I thought rooks were clever

johnny

Went pigeon shooting yesterday on a game strip but the pigeons did'nt turn up but the rooks did in there droves so I shot a few as I got a few on the floor they would just circle over head allowing me to shot up to 5 out of a bunch that came over, then they would go then come back. I thought rooks were a bit brighter than that. I have been shooting for some time now and never shot any amount of rooks before. made my day something new total bag 56 rooks 35 pigeons and a magpie.

cheers

John

:D Johnny.. Those rooks were not stupid... have you ever seen the Film Zulu...

The Chief Rook was "testing your fire power with the Lives of his warriors"

Next week just as you are leaving the house for work 50 or so rooks will swoop down and **** on you a la Daphne Du Mauriers book "The Birds"

Dont go out in the dark mate.. <_<:angry:

Seriously, birds are pairing up now for the breeding season They are intensely loyal mates but also extremely territorial in their own groups... I suspect they were trying to protect their own. Often when I have been flapper shooting in April the members of the rookery have just circled overhead Cawing incesently whilst I culled their youngsters.. Rook pie... :devil: :look: yum yum...

FM