shot. I have asked if he can stop free range and keep them shut in :lol:

No foxes here :)

last night on the boat and back to Oban in the morning. I will be happy to get my feet on dry land. Its been a stressful few days with the tail of some hurricane coming through. Not sure if you can read this but boat speed of 6knts with speed over ground of 9 knts 😶

IMG-20190912-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20190912-WA0004.jpg

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

For the lads using 008 s , you may have read on other forums about the locking rings on power button and IR coming loose, also the grub screws on the laser.
I dont know anyone who has had the problem, so it may just be a (newer) batch.
But nothing wrong in checking . :yes:

Mine is one of yours and am chuffed.  Will get Paul to order another when I can sell my scope. To go on 243👍

11 minutes ago, oowee said:

No foxes here :)

last night on the boat and back to Oban in the morning. I will be happy to get my feet on dry land. Its been a stressful few days with the tail of some hurricane coming through. Not sure if you can read this but boat speed of 6knts with speed over ground of 9 knts 😶

IMG-20190912-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20190912-WA0004.jpg

Looks fun but not for me lol