Fox club

WelshMike

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm Joining this club now! Unfortunately my new phone won't let me print the pictures on here because they are always to big, and as I am an ignorant old codger I can't figure out how to do it.

I normally shoot with two lads, one Bumpy 22 of of here and a lad called Scott.

I also shoot two chicken farms on my own,from towers I have put up. my tally this year by myself and the two lads, that have been shot while I was there is 47, I have lots of pictures and must learn to put them up.

As an aside oowee if you listen and learn from Ed you'll get on well with the fox clearance, wish I could call off my hand like him!

Edited by tonker

A little vixen I had last night Think the dog saw her before I did as her tail was going crazy She was about 100yards a little squeak to get her to stop and click

(forgot to reload after getting up on top of some silage bales) put a round up the spout and she was still there lucky for me but not for the fox

post-21630-0-34974100-1468093280_thumb.jpg

Gotta a fox giving me the run around seen it three times in the thermal, it's laying up in a copse heavy with briars very thick impenetrable

Looks like an all nighter on a seat , sticks,thermal and the 222 and hopefully no rain - watch this space, going to have a. Look Monday night It's coming out all over the place, size of it, looks like a decent sized dog fox

Patrol

Well then boys....firstly well done to all of you for the fine work, secondly...apologies for the lack of posting from me. I have been off for the week and busy with lots of bits including shooting.

Update time......most of the farms have now cut silage so a bit of foxy related actions....

Sunday night - out after rabbits but happened across this vixen cub so shot her about 60 yards with the .17 hmr

Vixen%20cub%2003.07.16_zpsulkovsp8.jpg

Monday night- despite the drizzle headed out to a few silaged fields and managed to catch up with these 4 cubs.

4%20cubs%2004.07.16_zpsjtn1134o.jpg

Tuesday night- 2 more cubs on the same farm as monday night but a different location and then cub no 5 from the same litter as the 4 on Monday night (3 in total for the night)

2%20cubs%2005.07.16_zpsj485u8uq.jpg

Cub%20no%203%2005.07.16_zpsmixzk8wr.jpg

Thursday night- 1 more cub from the tuesday night litter and then rain stopped play after I got soaked

No pic as the 56 grain BT made a real mess of this one

Friday night- Out to what is now the "fox farm" and shot another 3 cubs from a new litter.....getting a little daft at this point

3%20cubs%2008.07.16_zps4d1bnc4g.jpg

Saturday night........different farm where I accounted for a dog fox before rain stopped play (chicken farm so owner is happy). Over to the "fox farm" on the way home where I accounted for a dog and a vixen .....

Dog%20fox%2009.07.16_zpsny3kkfwx.jpg

Dog%20fox%20no%202%2009.07.16_zpshuy8mnz

Vixen%2009.07.16_zpsxzj1fmax.jpg

All in all 6 outings and 15 foxes so a pretty good week....Also managed 3 sessions on the crows but will post this on sporting pics..

Thanks for reading

Edited by WelshMike

Hi WM

What a cracking week you've had, well done Sir

I'm out tonight for a recce on this dog fox that has given me the slip on three occasions, got a nice light breeze here at the moment that will be of help later hopefully

Patrol

Cheers mate and good luck for tonight. My reports were a little brief as I am just back to work so up to my eyes in it at the moment.....gets in the way of my shooting but pays for it so shouldnt complain.

Well then boys....firstly well done to all of you for the fine work, secondly...apologies for the lack of posting from me. I have been off for the week and busy with lots of bits including shooting.

Update time......most of the farms have now cut silage so a bit of foxy related actions....

Sunday night - out after rabbits but happened across this vixen cub so shot her about 60 yards with the .17 hmr

Vixen%20cub%2003.07.16_zpsulkovsp8.jpg

Monday night- despite the drizzle headed out to a few silaged fields and managed to catch up with these 4 cubs.

4%20cubs%2004.07.16_zpsjtn1134o.jpg

Tuesday night- 2 more cubs on the same farm as monday night but a different location and then cub no 5 from the same litter as the 4 on Monday night (3 in total for the night)

2%20cubs%2005.07.16_zpsj485u8uq.jpg

Cub%20no%203%2005.07.16_zpsmixzk8wr.jpg

Thursday night- 1 more cub from the tuesday night litter and then rain stopped play after I got soaked

No pic as the 56 grain BT made a real mess of this one

Friday night- Out to what is now the "fox farm" and shot another 3 cubs from a new litter.....getting a little daft at this point

3%20cubs%2008.07.16_zps4d1bnc4g.jpg

Saturday night........different farm where I accounted for a dog fox before rain stopped play (chicken farm so owner is happy). Over to the "fox farm" on the way home where I accounted for a dog and a vixen .....

Dog%20fox%2009.07.16_zpsny3kkfwx.jpg

Dog%20fox%20no%202%2009.07.16_zpshuy8mnz

Vixen%2009.07.16_zpsxzj1fmax.jpg

All in all 6 outings and 15 foxes so a pretty good week....Also managed 3 sessions on the crows but will post this on sporting pics..

Thanks for reading

top week mike. someone has been feeling tired though I bet

Guys

Nailed it - Huge dog fox - 240 yds 50 grn BT .222 with a 6.5 photon NM 800 IR dropped to shot poa 1" high. With no wind

Worth the long wait laying on me gun bag since 21:00. Shot came at 00:15 Lol - thermal worked a treat on finding it

Really pleased that ones out the way, been playing havoc for a few weeks

Good luck guys

Patrol

Hi Foosa

Nice result there matey, I gotta say the foxes look in fantastic condition in your location, we've got a couple ( oooops did have some) of really **** condition foxes hereabouts, low weight, fur not good etc etc,

The last four dog foxes grassed however been spectacular on condition, weight and coat, prior to that really scraggy, things are on the up

Patrol

Hi Foosa

Nice result there matey, I gotta say the foxes look in fantastic condition in your location, we've got a couple ( oooops did have some) of really **** condition foxes hereabouts, low weight, fur not good etc etc,

The last four dog foxes grassed however been spectacular on condition, weight and coat, prior to that really scraggy, things are on the up

Patrol

There's no bloody foxes round my way at the minute! Managed to squeek one in at the weekend but wouldn't come any closer than 150 yards, pushing it for the hmr and wmr :(

Just bagged a half tidy vixen 150 yds with the old faithful .222. 50 yds from the pen. Nice result Well pleased

Birds coming in 2 weeks, hope this rain eases up a bit for a few weeks now give them a chance to settle in and get up in the cover of the trees out the way

Patrol

Edited by Patrol

Foosa, Patrol ....flippin good shooting boys...well done.

As usual Foosa you put my efforts to shame.

Made it out again on Monday night and managed another 3 cubs. First was a 100 yard chest shot, no 2 was 230 yard chest shot followed by no 3 at 100 yard head shot. I must confess I like my new choice of ammo as I have switched from 80 grain softs to 56 grain ballistic tips (Winchester Varmint X).

Keep up the fine work and keep on posting.

I shot three good sized cubs Tuesday night, the fourth decided it had heard enough and legged it. But we had a dead goose in the same pen last night so I guess its back. So iam out tonight I reckon it will show up about 1.30- 2am.

It didn't show up but I got it Monday morning at 2.30am. All clear Monday night no dead geese. Wednesday morning dead goose in the same pen I was sure I had only seen 4 cubs so sat out last night at 1.55 spotted a pair of eyes at the other end of the field it slowly made its way up the field going through 7 pens of geese without touching any until I shot it at 40 yards. It was a very small dog with a damaged back foot. Back in bed by 3am good result. I've now shot 9 foxes in one 100 x 100 yard pen on a 30 acre field filled with 20,000 geese.